How old were you when you got into Harry Potter?

RichardSly

Auror
Feb 13, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
I've kinda been wondering how other people fell headfirst into the Potterverse. For me I was in my late teens and my younger brother got the first book and he doesn't read. Like not even traffic signs. So I gave it a try and was hooked before Hagrid even showed up. I'm all about the books though. I think the movies are a nice companion, kind of an extra, but as good as they are they don't hold a candle to the original source material.
What about you all?

Reactions: Samantuchy

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Oh, I started reading shortly before OoTP came out, I read the first four really fast, then had to wait a bit to get my hands on OoTP, which I read in one day, as I did HBP and DH. I was 16 back then, a little older than harry, though I think by the time the last book came out we were about caught up in book-age. But part of the beauty of the Harry Potter series is that it's great no matter how old you are.
Since then I might've been actively pushing everyone I know into reading the series. It's a public service, of course...

Mar 11, 2019
I still remember the hit movie of HP which left me curious to read the books. So, before watching the movie, I read out in-fact skimmed the books to get to know the actual theme behind it.

Feb 14, 2019
Aah, that is an old story now. One of my class fellows introduced me with Harry Potter :p and yeah, finally that turned me a super fan of Harry Potter! ;)

Phlock

Professor
Jul 11, 2019
Cicero, NY
Profession
Professor
Houses
Slytherin
I honestly dont know for sure, I was reading all of the Anne Rice series at the time. It may have been late teens.