March Spotlight Event: Red Beams Everywhere!

B

Brita

What do Newt Scamander and Rubeus Hagrid have in common?

They’ll both be boosted this weekend!

The first March 2021 event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite will delight players of all levels. This casual Spotlight Event will feature a variety of Emergency-threat Foundables, with no tasks or rewards.

You can grind to your heart’s delight, play casually, or skip the weekend completely. It’s up to you!

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing this information early so Wizards Unite Hub could create this event guide.

This Spotlight Event is slightly different than past events. Boosted Foundables will appear on the Map AND when using a Tonic for Trace Detection.

March Spotlight Event Guide

Keep reading for all the March Spotlight Event details, or watch my video!

Psst, if you like my glasses, snag a pair of your own. Get $20 off your first order with Pair Eyewear!

Event Name March Spotlight Event
Date + Time
Features
  • Starts on March 5th, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
  • Ends on March 8th, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific
  • Boosted Foundables on the Map and from Tonic for Trace Detection
      • -Ministry Employee Newt Scamander
      • -Rubeus Hagrid, Tom Riddle
      • -Professor McGonagall
      • -Albus Dumbledore
      • -Newt Scamander
      • -Quidditch Captain Harry Potter
      • -Hermione’s Time-Turner
      • -Whomping Willow
      • -Horned Serpent
      • -Three-Headed Dog
  • Master Notes will reduce brew time for Dawdle Draught by 50%
  • Increased Butterscotch, Sopophorous Bean, and Valerian Root on the Map
How to Prepare for the March Spotlight Event

First, look at your Registry pages that feature the boosted Foundables. (I go through all of these in my video). Which pages are you close to prestiging?

Personally, I need just a few more Hogwarts House Cups to prestige Moving Staircases, which includes Professor McGonagall.

Start doing Wizarding Challenges using the relevant Runestone. For me, that means I’m doing Wizarding Challenges with Hogwarts School Runestones to try to collect the Hogwarts House Cup Fragments I need to prestige. This will make the boosted Professor McGonagall Foundables more valuable.

Potions Potions Potions!

You’ll also want to stockpile a few Potions before the Spotlight Event begins. Focus on the following:

• Strong Exstimulo Potion
  • Potent Exstimulo Potion
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
  • Tonic for Trace Detection

You’ll want several of each of these to maximize the event! Personally, I plan to save my Potent Exstimulo Potions for the next Adversaries Event. However, if you are a newer player, or you haven’t increased the efficacy of your Strong Exstimulo Potion, you might want to use a few Potent Exstimulo Potions over the weekend.

Remember that Dawdle Draught Ingredients will be boosted during the event, and Master Notes will reduce the brewing time. You can stockpile a few of these in advance if you want.

Improve your Potions by investing in SOS Training. The following nodes will help your Potions do more, so you get additional benefits with less resources.

LocationNodeEffect
CE I,8Hand in HandStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,17St. MungosStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,28Ebb and NeapStrong Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE I,20Ice Cream SocialStrong Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,12Volunteer WorkPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE II,32Light My FirePotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,38Tempermental CauldronsPotent Exstimulo Potion Potency Increase
CE III,42Wasted on the OldPotent Exstimulo Potion Duration Increase
CE I,7A Wing and a FlareBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Duration Increase
CE II,19Temp WorkBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Duration Increase
CE II,22Bottoms UpBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Duration Increase
CE I,6Start a MovementBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Efficacy Increase
CE I,10Sous VideBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Efficacy Increase
CE II,17Clear Your MindBaruffio’s Brain Elixir Efficacy Increase
CE I,7Stir CrazyIncreases Traces Revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE II,25Concentrated ConcoctionIncreases Traces Revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
CE III,38Trained For ThisIncreases Traces Revealed by Tonic for Trace Detection
How to Enjoy the March Spotlight Event

First, do you want to be strategic this weekend, or do you want to enjoy a casual event? There’s not a right or wrong answer!

If you’re playing casually, just check in whenever you’re able. Use your Trace Charm on any Emergency Traces that meet your needs.

However, if you want a strategy for the weekend, you have multiple options.

As already mentioned, you can focus on prestiging pages. As necessary, do Wizarding Challenges to earn the required Challenge Fragments. After you prestige a page, then use your Trace Charm on the Emergency Trace for that page.

If you haven’t placed all of the boosted Foundables yet, save your Trace Charm for those Emergency Traces! That way, you’ll get more of the Fragments you need.

Finally, if you want to earn bonus rewards from Treasure Trunks, then you’ll want to look at your Gold pages. Did you recently prestige Room of Requirement III after Community Day? Then Hermione’s Time-Turner will be particularly valuable! Every time you place it again on a Gold frame, you earn 600 Mysterious Artefacts Family XP (and 55 Ministry Manuals). That’s 6 Treasure Trunks, so 6 opportunities to earn Spell Books, Field Charm charges, Gold Gifts, and more, depending on what you’ve unlocked in SOS Training.

Once again, use your Trace Charm strategically to earn more Fragments for your Gold pages. This will help you grind for Ministry Manuals as well as earn rewards from Treasure Trunks.

Oh, and take advantage of the Dawdle Draught reduced brewing time plus increased Ingredients!

Final Notes

We are still taking responses for the Wizards Unite Hub reader survey. Please think about this website, not the game itself, when answering the questions. We are a FAN website and community!

What do you think about this Spotlight Event? Are you excited for a casual event, or do you want more tasks and rewards? Do you have any other strategic tips to add?

I’m always interested to hear your thoughts! Connect with me and the rest of the WizHub team here in the comments or on our social media platforms.

Stay updated on the latest Wizards Unite news by following on Twitter or Facebook. Discuss strategy and share opinions on Discord. Support the mostly volunteer-run website and community by buying merch or joining the WizHub Patreon!

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit.

The post March Spotlight Event: Red Beams Everywhere! appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.