Another Baby Beasts Community Day in Wizards Unite

B

Brita

Are you ready for a long Community weekend in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite? During this special event which has no theme, players will encounter all the adorable Baby Beast Foundables… And maybe? 1920s Portkey Portmanteaus on the Map.

While I love a good theme myself, I believe the HPWU team decided to combine this long weekend to help players still hoping to prestige pages. Forbidden Forest II is the newest page in the regular Exploration Registry. The 1920s pages are the newest pages overall in the Exploration Registry.

Plus, this is a holiday weekend in the United States, so not a time to schedule a challenging event.

I have written this article with the possibility of 1920s Portkeys because that is the information I initially received for the November 2021 calendar. However, the details I received for this specific event only cover the Baby Beasts. Luckily, since the 1920s Wizarding World Convergence just adds special Portkeys to the Map, my overall advice remains the same. I will update this article once I receive clarification on the 1920s aspect of the long weekend.

This event will be Wednesday, November 24 to Monday, November 29, starting and ending at midnight PT. This will NOT be local time. All events will be based in PT going forward.

Discover all of the details for the long weekend in this Wizards Unite event guide.

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Wizards Unite Community Weekend November 2021

Discover all Community Day details, tasks, rewards, tips, and more in my video! Or keep reading for event information.

DateWednesday, November 24 12:01am PT to Monday, November 29, 2021 11:59pm PT
Effects
  • Community Day specific Task List will be in your Special Assignments tab!
  • Increased sightings of all Baby Beasts:
    • -Baby Mooncalf
    • -Baby Troll
    • -Baby Cerberus
    • -Baby Chinese Fireball
    • -Baby Hippogriff
    • -Baby Mandrake
    • -Baby Niffler
    • -Baby Norwegian Ridgeback
    • -Baby Unicorn
  • Guaranteed Baby Phoenix Fragment after winning a Wizarding Challenge in Forest IV and higher when using a Care of Magical Creatures Runestone.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge XP, and Spell Energy rewards while doing Wizarding Challenges.
  • Special 1km Portkeys that award Care of Magical Creatures Family XP and the Abraxan Winged Horse.
  • A different special 1km Portmanteau that rewards an exclusive 1920s Wizarding World Encounter!
Free Store Pack
  • 25 Spell Energy
  • 6 Baneberry
  • 4 Bulbadox Juice
  • 4 Angel’s Trumpet
  • 2 Erumpet Horn
  • 2 Dark Detectors
  • 6 Snowdrop

Wizards Unite November Community Weekend Information
November 2021 Community Weekend Tasks

Like all recent Community Day events, this event includes a special set of tasks and rewards. These tasks are comparable to what we normally see, but players have much longer to complete them all. The one challenge will be walking off Portkeys.

Everything on the Forbidden Forest II page is boosted, plus Baby Beasts from other Registry pages. How many times will you prestige Forbidden Forest II?

Of course, if you already have a gold frame, you might decide to skip November’s Community weekend. Personally, I have a gold frame, but I just earned my last Baby Phoenix Fragment a few weeks ago, so I’m still working on the entire page.

TaskReward
Use Master Notes 4 Times3 Strong Exstimulo Potions
Defeat 20 Foes in Wizarding Challenges3 Wit-Sharpening Potions
Cast 10 Good (or better) Spells50 Gold
Return 10 Baby Mooncalf Foundables50 Gold
Return 10 Baby Chinese Fireball Foundables5 Silver Keys
Return 5 Winged Abraxans from Portkeys5 Healing Potions
Return 8 Baby Phoenixes by Using Care of Magical Creatures Runestones3 Potent Exstimulo Potions

Completion Rewards:

• 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 3 Spell Books
  • 60 Gold
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 30 Spell Energy
Preparing for Wizards Unite Community Day

November’s Community Day is structured like most Community Days over the last year, except focused on different Registry pages, and combined with a 1920s Wizarding World Convergence.

As usual, players have reasons to return Foundables AND to complete Wizarding Challenges AND to unlock Portkeys. These different event bonuses make Community Day customizable to your personal goals, especially as we approach the end of the game. Here are a few basic tips to prepare before Community Day begins.

Portkeys

Do your best to open Portkeys before Community Day starts so you have room to pick up 1km Portkeys. Depending on your goals, you’ll want to focus on the Community Day Portkeys or the 1920s ones. Keep in mind that the former are necessary to complete event tasks, but if you’re not concerned about the rewards, you can prioritized the 1920s Portkeys.

Potions

Collect Ingredients and brew Potions so you have a good supply by Community Day.

If you don’t get Ingredients at home, stay safe while venturing out. Local parks, shopping malls, city centers, and college campuses usually have great Map activity.

You can also plant Seeds in Greenhouses to collect Baneberry, Leaping Toadstool, Sopophorous Bean, and Snowdrop.

These are all the Ingredients you need for Tonic for Trace Detection.

While these Ingredients are still boosted under the “play at home” changes, not all players can find Ingredients at home, and many players are still under lockdown.

You can ask your friends to send you Ingredient Gifts and Tonic for Trace Detection Gifts.

To maximize your Tonic benefits, consider unlocking a few helpful nodes in your SOS Training. Each of these will allow your Tonic to reveal additional Traces.

• Stir Crazy (I,7)
  • Concentrated Concoction (II,25)
  • Trained For This (III,38)

Brewing time is always extra-reduced now with Master Notes, so brew these whenever is convenient.

You will also want a few Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs. With boosted Severe-threat Foundables, this is a great opportunity to grind Wizarding XP!

These are the Ingredients you need to brew Baruffio’s Brain Elixir.

To maximize your Brain Elixir benefits, consider unlocking some helpful nodes in your SOS Training.

These SOS Training Lessons improve Brain Elixir potency, meaning you earn even more Wizarding XP.

• Start a Movement (I,6)
  • Sous Vide (I,10)
  • Clear Your Mind (II,17)

These SOS Training Lessons lengthen the Potion duration. Each of these adds 5 additional minutes.

• A Wing and a Flare (I,7)
  • Temp Work (II,19)
  • Bottoms Up (II,22)

You should also consider brewing some Dawdle Draught, especially if you’re under Level 40. Both Baby Cerberus and Baby Chinese Fireball are Severe-threat Foundables, so Dawdle Draughts will prevent them from fleeing!

These are the Ingredients you need for Dawdle Draught.

Finally, try to stock up on Exstimulo Potions. These will also be handy for the Emergency-threat Foundables.

This quick chart shows which Ingredients you need for the entire Exstimulo family.

Shared between all Exstimulo PotionsBitter Root
Re’em blood
Snowdrop
Additional Exstimulo Potion ingredientGranian Hair
Additional Strong Exstimulo Potion ingredientAbraxan Hair
Additional Potent Exstimulo Potion ingredientUnicorn Hair
Wizarding Challenges

If you need to earn Care of Magical Creatures Runestones to help with Community Day, start returning every Care of Magical Creatures Foundable you see. This will help you level up, and then you can collect Runestones.

If you are low on these Runestones, I advise against doing Wizarding Challenges with a Care of Magical Creatures Runestone in advance of Community Day. However, if Challenge Fragments are keeping you from prestiging Hagrid’s Hut or Forbidden Forest, you might choose to do Wizarding Challenges before Community Day to earn those Fragments.

Tips for Enjoying November’s Community Day

As long as you have Map activity at home (or wherever you’re spending the holiday weekend, American witches and wizards), you can complete these tasks from home. However, you still need to walk either 1km with 4 Silver Keys to complete the Portkey task, or 5km total. Luckily Adventure Sync is fixed, which helps.

Two overall reminders for Community Day. While these have both been true the entire time, I know some players still get confused.

1. Dark Detectors do not have boosted event Traces.
  2. To earn Fortress bonuses on the Knight Bus, Community Day must be active for the player who first enters the Chamber.
How to Prestige Pages

If you need Baby Phoenix, AND you have plenty of Care of Magical Creatures Runestones, do Wizarding Challenges in advance to work on Forbidden Forest II. You can also earn Hagrid’s Hut Fragments or Abraxan Winged Horse Fragments, in case you need either of those for Hagrid’s Hut. You also might earn Puffskein to work on Forbidden Forest.

Once Community Day begins, you have multiple possible strategies to follow, depending on which Fragments you need to earn to prestige your page(s).

At the beginning, if you still need all of the boosted Foundables, use your Trace Charm on any Care of Magical Creatures Traces with orangish-red flares. These will usually be Baby Cerberus or Baby Chinese Fireball.

If you only need specific Foundables, enter each Care of Magical Creatures Encounter to discover the Foundable. As appropriate, back out and use your Trace Charm.

If it’s safe to do so, place Dark Detectors on an Inn, or a cluster of Inns, to try to find the other Care of Magical Creatures Foundables from Hagrid’s Hut, Pumpkin Patch, and Forbidden Forest. This also might help with the other Foundables from Newt’s Case (Baby Niffler is boosted) and King’s Cross Station (Baby Mandrake is boosted). While Dark Detectors do not benefit from event boosts, they still provide a variety of rare Foundables.

When using Tonic for Trace Detection, focus on just the Care of Magical Creatures Traces (and any other Traces that meet your other game goals). This will help you return sufficient Foundables quickly to complete tasks.

Use a Tonic for Trace Detection while walking around. This will help you find Traces on the Map while also earning distance for your Portkeys.

Do Wizarding Challenges with a Care of Magical Creatures Runestone to earn Baby Phoenix Fragments. You need to earn 8 for the task, but if you’re like me, you need many more to green star it on a gold frame.

Meanwhile, pick up 1920s Portkeys and walk them off. Ideally you can open up your phone periodically to check to see if you’ve unlocked any. Open them all, reap the rewards, and then start anew with more Portkeys.

Community Day Bundles

As always, the November Community Day includes a free store pack. You also have the option of buying premium store bundles.

Both the SOS Bundle and the Community Day Bundle have jumped up in value! Are they a good deal?

First up, the SOS Bundle! For 470 Gold, this bundle includes:

• 2 3 Tonics for Trace Detection
  • 5 10 Silver Keys
  • 50 75 Spell Energy

A single Tonic for Trace Detection in Diagon Alley costs 60 Gold. However, you can also buy 4 for 220 Gold, so the individual value is 55 Gold. The value of 3 Tonics is thus 165 Gold. 75 Spell Energy costs 150 Gold. You can buy 10 Silver Keys for 720 Gold.

Thus, the value of the SOS Bundle is 1035 Gold if you want discounted Spell Energy, or 885 Gold if you don’t value Spell Energy. If you only need Silver Keys, the value is still 720 Gold and definitely worth it!

Next up, the Community Day Bundle! For 420 Gold, this bundle includes:

• 4 5 Strong Exstimulo Potions
  • 4 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
  • 20 25 Spell Energy
  • 5 6 Care of Magical Creatures Level 4 Runestones

A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.

Thus 5 Potent Potions are worth 355 Gold.

Using the cost breakdown from Andolov, we can assume that 5 Level 4 Runestones are worth 50 Gold.

Normally I don’t recommend spending Gold on Strong Exstimulo Potions. However, these might be worth it to you if you need to replenish after the Lethal Adversaries, AND Ingredients are scarce where you live.

In that case, it’s 3 Gold each per Snowdrop, Bitterroot, and Re’em Blood, plus 12 Gold for Abraxan Hair, so 36 Gold per Strong Exstimulo Potion.

Thus 5 Strong Potions might be worth 180 Gold to you.

25 Spell Energy is worth 50 Gold.

If you value everything in the bundle, the overall value is 635 Gold, definitely better than the price tag. However, if you only need Potions, the bundle is worth 535 Gold. Still a decent savings, but not amazing. Personally, I’m just spending Gold on Snowdrop because I can still find my other Ingredients for Exstimulo Potions.

Final Thoughts on Community Weekend

If you’re in an area where you can walk safely, set aside some time to go outside and walk while playing Wizards Unite. This is a great way to walk off Portkeys and collect new Ingredients. Plant Snowdrop in a Greenhouse if you need it.

Plus Americans can enjoy a post-feast leisurely stroll!

I hope this Wizards Unite Community Day guide has been helpful! Let me know which Foundables you would like to see boosted in a future event, before Wizards Unite ends.

Do you have any tips for fellow witches and wizards to enjoy Community Day at home? Will you try to prestige one page or two? Share them in the comments or through our social media platforms!

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit. Also I will no longer have a steady freelance job starting February 1, 2022. 1f641.png

The post Another Baby Beasts Community Day in Wizards Unite appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.