Answered is wizards unite draining batteries??

Jun 5, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
Thansk for the tip!
I was playing Pok矇mon and have moved to Wizards Unite. I find the battery life much better with WU.
It will still drain you though as it is constantly downloading map info. A recent upgrade added the ability to download a lot of background data to further extend battery life

Valki

WUtuber
Professor
May 12, 2019
Profession
Professor
Houses
Slytherin
since they made the assets downloadable the phone doesnt have to download as much from the servers, so not only are you saving battery but also your mobile data.

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
**update** Ive asked @Valki who is playing Wiz U (and sharing some amazing videos! Go watch! Quick!) and he mentioned battery life is a lot better since the last update (same as with data usage). Now you can download a big chunk of the game at home on wifi so that saves a lot of data and uses less battery than downloading on the go.
Its great to know theyre working on improving things for players :D

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
From what I hear they've been working hard on data usage, but there haven't been any comments that I've found about battery draining especially fast, so I'm assuming at worst it will be about the same as with PoGO. I'll ask around, though, see if some of the beta players can give us a clue :D

MattO

Auror
Feb 26, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
**update** Ive asked @Valki who is playing Wiz U (and sharing some amazing videos! Go watch! Quick!) and he mentioned battery life is a lot better since the last update (same as with data usage). Now you can download a big chunk of the game at home on wifi so that saves a lot of data and uses less battery than downloading on the go.
Its great to know theyre working on improving things for players :D
Thansk for the tip!

Sobertu

Jun 12, 2019
I was playing Pok矇mon and have moved to Wizards Unite. I find the battery life much better with WU.
It will still drain you though as it is constantly downloading map info. A recent upgrade added the ability to download a lot of background data to further extend battery life
Nice to read that, thanks!