Why Wizards Unite release date is delayed?

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
Any speculation? It was stated for 2018, now 2019 but no one knows exactly when....

Feb 15, 2019
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw
I honestly think they announced it too soon and the technology didnt develop as fast as theyd hoped for.
It would be a pretty d@mb move to announce it worldwide knowing the size of the HP fandom only to purposefuly make us wait this long.

Reactions: oizar

estareio

Feb 24, 2019
I honestly think they announced it too soon and the technology didnt develop as fast as theyd hoped for.
It would be a pretty d@mb move to announce it worldwide knowing the size of the HP fandom only to purposefuly make us wait this long.
Arent' they using same techno as pokemon go??

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Arent' they using same techno as pokemon go??
The game will be similar to Pok矇mon Go in that it uses Augmented Reality, although even that has advanced since PoGo eas released. However, Wizards Unite will reportedly follow a storyline instead of Pok矇mons catch them all gameplay.

And more specifically, Niantic has been working on multiplayer platforms like we mention in our Duelling post.
The main issue with this type of tech that would allow players to interact with each other in game (check out the Codename Neon video on the post) is that it needs to be low latency, since we cant really duel if theres a lag in the game. And our networks arent ready for that yet. A new low latency network has just come out in Germany, in fact, and could be the first step in getting to the point needed for the game.

Apart from that the storyline itself will be more convoluted that PoGo, weve been promised famous characters to interact with and a chance to develop a wizarding career, which presumably takes more development than releasing a new Pok矇mon.

Reactions: oizar

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
The game will be similar to Pok矇mon Go in that it uses Augmented Reality, although even that has advanced since PoGo eas released. However, Wizards Unite will reportedly follow a storyline instead of Pok矇mons catch them all gameplay.

And more specifically, Niantic has been working on multiplayer platforms like we mention in our Duelling post.
The main issue with this type of tech that would allow players to interact with each other in game (check out the Codename Neon video on the post) is that it needs to be low latency, since we cant really duel if theres a lag in the game. And our networks arent ready for that yet. A new low latency network has just come out in Germany, in fact, and could be the first step in getting to the point needed for the game.

Apart from that the storyline itself will be more convoluted that PoGo, weve been promised famous characters to interact with and a chance to develop a wizarding career, which presumably takes more development than releasing a new Pok矇mon.
Thanks for your replies! That make sense...

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
yeah, I understand wanting it to be perfect, but maybe they shouldn't have announced it in november 2017, just make it closer to the actual date when you know roughly when the game will be ready. All this expectation they created can easily fizzle out...

prestvi

Mar 11, 2019
yeah, I understand wanting it to be perfect, but maybe they shouldn't have announced it in november 2017, just make it closer to the actual date when you know roughly when the game will be ready. All this expectation they created can easily fizzle out...
Hope this time there's no extra delay!

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
It's funny on the day after I commented on how frustrating it was getting they released all the new info on gameplay! And it wasn't even me, I haven't tried another Imperio curse since I slipped and fell while casting it and...well, it wasn't pretty...