Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
In the last few weeks, I’ve had the unusual opportunity to connect with Harry Potter fans while being out and about. Pro tip: Carrying a Hedwig backpack is a great conversation starter!

In these conversations, I came across three types of Harry Potter fans:

• There’s fans who have downloaded Wizards Unite, but they haven’t played yet
  • Fans who didn’t realize Wizards Unite was now available
  • And fans who didn’t realize Wizards Unite even existed

I did meet one woman who had played a little of Wizards Unite, but she confessed that she was still confused by the game. Everyone else fit into the three categories above.

This guide is for all of these Harry Potter fans!

Harry Potter: Wizards Unite has its first Community Day this Saturday. It’s a great time for both experienced players and beginners to get together to play.

Wizards Unite Community Day Details

If you’re a long-time reader of Accio Wizards Unite, then you’re probably an experienced Wizards Unite player. Share this guide with your friends and family! Encourage them to join you this Saturday! The wizarding community is for everyone, not just a few elite players.

When is Community Day?

The Asia-Pacific region: July 20, from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. AEST (UTC +10)

Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: July 20, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC

The Americas and Greenland: July 20, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PDT (UTC -7)

Where is Community Day?

Anywhere in the world where Wizards Unite is available to play! However, if you’re looking for a great place to play Wizards Unite on Community Day, check out local parks or any Simon Malls. Simon Malls are sponsored locations, so you get better rewards.

What are the Community Day Benefits?

• Get a FREE Store Pack 50 Spell Energy and 1 Barrufio’s Brain Elixir!
  • See an increase of Traces on the Map.
  • Enjoy a higher chance of seeing Hogwarts School Traces.
  • Dark Detectors will last twice as long when placed in Inns.
  • Gain triple XP when using a Barrufio’s Brain Elixir!
Wizards Unite Community Day for Beginners

The first-ever Wizards Unite Community Day is the best time to start playing! To be honest, if you haven’t started playing yet, I would only do prep work this week. Then jump in completely on Saturday!

What to Do Before Community Day

As a beginner, you should do all of these things before Community Day starts.

1) Download all the game assets while connected to wifi.

This will help you save on data while playing the game. See my video below!

2) Start collecting ingredients.

Go ahead and pick up all Ingredients on the Map. Visit Greenhouses. However, you’ll quickly run out of Vault space. That’s okay! Delete these Ingredients:

• Ginger Root
  • Newt Spleen
  • Ground Scarab Beetles
  • Armadillo Bile

These Ingredients are only used in Wit-Sharpening Potion, which you can’t brew until you reach Level 15.

To manage the rest of your Ingredients, check out Gitta’s video! She put together a handy chart on rare Ingredients as well as Ingredients used in multiple potions.

3) Start brewing potions.

You will primarily need these 3 potions:

• Exstimulo Potion
  • Strong Exstimulo Potion
  • Potent Exstimulo Potion

Focus on brewing these potions before Community Day. You’ll want a solid stock of them all to help you with your Traces. To brew them faster, use Master Notes.

4) Buy a battery pack.

If you don’t already have an external battery pack, consider buying one. You can find these in some stores (I just bought a pink unicorn one at Lidl!). You can also check out my guide to the top-rated power banks on Amazon. Playing a geo-location game for 3 hours straight can drain your battery quickly, especially if you’re using an older smart phone.

5) Connect with your local community.

If you haven’t already, join a local Wizards Unite Discord server or Facebook group. This will help you coordinate with other witches and wizards participating in Community Day. If you can’t find a Wizards Unite community, try posting in a local Pokémon GO community.

Here’s a link to Accio Wizards Unite Discord and Forum

What should you NOT do before Community Day?

Complete Traces (the colorful medallions) in the game.

Why? Because the first time you complete a Trace (magic in the wild), overcome the Confoundable (magic from the Calamity), and return the Foundable (magic in the wrong time/place) to where it belongs, you receive extra XP.

If you wait until Saturday to do all that, while using a Brain Elixir, you get triple XP. That’s a quick way to level up and start catching up to other players!

What to Do on Community Day

Have fun and STAY SAFE while playing Wizards Unite during Community Day.

1) Find somewhere with a lot of Inns, Greenhouses, and Fortresses.

Inns are the most important because you need to replenish your energy. Playing Wizards Unite for 3 hours straight will use up lots of energy, but you can balance that out by playing around Inns.

Plant 1-hour seeds at Greenhouses so you’ll be around to collect the Ingredients. Note: The Ingredients will spawn around the Greenhouse when the hour is up, and you might need to walk around a bit to find them all.

2) Prepare for the weather.

I will be playing in hot and humid weather. Afternoon temperatures are usually in the 90s in the southern United States, with 90% or higher humidity.

Check the weather forecast. Prepare accordingly. Pack water. Wear sunscreen. Wear a hat. Play in the shade if at all possible.

If it’s raining, there’s no shame in playing in a PARKED car. Do NOT drive and play at the same time.

If you’re lucky, you also might find a cafe or coffee shop within range of a few Inns. Order a cold drink and play from inside. Be sure to tip well, especially if you spend all 3 hours there.

3) Use Brain Elixir the whole time.

Use lots of Brain Elixir if you have enough. You’ll need a total of 6 potions to keep a Brain Elixir going for all of Community Day. This will be a great way to level up quickly!

4) Place Dark Detectors on Inns.

Dark Detectors will last an hour, instead of the usual 30 minutes. These attract additional Traces to the area. They’re supposed to attract more rare Traces, but in my experience, that’s not always the case. Regardless, as a new player, you’ll gain XP from encountering all new Traces, rare or otherwise. Increased volume is good, even if they’re not rare.

Wizards Unite Community Day for Experienced Players

Most of the tips above will work for you too! Brew lots of potions. Find somewhere to play with other witches and wizards. Use Brain Elixir and Dark Detectors.

However, I have a few more advanced tips.

What to Do Before Community Day

Almost everything to do before Community Day is the same for players at all levels. However, as an advanced player, you can do more to prepare.

1) Start brewing potions

You’ll need 5 Brain Elixir potions in advance of Community Day. You’ll receive 1 potion free, but you’ll want to use 6 total to maximize the extra XP.

If you want to do high-level Fortress Challenges with other players, brew Invigoration Draughts and Strong Invigoration Draughts.

2) Organize a group

Are you a leader in your community? Organize a group of Wizards Unite players for Community Day! Reach out to any Harry Potter fans you know and invite them to join you. Send them this guide to help them prepare!

What to Do on Community Day

Again, most of what you’ll do on Community Day is the same, regardless of your level in Wizards Unite. However, you can do a few more advanced things.

1) Group up for Fortress Challenges

The latest update lowered rewards for low-level Fortresses, but it increased rewards for high-level Fortresses. These can be difficult as a solo player, but Community Day is an opportunity to play with other witches and wizards.

2) Focus on the Brilliant Event

Community Day is the perfect time to complete your tasks in Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event! Walk those Portmanteaus. Use Brilliant Runestones in Fortress Challenges. Maximize your XP by prioritizing Brilliant Traces.

3) Be patient with newbies

What’s the first word in Community Day?

COMMUNITY.

It’s not “Grind XP Alone Day.”

This is an opportunity to train up new witches and wizards. Show them how to do Fortress Challenges. Help them use Master Notes with potions. Share tips for casting Great or Masterful spells.

Use your experience to welcome new players in your local community. Then they’ll be ready to grind like experts at the next Community Day!

Final Community Day Thoughts

Overall, there is not a right way or wrong way to enjoy Community Day. That is, as long as you’re not breaking any laws or any TOS!

Stay safe and have FUN!
Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
We respect your privacy.

The post Community Day for Wizards Unite Beginners appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.

Reactions: UnluckyHydra

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
Great post!

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor, HornedSerpent
Very detailed post. Thanks for taking the time to help the community! If I manage to find others playing this game I'll be sure to mention this if they need advice.

Reactions: oizar