Jul 17, 2019
Austin, Texas, USA
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
Did anyone else save up some Portkeys to open for the event, only to find that they didn't count toward the event task? And so far, I haven't found any of Harry's Ministry ID fragments, only the trunk from the first part (I opened two Brilliant Portkeys). Orz I'm hoping to hear that others are having better luck!

Reactions: UnluckyHydra
Jun 22, 2019
If I'm not wrong, only the ones started after the event count. The ones already completed but no opened & the ones already started but not completed... do NOT count for the event stats.
Not really sure, that's my guess @Osidiano

Reactions: Osidiano

Osidiano

Auror
Jul 17, 2019
Austin, Texas, USA
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
If I'm not wrong, only the ones started after the event count. The ones already completed but no opened & the ones already started but not completed... do NOT count for the event stats.
Not really sure, that's my guess @Osidiano
It does seem that way, @devdad ; I'm not sure if the one I'm currently working to unlock was started before or after Part II went live, but I'm really hoping it'll count when I get my walking in tomorrow

Reactions: MattO

MattO

Auror
Feb 26, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Slytherin
@Osidiano any update?
You just have to open 4 at part 2/4
But you must start them after you reached that part...

Is that so?

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor, HornedSerpent
I think the first part worked for portkeys being opened after the event started but they posted an update saying that this second part is different. I don't know how portkeys that were started before the event but haven't unlocked yet, work. You might have to start fresh ones after the event starts. The ones I had unlocked but hadn't opened worked like this post said.Screenshot_20190730-212526_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: Osidiano and MattO

Osidiano

Auror
Jul 17, 2019
Austin, Texas, USA
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
@Osidiano any update?
You just have to open 4 at part 2/4
But you must start them after you reached that part...

Is that so?
I managed to unlock 4 Portkeys and continue to the next part. Found some new Brilliant Portkeys today and unlocked those, which gave me the ID. It wasn't clear if the one I was working on earlier counted; I can't remember if I started it just before or just after Part II began (I was watching the minutes count down and may have gotten impatient).

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
I guess the 7km had to be picked up after the event started. Any from the first part will give you the trunk. I found that out the hard way.

Osidiano

Auror
Jul 17, 2019
Austin, Texas, USA
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
I guess the 7km had to be picked up after the event started. Any from the first part will give you the trunk. I found that out the hard way.
Same! And it's so frustrating because you can't delete them to free up vault space for new ones, you have to open them to get rid of them but you don't want to waste Silver Keys... I won't be picking up any more until after the event, so I'm not stuck with a ton of 7km Brilliants!

UnluckyHydra

Auror
Jun 26, 2019
Bryan, Ohio
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
I should probably do the same. I'll regret it later if I don't. On the other hand I got like two ranks just by opening those portkeys