Answered Recommendations to be ready for wizards unite release

Cofano

May 16, 2019
Recommendations to be ready for wizards unite release
Hi, what do you recommend me to do while waiting for the global wizards unite release?

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
Just watch and follow the wutubers

Mar 11, 2019
Yes, while waiting your global release of WU, you can get your tools ready and up to dated, also follow as much as WUTbers as you can.

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
H
Recommendations to be ready for wizards unite release
Hi, what do you recommend me to do while waiting for the global wizards unite release?
Apart from watching videos to know what the game will look like (unless you don't want spoilers) there are a few things you should definitely do before you start playing.
  • Get battery packs. Like, more than one. Make sure they have enough power to charge your phone faster than the game will drain it.
  • Check your data plan. WizU will use up quite a bit more data than PoGO does. You should be ready for that, you don't want to use up all your data in a day.
  • Get comfy earphones. There's sound and dialogue in the game, especially at first. Although what they say is also transcribed on the screen, I'd use sound when playing.
  • Get comfy shows. You will be doing a lot of walking, you want to make sure you're comfortable and can walk your way back home after playing for some time.
  • Carry water and sunscreen. Same goes for clothes, something warm in case you stay out late. This seems like common sense until you need it and realise you didn't even think about it, you were so excited playing.
  • Get a phone holder, either one of those ring ones or the little cone that pops out in the back. Something to hold your phone safely in one hand while you use the others to cast spells. Spells need to be cast fast and accurately, you don't want to mess them up because it's hard to hold the phone. And more importantly you don't want your phone to end up on the ground because you got overexcited and it slipped.
  • And if you're anything like me, make sure you stay close to areas you know. You don't want to end up lost in the middle of nowhere
PoGO veterans, did I miss anything important?

Reactions: kiptio and oizar
May 30, 2019
H

Apart from watching videos to know what the game will look like (unless you don't want spoilers) there are a few things you should definitely do before you start playing.
  • Get battery packs. Like, more than one. Make sure they have enough power to charge your phone faster than the game will drain it.
  • Check your data plan. WizU will use up quite a bit more data than PoGO does. You should be ready for that, you don't want to use up all your data in a day.
  • Get comfy earphones. There's sound and dialogue in the game, especially at first. Although what they say is also transcribed on the screen, I'd use sound when playing.
  • Get comfy shows. You will be doing a lot of walking, you want to make sure you're comfortable and can walk your way back home after playing for some time.
  • Carry water and sunscreen. Same goes for clothes, something warm in case you stay out late. This seems like common sense until you need it and realise you didn't even think about it, you were so excited playing.
  • Get a phone holder, either one of those ring ones or the little cone that pops out in the back. Something to hold your phone safely in one hand while you use the others to cast spells. Spells need to be cast fast and accurately, you don't want to mess them up because it's hard to hold the phone. And more importantly you don't want your phone to end up on the ground because you got overexcited and it slipped.
  • And if you're anything like me, make sure you stay close to areas you know. You don't want to end up lost in the middle of nowhere
PoGO veterans, did I miss anything important?
Great! :)