Professions Poll: Which way are you leaning?

What Wizards Unite profession will you choose?

• Auror

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Magizoologist

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Professor

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
We've covered the three professions more in depth here on the blog

But I thought I'd check with you, see which way you're leaning!

I think in a way the professions might somewhat represent the basic traits of the Hogwarts Houses.
The Professor seems like something a Ravenclaw would be atracted to, all that knowledge! (that one's my choice, btw)
The Magizoologist probably fits best with a Hufflepuff's caring nature, though a daring Griffindor might fit well when it comes to more dangerous creatures.
And the Auror needs one to be daring, but also cunning and resourceful. I think this could easily describe most Gryffindors and Slytherins.

So what's your choice?

Reactions: TheWizardsGuide

TheWizardsGuide

WUtuber
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, TN
www.youtube.com
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
What will we be able to learn as professors??
Seems like that class will have "deep magical knowledge" according to the Eurogamer article on the game...so not anything super specific...But, I think, based off that article and a few others:
  • the Auror will focus on doing a ton of damage, but may not be able to stay alive as long as the other professions
  • the Magizoologist will be a tank/support class, will be able to stay alive and help the team stay alive
  • the Professor may be a balance between the two, doesn't deal as much damage as the Auror or have as much survivability as a Magizoologist, but they have a balance between the two to be versatile
All of that is based off of assumptions though, haha...comparing it to other RPG games like World of Warcraft!

I'm just stoked they are pulling off this type of system for our characters!! Eeeeee!

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Seems like that class will have "deep magical knowledge" according to the Eurogamer article on the game...so not anything super specific...But, I think, based off that article and a few others:
  • the Auror will focus on doing a ton of damage, but may not be able to stay alive as long as the other professions
  • the Magizoologist will be a tank/support class, will be able to stay alive and help the team stay alive
  • the Professor may be a balance between the two, doesn't deal as much damage as the Auror or have as much survivability as a Magizoologist, but they have a balance between the two to be versatile
All of that is based off of assumptions though, haha...comparing it to other RPG games like World of Warcraft!

I'm just stoked they are pulling off this type of system for our characters!! Eeeeee!
I was really hoping for some team dynamics similar to WoW or other RPGs, so that sounds amazing! And it was mentioned it a few places that professions wont be set, and we will be able to change between them throughout the game, which will be a great way to figure out which one fits us best!

nifflerio

Mar 15, 2019
I'd like to choose auror path, let's see :)

Like the idea :)

Reactions: TheWizardsGuide