Celebrate 2 Years of Wizards Unite with Anniversary Event

B

Brita

It’s been almost 2 years since Harry Potter: Wizards Unite first launched! I was fortunate enough to attend the Wizards Unite launch event in LA, which was honestly one of the best days of my life.

Here we are, 2 years later, still playing this magical game. To celebrate, players will have a special anniversary event!

Keep an eye out for dialogue from Harry and Hermione about the last 2 years.

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Wizards Unite Anniversary Event Overview

Discover all event tasks, rewards, and more in my video. Or keep reading. Note that days/times are in LOCAL time.

Date + Time
  • Starts on June 19, 2021 at 12:01am local time
  • Ends on June 20, 2021 at 11:59 pm local time
Effects
  • Event tasks and rewards
  • Guaranteed Exploration Foundable Fragment after winning a Wizarding Challenge in Forest IV and higher.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge XP, and Spell Energy rewards while doing Wizarding Challenges.
  • Increased Traces of Albus Dumbledore on the Map and when using Tonic for Trace Detection
  • Free store pack with 25 Spell Energy and the Ingredients to brew 1 Tonic for Trace Detection

Wizards Unite Anniversary Event
Wizards Unite Anniversary Event Tasks

So… this event is NOT playable from home. Which is weird because the marketing text claims it’s adapted to play from home. Well, I don’t live near a Greenhouse, so I can’t do this from home.

Please prioritize your health and safety above a game. Follow all local laws and guidelines. You are not missing out on amazing rewards if you can’t complete this event.

Also… this event just isn’t that exciting. The O.W.L.s event was better.

TaskReward
Unlock 4 Portkeys2 Healing Potions
Visit a Greenhouse 3 Times1 Silver Key
Use Master Notes 7 Times6 Snowdrop
Earn 1500 Challenge XP through Wizarding Challenges and/or Adversary Chains4 Unicorn Hair
Defeat 10 Formidable Foes in Wizarding Challenges2 Strong Exstimulo Potions
Return 18 Ministry of Magic Foundables1 Potent Exstimulo Potion
Return 8 Albus Dumbledore Foundables1 Spell Book

Completion Rewards:

• 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 3 Spell Books
  • 60 Gold
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 30 Spell Energy
  • 1 Title: Biennial Participant
How to Enjoy the Anniversary Event

Like most Wizards Unite events, how you approach this event depends on your own goals. Do you want to earn guaranteed Exploration Fragments by doing Wizarding Challenges? Do you want to rank up Legends of Hogwarts and open Treasure Trunks? How necessary are the tasks and rewards?

Let your goals guide your play during the Anniversary event.

Finish Tasks

The big challenges here are 3 tasks:

• Unlock 4 Portkeys
  • Visit a Greenhouse 3 Times
  • Return 18 Ministry of Magic Foundables

Unlocking Portkeys just depends on how much you can walk over the weekend, and your willingness to use Silver Keys.

You cannot pre-walk the Portkeys to open during the event (unless you just get really close to the required kilometers, without hitting it before the event is live).

You can visit the same Greenhouse 3 times. Just wait the 5-minute cooldown. If you can, do this from a car, or in an open-air, outdoor location, to minimize your risk.

Returning 18 Ministry of Magic Foundables is difficult because none of them are boosted, AND Landmarks are still turned off.

Use lots of Tonic for Trace Detection. Walk around a lot. Stack Dark Detectors. These are the best ways to find more Traces. Hopefully you will then find the ones you need for the tasks.

Open Treasure Trunks AND Grind Wizarding XP

Albus Dumbledore is an Emergency-threat Foundable. Each time you return him, you earn a decent amount of Wizarding XP. Each time you place her, you earn a lot of Legends of Hogwarts Family XP.

Save your Trace Charms for Albus Dumbledore. You will earn extra Fragments, extra Family XP, and extra Wizarding XP. This will help you level up in the game, plus rank up in the Legends of Hogwarts Registry.

By ranking up, you open more Treasure Trunks. Depending on what you’ve unlocked in your SOS Training, these Treasure Trunks can contain all sorts of bonus surprises, including Gold Gifts.

Anniversary Event Bundles

Don’t forget to claim your free store pack!

In addition, you have the opportunity to buy a premium store back. Are they a good deal? Let’s break down their value.

For 425 Gold, you get:

• 3 Tonics for Trace Detection
  • 5 Exstimulo Potions
  • 125 Spell Energy

A single Tonic for Trace Detection in Diagon Alley costs 60 Gold. However, you can also buy 4 for 220 Gold, so the individual value is 55 Gold. Thus 3 are worth 165 Gold.

I don’t recommend buying regular Exstimulo Potions.

125 Spell Energy is worth 250 Gold. Even if you need Spell Energy, this bundle is only worth 415 Gold.

For 900 Gold, you get:

• 5 Tonics for Trace Detection
  • 5 Strong Exstimulo Potions
  • 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
  • 125 Spell Energy

5 Tonics are worth 275 Gold.

A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, it’s a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So let’s put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.

5 Potent Potions are worth 355 Gold.

I usually don’t recommend buying Strong Exstimulo Potions, but if you’re depleted after the Adversaries Event, you might find value here. It’s 3 Gold each per Snowdrop, Bitterroot, and Re’em Blood, plus 12 Gold for Abraxan Hair, so 36 Gold per Strong Exstimulo Potion. Thus 5 Strong Potions are worth 180 Gold.

If you need all of these Potions, the bundle before Spell Energy is worth 810 Gold, not quite the price tag. If you need Spell Energy, the bundle is worth 1060 Gold.

Final Thoughts on the Wizards Unite Anniversary Event

If you’re in an area where you can walk safely, that’s the best way to visit Greenhouses and find necessary Traces.

Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? I’ve put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon!

I hope this Wizards Unite event guide has been helpful! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future guides.

Do you have any tips for fellow witches and wizards to enjoy the Anniversary event? What do you think of the requirement to visit Greenhouses? Are you concerned about finding Ministry of Magic Foundables? Do you think this overall event is a bit lackluster for the milestone? Share your thoughts in the comments or through our social media platforms!

Stay updated on the latest Wizards Unite news by following on Twitter or Facebook. Discuss strategy and share opinions on Discord.

Support the mostly volunteer-run website and community by buying merch or joining the WizHub Patreon! We receive many reader requests for website updates, but there is only so much a small team can do in our free time. Financial assistance helps us build our writing team.

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit.

The post Celebrate 2 Years of Wizards Unite with Anniversary Event appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.