Another Adversary Rematch with Lockhart and Greyback

B

Brita

Hello dear witches and wizards! I am back after a few days at the beach with my family followed by a few days at Disney World with my husband.

I’m excited to resume covering Harry Potter: Wizards Unite events, starting with this detailed guide to the second Adversaries Event in May.

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Other articles on Adversaries:

If you want to see a few vacation pictures, check out my pink Instagram account.

To learn more about the upcoming Adversaries Event, you can watch my video or keep reading.

May Adversaries Event 2 Overview

Event Name May Adversaries Event 1
Date + Time
Features
  • Starts on May 10, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • Ends on May 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • A special assignment with rewards
  • Boosted Adversaries on the Map
    • -Fenrir Greyback
    • -Gilderoy Lockhart
  • Master Notes will reduce brewing time by 25% for all Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potion
  • Boosted Wit-Sharpening Ingredients on the Map
  • Guaranteed Exploration Fragments from Forest IV and higher
  • Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge XP from doing Wizarding Challenges, plus Spell Energy rewards
  • Free store pack
[TR]
[TD]Rewards[/TD]

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • Spell Energy
  • Gold
  • And more!!!
[/TR]
Adversaries Event Tasks and Rewards

Tasks and rewards continue to be fairly similar to the most recent Adversaries Events, though some changes have been made that reflect player feedback. This will enable players to save their Potions for the Adversaries, should they prefer to.

As with previous Adversaries Events, some tasks will be difficult to do from home if you don’t get much Map activity at your house. Players only get the 1 free Edible Dark Mark, and that will not guarantee event Adversaries.

To complete all of these tasks, you need to encounter Fenrir Greyback 7 times and Gilderoy Lockhart 4 times.

The second Guard for Fenrir Greyback is a Werewolf. While the task of defeating Werewolves helps newer players who want to back out before the main Adversary, it’s yet another challenge for rural players.

Quest StepReward
Use Master Notes 8 Times1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
Defeat 7 Werewolves in Adversary Encounters20 Spell Energy
Return 4 Wizarding Challenges in Forest IV or Higher1 Silver Key
Earn 1750 Challenge XP Through Wizarding Challenges and/or Adversary Chains6 Ginger Root
Return 20 Artefact Fragments from Fenrir Greyback and/or Gilderoy Lockhart Chains2 Potent Exstimulo Potions
Deal 25,000 Damage to Adversaries1 DADA Book
Defeat Fenrir Greyback 4 Times1 DADA Book
Defeat Gilderoy Lockhart 4 Times1 DADA Book

Overall rewards:

• 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 60 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
Adversaries Event BONUS Tasks and Rewards

This Adversaries Event includes a Bonus Assignment! Remember, the Werewolf is a Guard for Fenrir Greyback. Both of Gilderoy Lockhart’s Guards are Pixies.

That said, not everyone will be able to complete the Bonus Assignment. That’s okay! Games should be fun, not stressful.

Note: These tasks are cumulative. You only need to defeat 12 featured Adversaries total.

Quest StepReward
Defeat 20 Werewolves and/or Pixies in Adversary Encounters1 Spell Book
Defeat 8 Fenrir Greyback and/or Gilderoy Lockhart1 Spell Book
Defeat 12 Fenrir Greyback and/or Gilderoy Lockhart1 Spell Book

Bonus rewards:

• 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 1000 Wizarding XP
  • 40 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
How to Prepare for May’s Adversaries Event

My advice for this particular Adversaries Event remains unchanged from most recent Adversaries Event. While preparing before the event is helpful, using your resources wisely as you play is crucial as well.

This particular Adversaries Event is good for players who have just recently finished a Profession Lesson Plan. Fenrir Greyback and Gilderoy Lockhart are 2nd and 3rd down the list of Feared Adversaries, meaning they’re relatively easy to defeat. Yes, you will still need to use some Potions if you haven’t progressed in your Advanced Adversarial Combat, but this is a great opportunity for lower-level players to earn DADA Books and to fill out their Challenge Registry.

Prepare to Defeat Adversaries

Once again, the repetitive advice, in the simplest of terms.

First, finish a Profession Lesson Plan. Put resources into a single Profession before you work on a second.

Next, work through the nodes in the Advanced Adversarial Combat for your completed Profession. The Precision nodes (on the right) increase your chances of getting a Critical Hit (inflicting more Damage). The Dodge nodes (on the left) increase your chances of dodging (taking no Damage).

Players have differing opinions on whether they prefer unlocking the Precision or Dodge nodes first. Prioritize Dodge to save on Healing Potions. Prioritize Precision to save on Spell Energy.

Finally, bolster your Potions through SOS Training. This chart indicates the different nodes and their locations to improve your Potions.

LocationNodeEffect
CE I,5Engarde!Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Brunch or Linner?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,22Was Mundungus Here?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,12Awesome BlossomExstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,8Twisting SpleensHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Name in the Paper!Healing Potion Potency Increase
CE II,15Muggle MedicinesHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,8Hand in HandStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,17St. MungosStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,28Ebb and NeapStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,20Ice Cream SocialStrong Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,12Volunteer WorkPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Light My FirePotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,38Tempermental CauldronsPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,42Wasted on the OldPotent Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE II,22Whetstone for the MindWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CD II,32Recipe RecitationWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,40I’ll Be the KnightWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Wit Beyond LeisureWit-Sharpening Potion Duration Increase

Start brewing Healing Potions, Exstimulo Potions, and Wit-Sharpening Potions.

Start collecting extra Ingredients for Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions. You’ll want a good stockpile of these to take advantage of the reduced brewing time with Master Notes.

Fill up on Spell Energy!

Open up your maximum Gifts each day, prioritizing Gifts that give you the aforementioned resources.

If you have extra Gold available, purchase Vault Extensions. The ability to hold more Spell Energy, Ingredients, and Potions will help you prepare for resource-intense events like this one.

Tips to Enjoy the Adversaries Event

This advice assumes you get Traces at your home, or you’re able to visit an area with Wizards Unite activity on the Map. We’re still in a pandemic, so prioritize your health and follow all local laws!

First, always keep a close eye on your Potions so you can collect new ones immediately and use Master Notes on the next one. Keep brewing Potions constantly. This is helpful for everyone!

Prestige Pages Quickly

To place all of the Images on the Adversary pages, you need fewer of the final Adversary than you do of the Artefacts. This is true of all Feared Adversaries, including Fenrir Greyback and Gilderoy Lockhart.

If you are low on Spell Energy and/or Potions, you can work to prestige your Registry pages while still conserving resources. Once you have placed an Adversary, and you have returned them enough times to place again, back out from future Adversary chains after you defeat the Guards. You will still receive Artefact Fragments by defeating the Guards.

However, this strategy does mean you earn less DADA Books. It’s up to you if you want to prioritize grinding DADA Books or prestiging pages. You also might need to be strategic if you want to complete the Bonus Assignment.

Grind DADA Books

If you really want to grind DADA Books, your best strategy involves going to an area with multiple POIs in the game. Plant Snowdrop or Wormwood at a Greenhouse. Walk from Inn to Inn if available, or sit by an Inn if you just have one. Replenish your Spell Energy between Adversary Encounters. Use an EDM for 3 additional Adversaries every 30 minutes.

You earn 1 guaranteed DADA Book for each Adversary to defeat. Occasionally you can earn 1 DADA Book from defeating a Guard. You earn additional DADA Books by placing Adversary Images in the Challenges Registry.

Finish Bonus Assignment

If you want the 3 extra Spell Books and 5 extra DADA Books, work carefully and quickly on the regular tasks.

Brew regular Exstimulo Potions to use Master Notes more quickly.

After you defeat Fenrir Greyback 4 times, you will have dealt 10,804 Damage.

After you defeat Gilderoy Lockhart 4 times, you will have dealt 11,716 Damage.

This leaves 2,480 Damage left to deal to complete that task. You can do this fairly easily by defeating another 1-2 Adversaries of any type.

At the same time, you will collect the required Artefact Fragments since you earn 4 total for each Adversary chain.

After you finish the initial set of tasks, quickly collect your rewards. Confirm the Bonus Assignment is live. Start hunting Fenrir Greyback and Gilderoy Lockhart! Use EDMs as necessary, but your best bet is to visit a park, a city center, or a university–anywhere with multiple POIs and Map activity.

Back out of any Adversaries that are not the featured Adversaries. If you want to prestige those pages, you can split the difference by just defeating the Guards to collect Artefact Fragments. And if you really want to save on resources, just defeat the first Guard then flee; it will take a while to place an item by only getting one Artefact Fragment at a time, but chipping away at them does work eventually.

If you have plenty of time to complete the bonus assignment, then feel free to defeat all Adversaries you see. The advice above is helpful if you’re short on time and really want to finish the bonus assignment.

Adversaries Event Bundles

Like all Wizards Unite events, this Adversaries Event will feature store bundles. The free store pack includes an Edible Dark Mark! The paid bundles are both repeats from the first May Adversaries Event.

Free store pack includes:

• 1 Edible Dark Mark
  • 2 Healing Potions
  • 1 Exstimulo Potion
  • 30 Spell Energy

The Arresto Adversary Bundle (800 Gold) includes:

• 3 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy

Is this bundle a good deal?

You can buy 5 Edible Dark Marks for 1200 Gold, making the individual value 240 Gold. Thus the value of 3 Edible Dark Marks is 720 Gold. If you only want discounted Edible Dark Marks, this bundle is not a good value. If you want discounted Spell Energy, then the bundle is a decent deal.

The Adversary Vanquisher Trunk (2020 Gold) includes:

• 3 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy
  • 8 Potent Exstimulo Potions
  • 8 Strong Exstimulo Potions
  • 8 Wit-Sharpening Potions

3 Edible Dark Marks are worth 720 Gold.

A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.

Thus 8 Potent Potions are worth 568 Gold.

Normally I don’t recommend spending Gold on Strong Exstimulo Potions because their Ingredients are common. However, with back-to-back Wizards Unite events, players are going through their Potions quickly.

Looking at just Ingredients, it’s 3 Gold each per Snowdrop, Bitterroot, and Re’em Blood, plus 12 Gold for Abraxan Hair, so 36 Gold per Strong Exstimulo Potion.

Thus 8 Strong Potions are worth 288 Gold.

I really don’t recommend spending Gold on Wit-Sharpening Potions because Ingredients will be boosted during the event, AND you can get these Potions through Gifts.

Before Spell Energy, the bundle is really not worth the price asked. I only recommend this bundle for rural players who don’t have access to Ingredients or Spell Energy.

Final Adversaries Event Notes

Playing outside? Be sure to carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? Check out my list of the top-rated options on Amazon!

I hope this Wizards Unite Adversaries Event guide has been helpful! Let us know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future guides. We are also working on detailed guides for all Adversaries to help you manage your time, Potions, and Spell Energy.

Connect with me and the rest of the WizHub team here in the comments or on our social media platforms. I read all comments, even if I don’t respond to all of them. We pass on general opinions to the official HPWU team, so let your thoughts be known!

Stay updated on the latest Wizards Unite news by following on Twitter or Facebook. Discuss strategy and share opinions on Discord.

Support the mostly volunteer-run website and community by buying merch or joining the WizHub Patreon! We receive many reader requests for website updates, but there is only so much a small team can do in our free time. We’ve recently added Spanish translations to key articles, and we would like to offer other language translations at some point. Financial assistance helps us build our writing/translating team. You can also apply to be a WizHub writer!

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit. After my week on vacation, y’all have a better idea of how much I do myself to keep this website running (and I was still editing articles and posting to social media while on vacation).

The post Another Adversary Rematch with Lockhart and Greyback appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.