Lockhart and Basilisk Adversaries Event Ultimate Guide!

B

Brita

February 2021 will feature two Adversaries Events in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. This Adversaries guide will cover the first event, which will be February 5-8, 2021.

Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Other articles on Adversaries:

To learn more about the upcoming Adversaries Event, you can watch my video or keep reading.

February Adversaries Event 1 Overview

Event Name February Adversaries Event 1
Date + Time
Features
  • Starts on February 5, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
  • Ends on February 8, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
  • A special assignment with rewards
  • Boosted Adversaries on the Map
    • -Gilderoy Lockhart
    • -Slytherins Basilisk
  • Master Notes will reduce brewing time by 50% for all Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potion
  • Free store pack
[TR]
[TD]Rewards[/TD]

• Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • Spell Energy
  • Edible Dark Marks
  • Gold
  • And more!!!
[/TR]
Adversaries Event Tasks and Rewards

Tasks are slightly different this time, but still fairly similar to the past Adversaries Events.

Unfortunately, you cannot complete all of the event tasks entirely from home if you dont have any game activity at your house. I shared this feedback, but event tasks were not adjusted.

Quest StepReward
Defeat 35 Foes in Wizarding Challenges2 Strong Exstimulo Potions
Use Master Notes 8 Times1 Edible Dark Mark
Use 1 Edible Dark Mark2 Armadillo Bile
Earn 1500 Challenge XP through Wizarding Challenges and/or Adversary Chains6 Snowdrop
Use 7 Exstimulo Potions (any) in Adversaries Combat20 Spell Energy
Use 3 Wit-Sharpening Potions in Adversaries Combat4 Healing Potions
Deal 25,000 Damage to Adversaries1 DADA Book
Return 10 Artefact Fragments from Gilderoy Lockhart chain1 DADA Book
Return 10 Artefact Fragments from Slytherins Basilisk Chain1 DADA Book

Overall rewards:

• 5 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 1 Edible Dark Mark
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 60 Gold
  • 30 Spell Energy
How to Prepare for Februarys Adversaries Event

As Ive suggested before, prioritize building up a Profession Lesson Plan. Ideally, you will have a completed Lesson Plan already, but I realize new players need more time to collect resources. Grind Wizarding Challenges to collect more Spell Books.

After you finish a Profession Lesson Plan, start working on Advanced Adversarial Combat. The Precision nodes (on the right) increase your chances of getting a Critical Hit (inflicting more Damage). The Dodge nodes (on the left) increase your chances of dodging (taking no Damage).

Also work on your SOS Training, particularly with your Potions nodes. This chart indicates the different nodes and their locations to strengthen your Potions. Most of these nodes increase a Potions potency, but Ive bolded the ones that add an additional use or charge to your Potion.

LocationNodeEffect
CE I,5Engarde!Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Brunch or Linner?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,22Was Mundungus Here?Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,12Awesome BlossomExstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,8Twisting SpleensHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,9Name in the Paper!Healing Potion Potency Increase
CE II,15Muggle MedicinesHealing Potion Potency Increase
CE I,8Hand in HandStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,17St. MungosStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,28Ebb and NeapStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,20Ice Cream SocialStrong Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,12Volunteer WorkPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Light My FirePotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,38Tempermental CauldronsPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,42Wasted on the OldPotent Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE II,22Whetstone for the MindWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CD II,32Recipe RecitationWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,40Ill Be the KnightWit-Sharpening Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Wit Beyond LeisureWit-Sharpening Potion Duration Increase

Start brewing Healing Potions! Slytherins Basilisk deals 30-63 Damage each time, and you dont want to lose because Slytherins Basilisk hits you 4 times in a row. Remember that the Healing Potion must be used while you are playing offense. The Potions button briefly disappears when you are casting Protego. (The NDA team has critiqued this game design, but it remains unchanged for now).

Start collecting Ingredients for Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions. Youll want a good stockpile of these to take advantage of the reduced brewing time with Master Notes.

Brew a few Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions in advance. Youll want some on hand immediately when the event begins.

Open up your maximum Gifts each day, prioritizing Gifts that give you the aforementioned Potions and/or Ingredients.

Fill up on Spell Energy! Even when using Potions, you go through Spell Energy quickly to defeat Adversaries.

Fill up your Trace Charm charges if possible. Get in your daily steps, and avoid using your Trace Charm unless you are maxed out. As far as I know, theres still a glorious bug that reveals Adversaries when players put the Trace Charm on Traces with orange and red beams.

The Problem for Rural Players at Home

I explain all of this in more detail, with visual aids, in my video above.

If you live in a rural area, and you need to play from home, you can still get at least 6 Adversaries during the event through free Edible Dark Marks Assuming you can collect the free gift.

First use Master Notes on 8 Potions. Brew regular Exstimulo Potions if you want to complete this task quickly without spending any Gold. Then you will earn an Edible Dark Mark.

Use the two Edible Dark Marks. These will reveal a total of 6 Adversaries. They should be event Adversaries, but that didnt happen during last months event.

Be abundant with your Potions if these are the only Adversaries you will see. You dont want to lose the Encounter. At the very least, use the required 7 Exstimulo Potions and the 3 Wit-Sharpening Potions to complete those tasks.

Unfortunately, as explained in my video, its mathematically impossible to complete all 3 of the following tasks by defeating only the 6 guaranteed Adversaries.

• Deal 25,000 Damage to Adversaries
  • Return 10 Artefact Fragments from Gilderoy Lockhart Chain
  • Return 10 Artefact Fragments from Slytherins Basilisk Chain

To deal 25,000 Damage to Adversaries, you need to defeat 9 total Lockhart chains OR 6 total Basilisk chains. If you get 6 Basilisks from the Edible Dark Marks, you will complete this task.

To return 10 Artefact Fragments, you need to defeat 2 total Lockhart chains plus the Guards in a 3rd chain AND 2 total Basilisk chains plus the Guards in a 3rd chain. If you get 3 of each Adversary from the Edible Dark Marks, you will complete these tasks.

If you completely defeat 3 Lockhart chains and 3 Basilisk chains, you only deal 21,624 Damage.

This means you cannot complete all 3 of these tasks by playing at home, if Adversaries do not appear on the Map for you.

That said, if the Trace Charm bug still works, you can try that. Use a Tonic for Trace Detection. Wait for an orange or red beam. Use the Trace Charm, and cross you fingers for an Adversary.

Tips to Enjoy the Adversaries Event

This advice assumes you get Traces at your home, or youre able to visit an area with Wizards Unite activity on the Map. Please stay safe, no matter what you do.

To place all of the Images on the Adversary pages, you need fewer of the final Adversary than you do of the Artefacts. As noted in the screenshot below, you need 9 Lockhart Images to place, but up to 15 Images of certain Artefacts.

Screenshot_20210202-123716-512x1024.png

If you are low on Spell Energy and/or Potions, you can work to prestige your Registry pages while still conserving resources. Once you have placed Lockhart or the Basilisk, back out from future Adversary chains after you defeat the Guards. You will still receive Artefact Fragments by defeating the Guards.

However, this strategy does mean you earn less DADA Books. If you want to grind DADA Books AND conserve resources, follow this strategy only for the Basilisk, who is much more difficult to defeat than Lockhart. Earn your extra DADA Books by completing Lockhart chains.

If you really want to grind DADA Books, your best strategy involves going to an area with multiple POIs in the game. Plant Snowdrop or Wormwood at a Greenhouse. Walk from Inn to Inn if available, or sit by an Inn if you just have one. Replenish your Spell Energy between Adversary Encounters.

Also keep a close eye on your Potions so you can collect new ones immediately and use Master Notes on the next one.

Adversaries Event Bundles

Like all Wizards Unite events, this Adversaries Event will feature store bundles. The free store pack includes an Edible Dark Mark! These bundles are exactly the same as last month, but I will break down their values again.

RIES_EVENT_FEBRUARY_2021_-_GIFT__BUNDLES-1024x1024.jpg

The free store pack includes:

• 1 Edible Dark Mark
  • 2 Healing Potions
  • 1 Exstimulo Potion
  • 30 Spell Energy

The Arresto Adversary Bundle includes:

• 3 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy

Is this bundle a good deal?

You can buy 5 Edible Dark Marks for 1200 Gold, making the individual value 240 Gold. Thus the value of 3 Edible Dark Marks is 720 Gold. If you only want discounted Edible Dark Marks, this bundle is not a good value. If you want discounted Spell Energy, then the bundle is a decent deal.

The Adversary Vanquisher Trunk includes:

• 5 Edible Dark Marks
  • 125 Spell Energy
  • 10 Potent Exstimulo Potions
  • 5 Wit-Sharpening Potions
  • 5 Healing Potions

5 Edible Dark Marks cost 1200 Gold.

A single Potent Exstimulo Potion in Diagon Alley costs 75 Gold. However, if you have all of the common Ingredients, its a better deal to buy 1 Unicorn Hair for 30 Gold, use Master Notes in the Cauldron, and then collect the Potion immediately for 41 Gold. So lets put the value of Potent Exstimulo Potions at 71 Gold.

10 Potent Potions is worth 710 Gold.

Wit-Sharpening Potions and Healing Potions all have common Ingredients, so players shouldnt spend money on them.

The value of this bundle before Spell Energy is 1910 Gold. If you dont need Spell Energy, then this bundle is not a good deal.

Final Adversaries Event Notes

Keep in mind this is the first of 2 Adversaries Events in February. This event will be over the weekend, while the other event will be a weekday event.

Playing outside? Be sure to carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? Ive put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon!

I hope this Wizards Unite Adversaries Event guide has been helpful! Let me know if theres anything else youd like to see in future guides.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming Adversaries Event? What additional advice would you share? Share them in the comments or through our social media platforms!

The post Lockhart and Basilisk Adversaries Event Ultimate Guide! appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.