Barty Crouch Jr. Lethal Adversaries Event

B

Brita

The inaugural Lethal Adversaries Event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will be November 5-8, 2021, featuring Barty Crouch Jr.

Adversaries resembling notorious Death Eater Barty Crouch Jr. herald a new class of even more powerful and deadly Adversaries. Why are The Unforgivable unleashing some of the wizarding worlds most dangerous wizards and witches upon the world, and how can they be stopped?

In this Lethal Adversaries guide, discover all of the event features, tasks, rewards, and strategic tips.

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Event Name Barty Crouch Jr. Lethal Adversaries Event
Date + Time
Features
  • Starts on November 5, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • Ends on November 8, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • A special assignment with rewards
  • Premiere of Lethal Adversary Barty Crouch Jr.
  • The following Foundable will be boosted on the Map and when using Tonic for Trace Detection:
    • -Mad-Eye Moodys Eye
  • Master Notes will reduce brewing time by 25% for all Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potion
  • Guaranteed Exploration Foundable Fragments from Forest Chamber IV
  • Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge XP from doing Wizarding Challenges, plus Spell Energy rewards
  • Free store pack
[TR]
[TD]Rewards[/TD]

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • Spell Energy
  • Gold
  • And more!!!
[/TR]
Adversaries Event Tasks and Rewards

The debut Lethal Adversaries Event differs slightly from past Adversaries Events. Players have 2 regular sets of tasks to complete, plus a Bonus Assignment.

Rewards for all Wizards Unite events will be generous between now and the games end on January 31, 2022.

If you are seeing plenty of Adversaries on the Map, wait until youve completed all other tasks before you use the Edible Dark Mark. Then it will apply to the 2nd quest.

Quest StepReward
Use 1 Edible Dark Mark20 Gold
Cast 3 Maxima Attacks2 Wit-Sharpening Potions
Use 6 Potions in Adversary Encounters1 Silver Key
Return 8 Fragments from Barty Crouch Jr. Chains1 Potent Exstimulo Potion

Overall rewards:

• 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 100 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy

After your Edible Dark Mark expires, use a Tonic for Trace Detection to find Mad-Eye Moodys Eye Traces.

Quest StepReward
Return 6 Mad-Eye Moodys Eye Foundables2 Strong Exstimulo Potions
Earn 1500 Challenge XP Through Wizarding Challenges and/or Adversary Chains40 Gold
Deal 8500 Damage Using Maxima Attacks3 Healing Potions
Defeat Barty Crouch Jr. 2 Times2 Potent Exstimulo Potions

Overall rewards:

• 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 125 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
Adversaries Event BONUS Tasks and Rewards

This Adversaries Event includes a Bonus Assignment! Since we do not know anything about Barty Crouch Jr.s health, or how often you can cast Maxima, we dont know how difficult these tasks will be.

Quest StepReward
Deal 20,000 Damage to Adversaries2 Spell Books
Cast 10 Maxima Attacks2 Spell Books
Return 1 Barty Crouch Jr.s Wand Fragment2 Spell Books
Return 1 Flask of Polyjuice Potion Fragment2 Spell Books

Overall rewards:

• 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 1000 Wizarding XP
  • 150 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
How to Prepare for the Lethal Adversaries Event

This is the first Lethal Adversaries Event, so were going in a little blind. However, I can still offer some general advice.

At this point, if you havent completed an entire Profession Lesson Plan, I would plan on backing out before Barty Crouch Jr. arrives. Even the Guards will be difficult, but you can manage them with Potions.

For everyone else, work on your Advanced Adversarial Combat. Its possible the initial 10 nodes against Feared Adversaries will also apply for Lethal Adversaries. Plus, you have to unlock those nodes anyway to start working on the nodes for Lethal Adversaries.

Strengthen your Potions through SOS Training. Brew the following Potions:

• Exstimulo Potions
  • Wit-Sharpening Potions
  • Healing Potions
  • Tonics for Trace Detection (not as critical)

Also collect extra Ingredients for Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions. The brewing time will be reduced with Master Notes during the event.

Max out your Spell Energy. Right now, Spell Energy on the Map is extremely generous, so this should be easy to do.

This SOS Training chart indicates the different nodes and their locations to improve your Potions. Note the inclusion of nodes to improve Tonic for Trace Detection.

LocationNodeEffect
CE I,5Engarde!Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Brunch or Linner?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,22Was Mundungus Here?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,12Awesome BlossomExstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,8Twisting SpleensHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Name in the Paper!Healing Potion Potency Increase
CE II,15Muggle MedicinesHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,8Hand in HandStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,17St. MungosStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,28Ebb and NeapStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,20Ice Cream SocialStrong Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,12Volunteer WorkPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Light My FirePotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,38Tempermental CauldronsPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,42Wasted on the OldPotent Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE II,22Whetstone for the MindWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Recipe RecitationWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,40Ill Be the KnightWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Wit Beyond LeisureWit-Sharpening Potion Duration Increase
CE I,7Stir CrazyIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE II,25Concentrated ConcoctionIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE III,38Trained For ThisIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
Tips to Enjoy the Lethal Adversaries Event

Honestly, this section is difficult to fill out, for 2 reasons. 1) Wizards Unite is ending, so even a fun event is bittersweet. 2) This is our first Lethal Adversaries Event, so I dont know the math to break down specific advice.

If you have not progressed much with Advanced Adversarial Combat, you might want to focus on the Feared Adversaries. You can still enter Barty Crouch Jr. Encounters, but consider backing out after 1-3 Guards. Otherwise, you will need to use a lot of Potions.

If you dont need anymore Defense Against the Dark Arts Books, and youve already prestiged all of your Feared Adversaries, you can focus just on Barty Crouch Jr. The Dark Mark on the Map will look different between a Feared Adversary and a Lethal Adversary.

Of course, if you still need specific Feared Adversaries to prestige, you can enter an Adversary Encounter to see who it is. If you still dont need additional DADA Books, you can back out of any Adversary youve already green-starred on a gold frame.

Finally, while we dont know the exact difficulty of Barty Crouch Jr. yet, we do know he will be a greater challenge than Narcissa Malfoy. Stack a Potent Exstimulo Potion with a Wit-Sharpening Potion immediately. Restock as necessary. Keep an eye on your health bar (this is easier with the new update since low health is indicated with red around your screen), and drink Healing Potions with abundant caution.

Adversaries Event Bundles

Like all Wizards Unite events, this Adversaries Event will feature store bundles. The free store pack includes an Edible Dark Mark! Both paid bundles are repeats from past events.

Free store pack includes:

• 1 Dark Detector
  • 1 Edible Dark Mark
  • 2 Healing Potions
  • 1 Exstimulo Potion
  • 30 Spell Energy

The Arresto Adversary Bundle (800 Gold) includes:

• 3 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy

Is this bundle a good deal?

You can buy 5 Edible Dark Marks for 1200 Gold, making the individual value 240 Gold. Thus the value of 3 Edible Dark Marks is 720 Gold. Unless, you need discounted Spell Energy, this bundle is not good value for EDMs.

The Adversary Vanquisher Trunk (2020 Gold) includes:

• 3 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy
  • 8 Potent Exstimulo Potions
  • 8 Wit-Sharpening Potions
  • 8 Strong Exstimulo Potions

3 Edible Dark Marks are worth 720 Gold.

A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, its a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So lets put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.

Thus 8 Potent Potions are worth 568 Gold.

Normally we dont recommend spending Gold on Strong Exstimulo Potions because their Ingredients are common. However, with frequent Wizards Unite events, players are going through their Potions quickly.

Looking at just Ingredients, its 3 Gold each per Snowdrop, Bitterroot, and Reem Blood, plus 12 Gold for Abraxan Hair, so 36 Gold per Strong Exstimulo Potion.

Thus 8 Strong Potions are worth 288 Gold.

I really dont recommend spending Gold on Wit-Sharpening Potions because Ingredients will be boosted during the event, AND you can get these Potions through Gifts.

Before Spell Energy, the bundle is really not worth the price asked. I only recommend this bundle for rural players who dont have access to Ingredients or Spell Energy. And now, with Unicorn Hair available on the Map, and boosted Spell Energy, the bundle really isnt a good deal.

Final Thoughts

What do you think of this event? Are you excited to fight Barty Crouch Jr.? Join the conversation on Discord or social media!

If youd like to support the work of Wizards Unite Hub, join our Patreon or shop our merch store.

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit.

The post Barty Crouch Jr. Lethal Adversaries Event appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.

Sep 22, 2020
This game really sucks. I have been working on the BarTy Crouch Jr adversary. I have played it at least 5 times and every time except one the game has thrown me out even though I have not run out of life.