Answered Device Incompatable but able to play for short periods

TheBloodlesss

Jun 28, 2019
I am able to play Wizards Unite for short periods, ranging from seconds to 5 minutes, then I get the error "Device Incompatable".

I've tried restarting the program, full reinstal. I have good internet connection.

I have the exact same issue with playing Pokemon Go, so I assume it's a common issue with the Niantic games. Pokemon Go worked perfectly for years but started having this issue maybe 6 months ago.

I am using a Samsung Note 9 through Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: Tiago

Hornuser

Jun 29, 2019
Yikes! Sounds like an e-mail to Niantic is the way to go. I wonder if your cpu is heating up a bit too much - you might try battery saver mode which will reduce the frame-rate.

Reactions: Wizdreamer

Wizdreamer

Auror
Feb 13, 2019
Melbourne
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor
Good idea, if I were you I'd send a mail to niantic.
It's Samsung, not any low cost Chinese smartphone! :cautious:

fraggerman

Jul 1, 2019
I have the same issue with my Xiaomi Redmi 4X. Pokemon Go works without problems but Wizards United runs for a random time before it ends with the "Device incompatible" error. Sometimes it is instant and sometimes I can play for a few minutes or even half an hour before this happens.

TheBloodlesss

Jun 28, 2019
Just to update, I ended up getting Verizon to replace the phone. Reinstalled everything on the new phone and now the game runs is working perfectly... Definitely looks like some strange software issue with the phone.

Reactions: Breixo
Mar 11, 2019
@Wizdreamer, I believe this is not specific to Chinese mobiles only. Those mobile which have less memory or CPU tend to behave like this, but this is really strange that in this case SG S9 is having such issue... :unsure:

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
So another Samsung Note 9 and now it works correctly... sometimes software it's difficult to explain.
Thanks for the update!