Essex
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Hi guys, anyone else had this problem?

Task 4/4 on the event to open 5 portkeys, well I've just opened 2 and the amount still shows 0. Very annoying, wont be able to complete the event if this wont work!

Reactions: Breixo

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
Hi guys, anyone else had this problem?

Task 4/4 on the event to open 5 portkeys, well I've just opened 2 and the amount still shows 0. Very annoying, wont be able to complete the event if this wont work!
Thanks for sharing @Minotaur
I'm still at 3/4, hope to get soon there.
Did you send a support ticket to report this bug directly to Wizards Unite?
(Suitcase > Settings)

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor, HornedSerpent
Were they (portmanteaus)started prior to the event starting? Any ones I saved for the event that were done but just needed opened never worked for me. You have to start fresh with a new one. If it is a fresh one, then hopefully this gets fixed before event is over.

Reactions: Breixo

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
You have to start fresh with a new one.
You're totally right. Maybe it's not a bug, they just wanted it to be this way.
Makes sense, the only valid ones are those started when the quest started, not before.

Jul 9, 2019
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
The ready to open portkeys will not count. :( I've experienced this on the previous event. The portkey task is meant to be unlocked not opened (there's a difference between these two terms on WU). Unlocking means you have to finish the required number of kilometers for the said portkey (in order to open it) so you have to accomplish it when the special task requires you to do so.

Jul 9, 2019
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
Congrats guys since you're all on 3rd and 4th stages of the event. I'm stuck on the 1st stage since I didn't go out of the house and just depending on the traces that will randomly appear near my area. :)

PS I just got a Goblet of Fire!!! *shocked*

Feb 28, 2019
The ready to open portkeys will not count. :( I've experienced this on the previous event. The portkey task is meant to be unlocked not opened (there's a difference between these two terms on WU). Unlocking means you have to finish the required number of kilometers for the said portkey (in order to open it) so you have to accomplish it when the special task requires you to do so.
Ah, I see... I did not think it before as you mentioned, so they wanted it the same way. Thank you for sharing your helpful input.