Essex
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Hi everyone,

Loving the game so far, just trying to find the right balance between playing this and POGO lol.

Does anyone know why some of the foundables have a glowing streak of light emitting from them and some dont and what the suggested grades mean in fortresses?

Also anyone experiencing a problem with titles and badges on wizarding profile not sticking and either reverting to basic or displaying none at all? Very irritating lol.

I'm also not liking the fact that battery saver closes down the app when phone is turned upside down while walking hence not recording steps.

I'm using a Galaxy S8.

Thanks for reading

Dan

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Hi everyone,

Loving the game so far, just trying to find the right balance between playing this and POGO lol.

Does anyone know why some of the foundables have a glowing streak of light emitting from them and some dont and what the suggested grades mean in fortresses?

Also anyone experiencing a problem with titles and badges on wizarding profile not sticking and either reverting to basic or displaying none at all? Very irritating lol.

I'm also not liking the fact that battery saver closes down the app when phone is turned upside down while walking hence not recording steps.

I'm using a Galaxy S8.

Thanks for reading

Dan
Hi @Minotaur!
Let's see if I can answer some of those questions :D
1. The glowing around the foundables is what was mentioned before, they seem to define the rarity of the Foundable so you should always go for those first and maybe spend a little extra energy or a potion if you can.

2. In fortresses the suggested grade relates to your profession level. It recommends not taking on that fortress level if you haven't advanced enough in your profession. You can see what level you are if you go to the suitcase and then profession. The top bar shows you how many lessons you have completed and what level you are currently at.

3. Wizarding badges and titles. YES!!! it's driving me crazy! Apparently it's a fairly common bug and it's already been reported. Hopefully they will fix it soon...

4. I literally just checked the upside down phone thing, I usually either keep it in a pocket or hold it with the pop socket thingy so I don't think I'd ever put it upside down. Here's what happened when I did. The screen went black with the Wizards Unite logo in the middle. When I turned the phone back around it went back to the map. No issues, no crashing. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Might be a specific bug for some phones? Don't remember hearing about it before.

Hope that helped! :D

Minotaur

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Essex
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Many questions together...
I can answer the first one, glowing streak means special/different foundable.
I also don't like the lack of active sync, it was already mentioned here: Answered - Walking in the game
That post relates to having the app open to track steps, however I'm referring to the battery saver option in the settings menu on android.

On POGO before adventure sync was released, simply walking with the phone upside down would darken the screen and seve battery and it would keep the app open until you turned your phone the right way up when you felt a vibration for encounter.

The same feature seems to have been included for unite, but however it works for approximately 3 minutes and then after that if you look at your phone will notice that it has locked requiring you to re open the app.

I believe it to be a bug which I have reported. Was just wondering if any other android users were encountering the same issue?

Thanks for replying by the way

Reactions: MattO

LadyVe

Auror
Jun 25, 2019
Scotland
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Ive noticed similar, my battery saver screen seems to be very glitchy/sensitive to movement and have experienced my screen locking on multiple occasions.
I am on iPhone but Ive also reported the problem!

Reactions: MattO and Minotaur

MattO

Auror
Feb 26, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Many questions together...
I can answer the first one, glowing streak means special/different foundable.
I also don't like the lack of active sync, it was already mentioned here: Answered - Walking in the game

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Essex
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Ive noticed similar, my battery saver screen seems to be very glitchy/sensitive to movement and have experienced my screen locking on multiple occasions.
I am on iPhone but Ive also reported the problem!
Pleased I'm not alone and that its actiss platform

MattO

Auror
Feb 26, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
That post relates to having the app open to track steps, however I'm referring to the battery saver option in the settings menu on android.

On POGO before adventure sync was released, simply walking with the phone upside down would darken the screen and seve battery and it would keep the app open until you turned your phone the right way up when you felt a vibration for encounter.

The same feature seems to have been included for unite, but however it works for approximately 3 minutes and then after that if you look at your phone will notice that it has locked requiring you to re open the app.

I believe it to be a bug which I have reported. Was just wondering if any other android users were encountering the same issue?

Thanks for replying by the way
ok ok, thanks! now I understad, didn't try battery save feature yet...

Hi @Minotaur!
Let's see if I can answer some of those questions :D
1. The glowing around the foundables is what was mentioned before, they seem to define the rarity of the Foundable so you should always go for those first and maybe spend a little extra energy or a potion if you can.

2. In fortresses the suggested grade relates to your profession level. It recommends not taking on that fortress level if you haven't advanced enough in your profession. You can see what level you are if you go to the suitcase and then profession. The top bar shows you how many lessons you have completed and what level you are currently at.

3. Wizarding badges and titles. YES!!! it's driving me crazy! Apparently it's a fairly common bug and it's already been reported. Hopefully they will fix it soon...

4. I literally just checked the upside down phone thing, I usually either keep it in a pocket or hold it with the pop socket thingy so I don't think I'd ever put it upside down. Here's what happened when I did. The screen went black with the Wizards Unite logo in the middle. When I turned the phone back around it went back to the map. No issues, no crashing. I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Might be a specific bug for some phones? Don't remember hearing about it before.

Hope that helped! :D
thanks for the answers @Samantuchy
about 4, @Minotaur says it works for around 3 minutes and then... guess that's just a bug they need to solve

Feb 14, 2019
Nice questions @Minotaur and well answered, specially by @Samantuchy. I also go for the glowing found-ables first and then try to have others. Battery saver is also not working perfectly for me, rather battery is draining so quickly for me.

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor, HornedSerpent
1.) Like others have said those flares or beams that show up above certain foundables denote the rarity of it. Yellow means a high difficulty, orange is a severe difficulty, and red is an emergency.
2.)@Samantuchy gave the perfect response for your second question.
3.) I turned off the battery saver option. It doesn't work as intended right now. It seems to speed up the game for me albeit to probably consume more battery but it feels better for me I guess. It's at least a known bug. Adventure sync was announced at Comic Con but who knows when it will get added exactly.