Uniting Wizards

WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Houses
Ravenclaw
I'm beyond excited that the game will apparently have a pretty complex storyline. I'm a bit worried, too, but hoping they've figured out how to keep everyone in the loop as to what's happening in the story. What do you guys think?

Reactions: WotcherTonks

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
If someone starts later on, will they have problems to follow the storyline??

Reactions: WotcherTonks

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Thats actually a big issue (with good points on both sides).
At first I figured itd work similarly to Hogwarts Mystery when it comes to timeline, we all start at a certain point and go from there.
But they are planning on the game spanning years, I cant imagine people will start playing when they are maybe two years behind on the storyline and have to wade their way through it.
On the other hand, having a real-time storyline could mean events for everyone when new players are so far behind in skill that they might as well skip it. Theyd have to split us up by level, same with Fortresses.
Its quite the conundrum, thats why I love speculating!?
Thanks for the awesome video!!

RichardSly

Auror
Feb 13, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
Great video, mate! What worries me are the mentions of the game possibly going on indefinitely when it's driven by a storyline. I'm sure they have the first part worked out, but will they keep adding new stories as time goes by or will it just fizzle out and stop making sense after a while?

Feb 14, 2019
Thats actually a big issue (with good points on both sides).
At first I figured itd work similarly to Hogwarts Mystery when it comes to timeline, we all start at a certain point and go from there.
But they are planning on the game spanning years, I cant imagine people will start playing when they are maybe two years behind on the storyline and have to wade their way through it.
On the other hand, having a real-time storyline could mean events for everyone when new players are so far behind in skill that they might as well skip it. Theyd have to split us up by level, same with Fortresses.
Its quite the conundrum, thats why I love speculating!?
Thanks for the awesome video!!
Samantuchy, this is one of the perfect answer!
For sure, this is an issue but for those who will be starting it at some later time. :D

Feb 15, 2019
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
Great video @Uniting Wizards
I'm happy I'll be starting off as soon as the game comes out. However, if at some point I have to slow down or quit for a bit I'd run into the same issue. Would I be able to catch up? Would I get a "previously on Wizards Unite..." summary?
And I'm counting on them having enough of a storyline to last us for a while. I've been stuck in Hogwarts Mystery year five for I don't know how long, and the plot is not even moving forward...hope that doesn't happen here!

Reactions: Uniting Wizards

Uniting Wizards

WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Houses
Ravenclaw
Thanks, guys!

It's really interesting to think about, and my mind goes back and forth on how I think they could do this best. A story that goes on in real time makes the most sense to me, because that way there are no spoilers. But they have to figure out a really good way to keep people in the loop. Someone compared it to Ingress, where they apparently (I only played for a week or so, so I had no idea) have immersive summary videos, with actors explaining what's been going on. If they can incorporate something like that in Wizards Unite, that might be a good way to keep everyone up to speed.

What worries me are the mentions of the game possibly going on indefinitely when it's driven by a storyline. I'm sure they have the first part worked out, but will they keep adding new stories as time goes by or will it just fizzle out and stop making sense after a while?
This has been concerning me too, I don't want to see a big frame story that never gets resolved. Someone suggested, though, that maybe the Calamity is just the first big thing. I'm thinking, if say the first year is all about finding the London 5, that gets us part of the way to figuring out what the Calamity is and how to stop it. Then there's another larger story arc the year after that gets us bit closer still, and over the span of, like, 5 years, we've figured out the Calamity, we've stopped it, but in doing so, we have found another, even bigger problem we need to solve. So the story sort of evolves. I mean, there's always a limit to how long you can do that, but they do it in TV-shows all the time (with more or less success). And while I don't quite believe that Wizards Unite will be a "forever game" that I will still be playing when I retire, if it runs as long as Supernatural did, that's still pretty good for a game ;)

Feb 17, 2019
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
This has been concerning me too, I don't want to see a big frame story that never gets resolved. Someone suggested, though, that maybe the Calamity is just the first big thing. I'm thinking, if say the first year is all about finding the London 5, that gets us part of the way to figuring out what the Calamity is and how to stop it. Then there's another larger story arc the year after that gets us bit closer still, and over the span of, like, 5 years, we've figured out the Calamity, we've stopped it, but in doing so, we have found another, even bigger problem we need to solve. So the story sort of evolves. I mean, there's always a limit to how long you can do that, but they do it in TV-shows all the time (with more or less success). And while I don't quite believe that Wizards Unite will be a "forever game" that I will still be playing when I retire, if it runs as long as Supernatural did, that's still pretty good for a game ;)
This would be great, actually, having what seems like the main storyline only be a stepping stone for something larger looming in the back, so we sort of peel back layers and we do get some resolution every so often. The idea of them just adding 'filler' adventures to keep us busy until something interesting happens is not so appealing...