Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Dark Arts month has officially kicked off. The 8th of October marked the beginning of the Fighting Forces event and brought quite a few surprises to our Wizards Unite map. Let’s take a look and figure out how to catch as many of those foes as possible!

-46-618_com.nianticlabs.hpwu_.prod_-e1570669356705.png

The New Oddities

Just before the event started we noticed a brand new page in our Oddities Registry Family.

As you can see, there are currently three new Oddities, the Death Eater, the Azkaban Escapee and the Three Headed Dog. We still don’t know when they will normally spawn, but until the end of the month we can expect to find them at any time. If we’re lucky, of course. I’ve yet to find that cute little pup, as you can see in the caption.

-42-765_com.nianticlabs.hpwu_.prod_-e1570666631581.png

While all three new Oddities vary in Threat Level (difficulty) they do very little damage. Even a new player should be able to defeat them without much trouble, so that’s great news.

That is, in fact, one aspect of the Event I’m enjoying very much. Dealing with Oddities means we are sure to defeat them with a limited amount of Spell Energy used. Unlike previous events where it would take over ten spell casts to get a Brilliant Foundable – if they didn’t depart before them. So these Brilliant Foundables we see in the wild are much more energy-efficient!

The Oddities to come

We just got official word that there are still at least two more Oddities to come. A Dark Ministry Official and a Dark Witch. We’ve seen the dark witch previously, in some of the images released before the game launch, but it seems she will finally be part of the game!

11A59FC-478C-43BB-BDA4-4300D386F5F4-e1570667000725.jpg

Now, we don’t know when these new Oddities will appear. My guess is either on Community Day or when Fighting Forces II begins (October 22nd) but there is no official date yet. It seems unlikely that these two will become part of the previously added Oddity Registry Page, though. And there are no pages with only two Foundables in them. So this could mean we could have more Oddities coming our way. A Dementor Oddity perhaps? Or even better, the Basilisk from the banner? It looks like that one will show up during the Halloweek Quest…

3163438-D15B-4191-99D5-00DFEA320B97-e1570667690689.jpg

We’ll surely find out soon!

Oddities out and about

During any other month, Oddities would stick to their scheduled times to be out and about.

4CB6CE8-048D-4B11-8E96-F2C224605537-e1565829651553.jpg

Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019

This, however, is a very special month. And the Oddities took notice.

We have Doxies popping out at night, Vampires venturing into the sun, and werewolves roaming the streets a week away from the full moon. And that’s just the rare ones. Pixies, Leprechauns, Centaurs, Erkling and even Horned Serpents are joining the party. No time constraints on these guys!

The likelyhood of finding these Oddities will vary from place to place. I live in an area where Oddities spawn very frequently, so I’m seeing a lot of them at the moment. But for areas where they are rare on a regular basis a Tonic for Trace Detection or some Dark Detectors might be just the thing.

Just keep one thing in mind: (Part II spoiler alert) you will need to use two Tonics for Trace Detection in the third task of Fighting Forces II, so as tempting as it might be I’d recommend keeping two in stock and getting enough ingredients to brew more before using the tonic. You’ll have the whole month to catch Oddities but only a week for Part II. So unless you have the gold to buy it or trust you’ll be able to brew more before the 22nd I’d make sure to keep two Tonics in the vault at all times!

Here be Dragons!

And this is probably the most exciting part of all: Dragons (normally region-locked) are appearing outside their regions! This is one of those rare opportunities to get all four Dragon Stickers and fill up those Registry Pages without having to get on a broom or steal a Portkey!

0-10-02-49-32-439_com.miui_.gallery-e1570668703312.jpg

I haven’t found a Dragon yet myself (haven’t seen one since the Day of the Dragon, in fact) but quite a few players have been lucky enough to find a few already. They seem to appear while using the Tonic for Trace Detection.

What have you found so far?

What has your experience been like? Finished the Brilliant Event yet? Which exciting Oddities have you come across? Let us know in the comments!

Make sure you’re ready to make the most of the event, add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!

We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!

If you have any more tips for new players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to make the most the event.

Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog to get the latest and greatest info and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).

You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizfeatU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!

dicord-150x150.png forum-accio-wizards-unite-harry-potter-150x150.png

The post Dark Arts Month: Oddities Galore! ⚡ appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.

Reactions: oizar

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
New oddities! Great!! :)

Bea828

Professor
Oct 11, 2019
I've seen the dog 3 times now. It's always when I'm using the trace tonic. Same with the other new oddities. I can find them only when I'm using the trace tonic. Other than that it's just pixies and ekrins like normal. Though I saw a doxie today at 5 pm today and my brain was broken till I came here and saw this post.

Jul 9, 2019
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
All right, just a few minutes ago I encountered a dragon on the map (no trace tonic used). It's a Chinese Fireball! Haha! Thought it was another three-headed dog or horned serpent but I was wrong! Glad to know that we can actually find dragons on the map after DOTD.

Reactions: oizar

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
All right, just a few minutes ago I encountered a dragon on the map (no trace tonic used). It's a Chinese Fireball! Haha! Thought it was another three-headed dog or horned serpent but I was wrong! Glad to know that we can actually find dragons on the map after DOTD.
Just find one every week or so, not so often 😅