Guide to Dragonologists’ Delight in Wizards Unite

B

Brita

Dragons are BACK!

Witches and wizards can expect 6 full magical days of Dragons, Dragon Eggs, and more in the upcoming event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

This Wizards Unite event guide covers all tasks, rewards, tips, and HYPE!

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing early access to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite information for this article.

Dragonologists’ Delight Overview

First released at the Wizards Unite Fan Festival, Dragons are region-exclusive Oddities. To prestige the Oddities III and Oddities IV pages, players need to return 4 distinct Dragons, and they need to collect 4 distinct Dragon Eggs from Portkeys.

Outside of special events, players can only find a single Dragon in their region, and Dragon Eggs are only available through 10km (currently 5km) Portkeys.

For this reason, players LOVE Wizards Unite Dragon events! For a brief period of time, we can discover all 4 Dragons all over the world. Plus, we can collect 1km Portkeys that are color-coded on the Map, so we know exactly which Dragon Egg Fragment we’ll earn.

For all of the specific Dragonologists’ Delight details, keep reading! You can also watch my Wizards Unite video for a visual explanation.

Date + Time
Features
  • Starts on July 2, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • Ends on July 8, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. PT
  • A special assignment
  • A global challenge!
  • The following Foundables will be boosted on the Map and with Tonic for Trace Detection:
    • -Peruvian Vipertooth (Emergency)
    • -Chinese Fireball (Emergency)
    • -Welsh Green (Severe)
    • -Antipodean Opaleye (Severe)
  • Special Portmanteaus containing Peruvian Vipertooth Eggs, Chinese Fireball Eggs, Welsh Green Eggs and Antipodean Opaleye Eggs will be found on the Map
  • Guaranteed Exploration Fragments from Forest IV and higher
  • Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge XP from doing Wizarding Challenges, plus Spell Energy rewards
  • Free store pack
[TR]
[TD]Rewards[/TD]

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • Spell Energy
  • Gold
  • And more!!!
[/TR]
Dragonologists’ Delight Tasks and Rewards

Remember, you have 6 full days to complete these tasks. While the rewards aren’t amazing, they’re not really the point. Dragons and Dragon Eggs are so rare in the game. Enjoy the boosted Foundables and Portkeys while they’re available!

TaskReward
Pick up 15 Ingredients or Portmanteaus from the Map1 Silver Key
Defeat 12 Welsh Green Dragons6 Snowdrop
Defeat 12 Peruvian Vipertooth Dragons4 Unicorn Hair
Defeat 10 Chinese Fireball Dragons1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
Defeat 10 Antipodean Opaleye Dragons1 Potent Exstiulo Potion
Return 6 Dragon Egg Fragments to Oddities Page III1 DADA Book
Return 6 Dragon Egg Fragments to Oddities Page IV1 DADA Book

Completion rewards:

• 3 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 3 Spell Books
  • 1500 Wizarding XP
  • 60 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
Dragon Egg Portkey Portmanteaus

During this event, the players can collect color-coded 1km Portkeys. Each will contain a specific Dragon Egg Fragment.

dragonportkeys-1024x549.jpg

Red PortkeyChinese Fireball Egg
Opal PortkeyAntipodean Opaleye
Blue PortkeyPeruvian Vipertooth
Green PortkeyCommon Welsh Green
Global Challenge!

During this event, there will be an additional challenge for players. If players are able to collect over 5 million Dragon Eggs, they will unlock reduced brew times for Healing, Wit-Sharpening, and all Exstimulo Potions during July Community Day. If achieved, there will be a 25% base reduction or 50% total reduction with Master Notes.

Dragons

As already stated, Dragons are usually region-locked, with each region normally having access to a single type of Dragons. This is only the second global event giving players access to ALL Dragon Oddities.

This is a limited opportunity to prestige your Oddities III and Oddities IV pages.

How to Enjoy Dragonologists’ Delight

If you want to maximize the Dragons event, these tips will help.

First, bolster your Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs, your Tonics for Trace Detection, and your Trace Charm through SOS Training.

This first chart shows the relevant lessons for the Potions.

LocationNodeEffect
CE I,8BrainiacReduces brewing time for Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE I,9Nail MailReduces brewing time for Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE II,15Caps OffReduces brewing time for Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE I,7A Wing and a FlareAdds 5 minutes to Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE II,19Temp WorkAdds 5 minutes to Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE II,22Bottoms UpAdds 5 minutes to Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
CE I,6Start a MovementIncreases Baruffio’s Brain Elixir efficacy
CE I,10Sous VideIncreases Baruffio’s Brain Elixir efficacy
CE II,17Clear Your MindIncreases Baruffio’s Brain Elixir efficacy
CE I,7Stir CrazyIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE II,25Concentrated ConcoctionIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE III,38Trained For ThisIncreases Traces revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection

• This second chart shows the relevant lessons for the Trace Charm.
LocationNodeEffect
CE I,5Pario VestigiusIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE I,8Constructive CriticismAdds 1 Trace Charm charge capacity
CE I,8Knowledge is PowerIncreases Trace rarity
CE II,19InnsightIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE II,22SpanglarillionAdds 1 Trace Charm charge capacity
CE II,25Lost and FoundablesIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE II,25Piece of the PuzzleIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE II,28Art of HappinessIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE II,32Repository KnowledgeIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE III,35Fragmented MemoryIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE II,36Ottery St. CatchpoleIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE III,38Mind FreakIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE III,38Foretelling FoundablesIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE III,40Czech MateIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE III,46Cold CaseAdds 1 Trace Charm charge capacity
CE III,46Deep DiveIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE III,46A Little LoveIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE III,50Gethsemane’s PickleIncreases Trace Charm proficiency
CE III,50Serendipitous StudyIncreases Trace Charm efficacy
CE III,50Dangerous AttractionIncreases Trace Charm proficiency

• If you want to prestige your pages, grind Oddities Family XP, and/or grinding Wizarding XP, all of this advice will help!
  • Unlock all of your current Portkeys. Wait until Dragonologists’ Delight actually begins to open them. This will help you avoid accidentally picking up a Portkey you don’t need.
  • If you have in-game Gold to spend, buy Silver Keys! The 1km Dragon Egg Portkeys are a rare treat, so they’re worth the expenditure.
  • Brew Baruffio’s Brain Elixir before the event begins if you need it. Dragons give a lot of Wizarding XP, so take advantage of the bonuses. You might even level up!
  • Brew Tonics for Trace Detection before the event begins. Dragons will be boosted on the Map AND with Tonic, so using lots of pink drinks will help you find even MORE Dragons!
  • Take a look at your Registry. Which Dragon Eggs do you need to prestige your pages? Prioritize picking up those Portkeys.
  • Max out your Trace Charm charges. You will want to use your Trace Charm on Dragons to earn extra Family XP and extra Dragon Fragments.
  • If you have maxed out multiple Professions, play as Auror for those Critical Hits!
Dragonologists’ Delight Bundles

Like most Wizards Unite events, this event will have a free store pack plus premium bundles. The free store pack has the Ingredients for 1 Tonic for Trace Detection plus 25 Spell Energy.

The first bundle costs 650 Gold. This includes:

• 5 Tonic for Trace Detection
  • 5 Silver Keys
  • 50 Spell Energy

Is this a good deal?

A single Tonic for Trace Detection in Diagon Alley costs 60 Gold. However, you can also buy 4 for 220 Gold, so the individual value is 55 Gold.

Thus 5 Tonics are worth 275 Gold.

You can buy 10 Silver Keys for 720 Gold, making the individual value of each Silver Key 72 Gold. 5 Silver Keys are thus worth 360 Gold.

Before Spell Energy, this bundle is only worth 625 Gold, not quite the price tag. With Spell Energy, the bundle is worth 725 Gold. This is not a great deal.

The next bundle costs 1250 Gold. It includes:

• 10 Tonic for Trace Detection
  • 10 Silver Keys
  • 100 Spell Energy

This is just the first bundle, doubled.

10 Tonics are worth 550 Gold.

10 Silver Keys cost 720 Gold.

Before Spell Energy, this bundle is worth 1270 Gold, slightly more than the price tag. With Spell Energy, the bundle is worth 1470 Gold. If you really need Spell Energy and Tonics, you might want to buy this deal.

Final Thoughts on the Wizards Unite Dragons Event

This will be another fun event that can be as casual or as intense as you want. Feel free to grind to prestige your pages, rank up in Oddities, and earn Wizarding XP. You can also just enjoy any Dragons and Portkeys that come your way, without stressing.

Personally, I’m excited to get all of my Dragons placed on gold. I don’t think I’ll have time (or Gold) to get enough Portkeys to place all of my Dragon Eggs, but I’ll make good progress.

What do you think? Are you eager for this event? What are your goals?

Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? I’ve put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon!

I hope this Wizards Unite event guide has been helpful! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future event guides.

Do you have any tips for fellow witches and wizards to enjoy Dragonologists’ Delight? Share them in the comments or through our social media platforms!

If you’re interested in WizHub merch, use code LOVE25 to take 25% off your purchase.

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit.

The post Guide to Dragonologists’ Delight in Wizards Unite appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.