1920s Wizarding World Convergence FAQ

B

Brita

In the mobile game Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, players can experience a completely new type of event and game mechanic. During a 1920s Wizarding World Convergence, players can pick up special 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus, which will appear teal on the Map. These will be the only way to collect the new Foundables.

Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

1920s Wizarding World Convergence Overview

The inaugural 1920s Wizarding World Convergence will be August 18-20, 2021. Going forward, players can expect two 1920s Wizarding World Convergences per month.

This event introduces a new Foundable Family with 3 new Registry pages. The 1920s Wizarding World Registry pages are:

• Newts Menagerie
  • Circus Arcanus
  • Paris Street

Each Registry page will have 5 new Foundables, all exclusive to Portkeys. However, how players collect these Foundables is a little different. For each page, 4 Foundables will be Encounters, and 1 Foundable will be a random reward.

The following infographics introduce the new Registry pages and Foundables.

1920s_Newts_Menagerie-1-1024x1024.jpg1920s_Cricus_Arcanus-1024x1024.jpg 1920s_Paris_Street-1024x1024.jpg

What is a 1920s Wizarding World Convergence?

1920s Wizarding World Convergence is the official name for a new type of event in Wizards Unite. While the exact nature of these events is subject to change after the inaugural event, the primary element will be boosted 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus on the Map.

Will events always include tasks and rewards?

The inaugural 1920s Wizarding World Convergence includes tasks and rewards. However, future events wont always have tasks and rewards.

Will there be new SOS Training or Profession Lesson Plans for the 1920s Wizarding World Convergence?

1920s Wizarding World Convergences will not introduce any new skill trees or any new nodes in SOS Training.

How are 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus different than other Portkey Portmanteaus?

With other Portkey Portmanteaus, you enter a location, tap on Wrackspurts, and see the Rewards page. Thats it.

With 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus, you enter a location, tap on Wrackspurts, see the Rewards page, and then enter a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter. This will not be a Trace on the Mapyou will go straight into the animation of the Foundable and Confoundable.

In addition, regular Portkey Portmanteaus stay in your Suitcase until you open them.

Any 1920s Portkey Portmanteau without a Key in it will disappear shortly after the 1920s Wizarding World Convergence ends.

What is the distance for the 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus?

All 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus will be just 1km.

Will the 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus be color-coded?

1920s Portkey Portmanteaus will appear teal on the Map. While this distinguishes them from regular Portkey Portmanteaus, they will not be color-coded by Foundable or by Registry page.

Will events feature just a single 1920s Wizarding World Registry page?

During a 1920s Wizarding World Convergence, players can potentially recover 1920s Foundables from all 3 new Registry pages.

What are the new 1920s Portkey Portmanteau locations?

There are 3 new Portkey Portmanteau locations with the introduction of 1920s Wizarding World Convergences. Each location corresponds to a new Registry page. These are:

• Newts Suitcase/Menagerie
  • Circus Arcanus
  • MACUSA Lobby (Paris Street)
What is a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter?

You enter a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter after viewing the Rewards summary from opening a 1920s Portkey Portmanteau. This is the Foundable/Confoundable animation. Depending on the Portkey Portmanteau location, you will see 1 of 4 possible Foundables.

• Newts Suitcase/Menagerie
    • Hinkypunk
    • Leucrotta
    • Newts Augurey
    • Paris Newt Scamander
  • Circus Arcanus
    • Zouwu
    • Kappa
    • Credence
    • Nagini
  • MACUSA Lobby (Paris Street)
    • Jacob Kowalski
    • Queenie Goldstein
    • Moving Statue
    • Newts Case
Can a 1920s Wizarding World Foundable flee?

Yes, a 1920s Wizarding World Foundable can flee.

Can I use Potions during a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter?

You can use the following Potions during a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter:

• Exstimulo Potion
  • Strong Exstimulo Potion
  • Potent Exstimulo Potion
  • Dawdle Draught
What happens if I back out of the 1920s Wizarding World Encounter?

If you back out of the 1920s Wizarding World Encounter, you will not be able to return to it. This does not appear as a Trace on the Map, so you only have the single opportunity.

Can I use a Trace Charm on a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter?

No, you cannot use a Trace Charm on a 1920s Wizarding World Encounter because it will not be a Trace on the Map.

What are the 1920s Wizarding World Registry pages?

The 1920s Wizarding World Registry pages are:

• Newts Menagerie
  • Circus Arcanus
  • Paris Street
How many Keys do I need to prestige the 1920s Wizarding World Registry pages?

To place every single Image on a gold frame, you need to use at least 771 Keys. (Please check my math!)

This assumes you have perfect luck with the exact 1920s Wizarding World Encounters you need, as well as the exact bonus drops (Bunty, Maledictus Poster, Lestrange Family Tree Book) you need.

Registry PageRegistry ImageFragments (Base)Fragments (Bronze)Fragments (Silver)Fragments (Gold)
Newts SuitcaseHinkypunk9152537
Newts SuitcaseLeucrotta9152537
Newts SuitcaseNewts Augurey7121830
Newts SuitcaseParis Newt Scamander581422
Newts SuitcaseBunty35812
Circus ArcanusZouwu7121830
Circus ArcanusKappa7121830
Circus ArcanusCredence581422
Circus ArcanusNagini581422
Circus ArcanusMaledictus Poster35812
Paris StreetJacob Kowalski9152537
Paris StreetQueenie Goldstein7121830
Paris StreetMoving Statue581422
Paris StreetNewts Case581422
Paris StreetLestrange Family Tree Book35812
How do I collect new Registry Images?

You can only recover 1920s Registry Images through 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus. Each page has 4 Foundables who will appear in 1920s Wizarding World Encounters. Each page also has 1 Fragment that will be a random reward from 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus.

Are any new Registry Images available through Wizarding Challenges?

No. None of the 1920s Wizarding World Registry Images can be earned through Wizarding Challenges.

What is the threat-level of the new Registry Foundables?

At the moment, Wizards Unite Hub does not know the threat-level of the 1920s Wizarding World Foundables.

If you have any questions about the 1920s Wizarding World Convergence, please leave them in the comments. I will update this article and write more articles once I have more information to share. (I will also try to add all individual Registry Images soon, but Im under a LOT of pressure this week dealing with family stuff, and I dont have time to do this).

Stay updated on the latest Wizards Unite news by following on Twitter or Facebook. Especially with the recent influx of bugs and calendar changes, this is the best way to stay connected with Wizards Unite updates.

Discuss strategy and share opinions on Discord. Support the mostly volunteer-run website and community by buying merch or joining the WizHub Patreon!

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit.

The post 1920s Wizarding World Convergence FAQ appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.