Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
So I have a question today. It's for those of you who play Pok矇mon GO. I never played it, so my first introduction to AR and Niantic came through Wizards Unite (guess I started with the best one! )
When I first saw that the event would last for a week, I figured it would take quite a bit of time to complete. After reading the tasks I sort of assumed that the difficulty would come in finding the Traces and completing the Registry, since the other tasks seemed simple enough.
Imagine my surprise when I made it almost to the end of part 3 of 4 within a couple of hours. Then I saw many players had managed to finish the entire event in a single day.

So my question is this: Is finishing a week-long event in a day of grind normal? Or are they making this one easier to finish to get us (more) hooked? Do you PoGo players manage to finish events this fast?

Rickemosh

Professor
Jul 9, 2019
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts, Durmstrang
Houses
Slytherin
PoGo events usually last for a few hours, unless it's a Raid boss, which can last a weekend or something.

I suppose the Event is 7 days to allow players enough time to complete the task (PoGo doesn't really do Task based Events)

Apart from the Brewing potion task, I manage to complete the Event and Registry in a few hours, but for the more casual player, they would probably need more time to complete it

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
Thanks for the info @Rickemosh
My guess is that they'll create fast events without the need of potion brewing.
They'll probably make a mix of short-long events like at pokemon go.

Reactions: harryopta
Mar 11, 2019
Thank you for the details. I started with PoGo but definitely been addicted to Wizards Unite. Yes, there will be mix of events.