Best way to get Brilliant runestone fragments?

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor, HornedSerpent
Has anyone found a good way to get the runestone for fragments? I always seem to get really unlucky I guess. I've got 18 ranks and I only have 6 Potter runestones left and I've only managed to get 1 fragment. I'm worried the second part of the event in two weeks is going to be difficult if I've already gained most of my ranks already. I've been mostly running Ruins IV, V, and Tower 1 challenges with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breixo

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
Has anyone found a good way to get the runestone fr to fragments? I always seem to get really unlucky I guess. I've got 18 ranks and I only have 6 Potter runestones left and I've only managed to get 1 fragment. I'm worried the second part of the event in two weeks is going to be difficult if I've already gained most of my ranks already. I've been mostly running Ruins IV, V, and Tower 1 challenges with it.
Don't really know, I'll ask :)

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Has anyone found a good way to get the runestone fr to fragments? I always seem to get really unlucky I guess. I've got 18 ranks and I only have 6 Potter runestones left and I've only managed to get 1 fragment. I'm worried the second part of the event in two weeks is going to be difficult if I've already gained most of my ranks already. I've been mostly running Ruins IV, V, and Tower 1 challenges with it.
This time they are really hard to find. On the first event I got all three fragments in four fortress incursions. This time it took me 12 attempts to get all three. I switched around chambers 1 through 5 and just sat down and played until I had to refill my energy. I think it takes (a lot more) patience, everyone is having trouble as far as I know. If I hear anything specific I'll add it here though. Good luck!!!

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
@Samantuchy I guess that's good but unfortunate that I'm not the only one in the struggle boat. I'll just try my last 6 and hope for the best.

Thanks, @Brexio.

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
It's unfortunate that we got that xp nerf, especially to the family xp but it makes it more aligned with how the first event was. I doubt I will get more than a rank or two more now that they are only worth 2 or 3 family xp and freeing Harry seems to he an energy sink for be most of the time. Thanks for the advice @MattO

Jul 19, 2019
I've found a couple fragments from the 7KM 'Brilliant' Portkeys... JS

Drop rates on Brilliant fragments are definitely lower than the last event.

WhoSoSirius

Auror
Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
I have everything except the sweater on the bed. Anyone locate any fragments of that? I got the uni and socks from the special tasks, all 3 trunk fragments from portkeys.

Jul 9, 2019
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
I have everything except the sweater on the bed. Anyone locate any fragments of that? I got the uni and socks from the special tasks, all 3 trunk fragments from portkeys.
You can get the sweater by participating in wizard challenges using the brilliant potter calamity runestones. :)

Reactions: MattO