Proposed Boycott of All 1920s Events

B

Brita

On September 9, 2021, community member Plotter101 tweeted out his plan for a game boycott, limited to all 1920s Wizarding World Convergences. This was in response to the current situation in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Note: Plotter101 collaborates with Wizards Unite Hub by sharing his research and by creating infographics.

In this tweet, Plotter101 talks about the different bugs affecting players, specifically in regards to Adventure Sync and distance-tracking. The new 1920s Foundables can only be obtained by Portkeys, which means that some players are limited in their ability to collect the new Registry images.

In a follow-up statement to me directly, Plotter101 further elaborated his reasons for sharing this thoughts. He just wants the game to be fair and equitable. If his friends cant participate in an event, he doesnt want to participate either.

For these reasons, Plotter101 tweeted out his plan to boycott all 1920s Wizarding World Convergences until all distance-tracking bugs are fixed. His intention was to share his own plans, and to ask his friends in the Wizards Unite community to join him. However, the boycott idea quickly spread.

I have been reading constant posts and comments across Twitter, Facebook, reddit, and Discord. Different players who agree with the boycott have offered up different options to participate. These are:

1. Do not open Wizards Unite at all during the 1920s Wizarding World Convergences.
  2. Play Wizards Unite during the events, but dont pick up any teal (event) Portkeys.
  3. Only use your Gold Key to walk off teal Portkeys.

Other players disagree with a boycott. While I personally plan on participating in the September 1920s Wizarding World Convergence, I understand why players would choose to boycott the event. In addition, I am currently speaking with other Wizards Unite community leaders about a plan of action to communicate widespread player frustration.

After speaking with Plotter101 about his boycott, he said this:

I not trying to force anyone to play differently; I just want people to stand up for their friends. We cant celebrate a prestige, if half cant play at all.
I am interested to know your thoughts.

If you have recently quit the game, or youre thinking about quitting it, what would convince you to play?

Do you want the HPWU team to pause some/all events until they fix the major bugs?

Will you participate in any sort of boycott, whether its this week or at some future point?

Everyone who comments on this website does a great job of being respectful to me, to the HPWU developers, and to other community members. I ask that if you comment on another platform, that you maintain that level of respect.

I repeat this a lot, but I honestly read all of your comments here, on Facebook, and on Twitter. I simply do not have the time to respond to all of them, but I promise I read them, I summarize your opinions for the HPWU team, and I pass on every bug report as well.

Connect with the WizHub team here and on social media.

The post Proposed Boycott of All 1920s Events appeared first on Wizards Unite Hub.