Outstanding! Memories of O.W.L.s Past Event

B

Brita

Witches and wizards, be honest. How well did you do on your Ordinary Wizarding Levels? Any embarrassing failing grades?

Time for a second chance! In this fun Harry Potter: Wizards Unite event, players have the opportunity to “take” O.W.L.s in all major Hogwarts classes. Will you get all Outstanding marks?

This study guide will help you prepare!

Note: Thank you Niantic and WB Games for providing Wizards Unite Hub with early information so we can create Wizards Unite guides.

Memories of O.W.L.s Past Event Overview

Discover all O.W.L.s event tasks, rewards, and more in my video. Or keep reading. Note that days/times are in LOCAL time.

Date + Time
  • Starts on May 29, 2021 at 12:01am local time
  • Ends on May 30, 2021 at 11:59 pm local time
Effects
  • Special Assignments list based on seven Hogwarts subjects.
  • Guaranteed Family Fragment after winning a Wizarding Challenge in Forest IV and higher.
  • Increased Wizarding XP, Challenge XP, and Spell Energy rewards while doing Wizarding Challenges.
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%.
  • Increased Hogwarts School Foundables, both on the Map and by using a Tonic for Trace Detection.
    • -all four Hogwarts founders’ Portraits
    • -Portrait of Albus Dumbledore
    • -Professor Minerva McGonagall

Memories of O.W.L.s Past Event Details
O.W.L.s Event Tasks

So… this event is NOT playable from home. At all. I don’t know if the HPWU developers made this decision because the event is pretty low-key, or if this is a sign that future events will no longer be designed for at-home play.

Please prioritize your health and safety above a game. Follow all local laws and guidelines. You are not missing out on amazing rewards if you can’t complete this event.

I actually really like this event, even though I understand the frustration of players who need to play at home. The design is more creative than anything we’ve seen in awhile, with each task relating to a core Hogwarts class.

CLASSTASKREWARD
PotionsUse Master Notes 6 Times20 Spell Energy
CharmsCast 10 Great Alohomora Charms1 Silver Key
TransfigurationReturn 4 Professor McGonagall Foundables6 Ginger Root
HerbologyVisit a Greenhouse 3 Times1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
Care of Magical CreaturesReturn 16 Care of Magical Creatures Foundables2 Potent Exstimulo Potions
History of MagicReturn 12 Hogwarts Portraits1 Spell Book
Defense Against the Dark ArtsComplete 3 Dark Chambers1 DADA Book

Completion Rewards:

• 2 Defense Against the Dark Arts Books
  • 2 Spell Books
  • 60 Gold
  • 500 Wizarding XP
  • 30 Spell Energy
  • 1 Title: Outstanding Achiever
How to Enjoy the O.W.L.s Event

Like most Wizards Unite events, how you approach this event depends on your own goals. Do you want to earn guaranteed Exploration Fragments by doing Wizarding Challenges? Do you want to rank up Hogwarts School and open Treasure Trunks? How necessary are the tasks and rewards?

Let your goals guide your play during the O.W.L.s event.

Finish Tasks

The big challenges here are 3 tasks:

• Cast 10 Great Alohomora Charms
  • Visit a Greenhouse 3 Times
  • Return 16 Care of Magical Creatures Foundables

You can visit the same Greenhouse 3 times. Just wait the 5-minute cooldown. If you can, do this from a car, or in an open-air, outdoor location, to minimize your risk.

Casting Great Alohomora spells will already be difficult, because it’s not an easy spell for everyone. The real challenge will be finding sufficient Foundables who use Alohomora, because none of them are boosted.

• Buckbeak
  • Thestral
  • Ministry Executioner
  • Fawkes
  • Filch and Mrs. Norris
  • Erumpent
  • Demiguise
  • Chudley Cannons Player
  • Quill of Acceptance and Book of Admittance

This is the same challenge for returning Care of Magical Creatures Foundables. None of them are boosted, and Landmarks are still turned off in the game.

Use lots of Tonic for Trace Detection. Walk around a lot. Stack Dark Detectors. These are the best ways to find more Traces. Hopefully you will then find the ones you need for the tasks.

Prestige Moving Staircases II

All of the Foundables from Moving Staircases II will be boosted. To prestige this page, you just need to collect enough Wild Boar Fragments through Wizarding Challenges by using Hogwarts School Runestones.

There are not any guaranteed Fragment types during this event, so start hunting those Wild Boar Fragments now.

Open Treasure Trunks AND Grind Wizarding XP

Professor McGonagall is an Emergency-threat Foundable. Each time you return her, you earn a decent amount of Wizarding XP. Each time you place her, you earn a lot of Hogwarts School Family XP.

Save your Trace Charms for Professor McGonagall. You will earn extra Fragments, extra Family XP, and extra Wizarding XP. This will help you level up in the game, plus rank up in the Hogwarts School Registry.

By ranking up, you open more Treasure Trunks. Depending on what you’ve unlocked in your SOS Training, these Treasure Trunks can contain all sorts of bonus surprises, including Gold Gifts.

Final Thoughts on the O.W.L.s Event

If you’re in an area where you can walk safely, that’s the best way to visit Greenhouses and find necessary Traces.

Carry an extra battery pack or two, plus charging cables. Need a new battery pack? I’ve put together a list of the top-rated options on Amazon!

I hope this Wizards Unite event guide has been helpful! Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see in future guides.

Do you have any tips for fellow witches and wizards to enjoy the O.W.L.s event? What do you think of the requirement to visit Greenhouses? Are you concerned about finding certain Foundables that aren’t boosted? Share your thoughts in the comments or through our social media platforms!

Stay updated on the latest Wizards Unite news by following on Twitter or Facebook. Discuss strategy and share opinions on Discord.

Support the mostly volunteer-run website and community by buying merch or joining the WizHub Patreon! We receive many reader requests for website updates, but there is only so much a small team can do in our free time. Financial assistance helps us build our writing team.

You can also support me directly on Kofi, which helps cover my tea-drinking habit. (I went through a large pot while writing this article).

The post Outstanding! Memories of O.W.L.s Past Event appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.