Witches and Wizards, the Calamity is out of control! Not only does it seem laser-focused on Albus Dumbledore, but we have received reports from our Task Force Members that Dragons are disappearing from reserves worldwide. We are expecting these displaced Dragons to appear in the Muggle world later this week. Here is the information we have gathered and how you, as an SOS Task Force Member, can do to help protect our way of living.
Book Night Event
This ‘extra’ Wizards Unite Event will run for two days, giving us another chance to battle those mighty dragons. Let’s check out the details and get ready to do some battling.
This Book Night Event will run on local time, just like Community Days usually do. It’s set to start on February 5th at 11 A.M. (local time) and run for a full 48 hours, wrapping up the fun on February 7th at 11 A.M.
It’s important to keep in mind that the Book Night Event will happen in the middle of the Darkest of Times Part II Brilliant Event (which runs from February 4th to February 11th. So it might take a bit of extra planning to be able to complete the tasks (and bonus assignments) in time.
This Book Night Event will focus on dragons and dragon eggs. The Dragon Eggs will appear both as a reward from special Portkey Portmanteaus and on the map, so make sure to keep an eye out!
We will also find an increased number of Goblet of Fire Foundables on the map.
While the dragons are usually region-locked (if you’re lucky enough to find a single one on the map) this event will split those four Foundables into two areas. Which means players will get a new chance to complete (and Prestige) one Registry Page.
Here’s a list of the dragons (and eggs) available in each area:
- Peruvian Vipertooth and Common Welsh Green – Europe, Africa and the Americas
- Antipodean Opaleye and Chinese Fireball – Asia and Pacific
This distribution means that players in Asia and the Pacific will get a chance to complete the Oddities III Registry Page while those in Europe, Africa and the Americas will be able to complete Oddities IV.
The Special Book Night Event Assignments
This special event comes accompanied by a list of tasks and some nice rewards on top. Here’s what we’ll have to do:
- Return 20 Foundables of any Family – 4x Level 1 Magical Games and Sports Runestone
- Return 5 Dragon Foundables – 1x Goblet of Fire Foundable Fragment
- Return 5 Goblet of Fire Foundable – 1x Goblet of Fire Foundable Fragment
- Use 5 Magical Games and Sports Runestones – 200 XP
- Defeat 30 Foes in Wizarding Challenges – 1x Goblet of Fire Foundable Fragment
Once we complete all these tasks we will receive 3 Red Spell Books, 2 Silver Keys and 300 XP
The Complimentary Gift and Special Bundle
During this special event we’ll receive a complimentary gift containing:
- 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion
- 1 Level 1 Magical Games and Sports Runestone
- 25 Spell Energy
A Special Bundle will also be available for purchase for 420 Gold Coins (with a limit of 5 Bundles per player). It contains:
- 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
- 3 Level 4 Magical Games and Sports Runestones
- 2 Level 5 Magical Games and Sports Runestones
- 5 Healing Potions
A few tips to make the most of the Book Night Event
Here are a few tips that will help you enjoy the special event and maximise your rare Foundables and XP!
- This event will begin about a day after the Part II Brilliant Event starts (depending on your timezone). Keep this in mind so you can complete tasks from both events at the same time (such as returning high threat Foundables).
- Although we still don’t know for sure, last time we had special dragon egg Portkeys, they unlocked in 1 KM. If this is the case once more, you’ll want to leave as many open slots as possible until Book Night Event begins. They will come in extremely handy when completing the Unlock Portkey tasks (15 Portkeys in total).
- Take a look at your Oddities Registry Page and prioritise the type of Foundable and egg you need to Prestige. These Foundables will only be available for two days, so you don’t want to return too many of your local dragons and miss out on the extra Foundable during the Event.
- Remember that, thanks to the Brilliant Event, Baruffio’s Brain Elixir will last an hour instead of 30 minutes. You might want to save your Elixirs for the Book Night Event instead of using them up during the rest of the Brilliant Event.
- Don’t forget about Adventure Sync! If you haven’t yet, we recommend you enable it so you’ll earn progress toward your Portkeys even when the game isn’t running.
- If you’re half as excited as we are about the dragons, you’re probably going to try to play as much as possible during those two days. Make sure you carry a spare battery pack so that nothing can stop you as you contain the Calamity.
- And as always, have fun!
That’s what we have for today, so go play!
Make sure you add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!
We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!
If you have any more tips for players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to make the most the event.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!