Answered should I buy a Samsung smartphone for playing Wizards Unite?

fexai

Mar 5, 2019
I've read about the deal between niantic and samsung.
at the moment I own a huawei p9, but I'm looking for a replacement.

i want the best experience with wizards unite, so... should i just but a samsung??

Reactions: TheWizardsGuide

TheWizardsGuide

WUtuber
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, TN
www.youtube.com
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
I've read about the deal between niantic and samsung.
at the moment I own a huawei p9, but I'm looking for a replacement.

i want the best experience with wizards unite, so... should i just but a samsung??
If you do get a new phone, I would make sure if is 5G ready (I believe most new phones will be, but just want to clarify as you are getting it, haha), since the game will probably recommend a super fast network connection. Especially when they roll out gameplay using the Codename: Neon function. :geek:

Annnnd, Mr. Hanke did mention Samsung a few times in his keynote speech at MWC19...

I'm not sure if I helped much...haha ?

Breixo

Staff member
Feb 9, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Magizoologist
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
FriendsCode
Totally agree about 5G ready phones. Game experience will be better. However, 5G technology is too new, they'll offer nice game experience for 4G users too.
Mr. Hanke did mention Samsung a few times in his keynote speech at MWC19
Hopefully they won't exclude other brands, but probably game experience will be better with last Samsung's models.

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
If you can keep you Huawei and wait a few months...
If not, Samsung will be the safe bet.

Feb 15, 2019
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4, I'm hoping it will work well with Wizards Unite because I don't want to change it until I can get a 5G one, like @Breixo and @TheWizardsGuide said. My issue with the new Samsung, though, is that they are horribly expensive. Especially when compared to good phones from other brands like Xiaomi or Huawei. If they keep that up not many people will be able to afford it.

LadyVa

Auror
Mar 6, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4, I'm hoping it will work well with Wizards Unite because I don't want to change it until I can get a 5G one, like @Breixo and @TheWizardsGuide said. My issue with the new Samsung, though, is that they are horribly expensive. Especially when compared to good phones from other brands like Xiaomi or Huawei. If they keep that up not many people will be able to afford it.
too expensive... o_O

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
I agree with whats been said before. IF you need a new phone and IF you can afford it, the new Samsung looks solid, and it might come with a few unknown perks considering the Niantic deal. But just absolutely make sure whichever phone you get works on 5G networks, or youll end up shopping for another phone soon(ish?)

Reactions: Rodave

RichardSly

Auror
Feb 13, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
I'm hoping 4G will be fine for the basic game when it comes out, but looking forward we might need 5G for updates like multiplayer platforms, so personally I'm keeping my phone until 5G is available for cheaper brands...not all of us can make it rain the way @ahwe can!