Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
A new year has began, and we have yet to defeat the Calamity. In fact, it seems to be getting stronger despite our best efforts. And this time, it decided to focus on one of the most powerful wizards the world has ever known: Albus Dumbledore.

Regardless of your opinion of him (Rita Skeeter’s The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore seems to make a few good points) we, as members of the SOS Task Force, need to do our best to keep this situation under control. Here are the tasks ahead of us, and the rewards we will receive once we complete our duty.

Darkest of Times I Brilliant Event

Lasting an entire week as usual (from January 21st to January 28th), this will be the first part of the Darkest of Times Brilliant Event (with the second part running in February). This event will let us complete the first page of the event Registry and also get some more of those precious restricted books that are holding our professional careers back.

Learn more about professions here: How to choose your Profession in Wizards Unite

Or take our Wizards Unite Profession Quiz!

Would you like to find more Potterheads to share the hype with? Come on over to our Discord Channel and join the Wizards Unite Forum!
So let’s get started!

As always, a huge Thank You! to @OrangeWizard2019 for creating and sharing all these amazing graphics. If you’re not following yet follow the link to their Instagram account.
The Darkest of Times Event tasks

Just like in all previous events, this one will be split into four parts. Every task will have its own reward, with a larger reward once each of the four parts is completed. This is where we will get our Restricted Section books, along with Brilliant Foundables, event XP and much more. Let’s take a closer look at those tasks.

98F64A5-7B7E-4D62-B92F-EA9BA0F29ECA-e1579565305426.jpg

Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019

Darkest of Times I 1/4

• Cast 5 Good Spells – 2 Restricted Section Books
  • Return 10 Foundables of any Family – 25 Brilliant Family XP
  • Use 2 Potions – 25 Brilliant Family XP

Rewards for completion:

• 1 Restricted Section Books
    • 300 XP
    • 1 Ministry ID lens
    • 3 Baneberry
    • 3 Hermit Crab Shell
Darkest of Times I 2/4

• Retur 5 Brilliant Fawkes – 500 XP
  • Cast Arresto Momentum 3 times – 20 Brilliant Family XP
  • Brew 3 Potions – 15 Brilliant Family XP

Rewards for completion:

• 25 Brilliant Family XP
    • 2 Restricted Section Books
    • 1 Ministry ID frame
    • 1 Glass Jug of Pumpkin Juice Foundable
    • 2 Snowdrop
    • 2 Silver Keys
Darkest of Times I 3/4

• Return Brilliant Dumbledore – 500 XP
  • Cast 3 Great Spells – 500 XP
  • Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteaus – 15 Brilliant Family XP

Rewards for completion:

• 25 Brilliant Family XP
    • 5 Restricted Section Books
    • 2 Ministry ID sticker
    • 1 Dark Detector
Darkest of Times I 4/4

• Use 3 Dark Detectors – 25 Brilliant Family XP
  • Return 7 High Threat Foundables – 3 red Spell Books
  • Collect 20 Foundable Fragments – 25 Brilliant Family XP

Rewards for completion:

• 750 XP
    • 50 Gold Coins
    • 5 Restricted Section Books
    • 1 Post Owl Foundable
    • 1 Ministry ID sticker
Our take on the tasks

Let’s look a little deeper into the tasks and figure out which ones we’ll need to prepare for, which ones might hold us back and more.

The Spell casting

This event will focus on our casting abilities a little more than usual, but it’s nothing to be worried about. Throughout the different tasks we will need to perform 5 Good (or higher) casts and 3 Great (or higher) casts. If you’re having trouble with your casts remember the game rewards speed over accuracy, so if you’re in a tight spot it’s better to trace the glyph faster even if it’s not done perfectly.

We will also have a featured spell during this event (both weeks), so we assume we will be finding more of this type of Confoundable Magic on the map. The spell we’ll be focusing on this time around will be Arresto Momentum, with its M-shaped glyph.

The Traces with Arresto Momentum are:

• Vanishing Cabinet – Dark Arts Family
  • Hand of Glory – Dark Arts Family
  • Portrait of Albus Dumbledore – Hogwarts School Family
  • Angelina Johnson – Legends of Hogwarts Family
  • Flock of Memos – Ministry of Magic Family
  • Bludger – Magical Games and Sports Family
  • Decoy Detonators – Mysterious Artefacts Family
  • Pensieve – Mysterious Artefacts Family
  • Memory Cabinet- Mysterious Artefacts Family
  • Chrystal Ball – Wonders of the Wizarding World Family
  • Dirigible Plums – Wonders of the Wizarding World Family
  • Foe Glass – Wonders of the Wizarding World Family
The Potions

-Important- During Darkest of Times I Baruffio’s Brain Elixir will last 1 hour instead if its usual 30 minutes.

We will need to use two Potions to complete the first set of tasks. We are free to use any one we like, so it might be a good chance to get a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir going just as the event begins. This potion will last for a whole hour and it will double your XP. We recommend you take it first thing, if possible, so that you will also double the bonus you receive the first time you return a Foundable. You’ll get this bonus with your first Brilliant Fawkes and Brilliant Dumbledore during the event.

Another good potion to take, if you have it, might be the Tonic for Trace Detection, since it will help us find even more special Traces on the map.

While we need to brew three Potions in order to complete the second set of tasks, the game doesn’t specify which Potions it has to be. So we are free to brew anything we want. Just make sure all three are ready by the time the event starts so you won’t be stuck waiting for them to finish brewing.

Portkeys

All Darkest of Times Brilliant Portkeys will be 3 km and will only reward XP.

For this event we will need to unlock five Portkeys. This is part of the third set of tasks, so if you don’t have silver keys or don’t want to use them you can simply take a little more time. If you are good at gauging distance walked, you might even be able to get some Portkeys started beforehand and have them almost ready by the time you reach this step.

I tried this once but got a little too close to opening before I finished the previous task. Then the game decided to add a few hundred metres on its own and opened the Portkeys before time. Which is why I recommend being careful here.

Another thing worth mentioning: Portkeys from the Brilliant Event Part I will always yield a Part I Foundable (in this case Brilliant Professor Trelawney). So keep that in mind and make sure you don’t fill up your queue or leave them unopened, or you might run out of room and waste time when Part II begins. Also, if you have Brilliant Portkeys left over from the previous event remember there’s no way to tell them apart.

note– we will need to open 10 more Portkeys to complete the Bonus Assignment, so you might not want to take the first five too slow or you might not be able to open all 15 in time.

Darkest of Times I Special Goodies

SOS Bundles and Complimentary Gifts

D38E1F0-E54E-4628-BCB2-6D5D8E08CF15-e1579567600274.jpg

• Complimentary Gift (free)
    • 1 Silver Key
    • Ingredients for 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
    • 25 Spell Energy
  • SOS Bundle (450 Gold Coins)
    • 5 Silver Keys
    • 100 Spell Energy
  • Brilliant Bundle (1050 Gold Coins)
    • 10 Potent Exstimulo Potions
    • 6 Dark Detectors
  • Bonus Bundle (2100 Gold Coins)
    • 10 Silver Keys
    • 10 Potent Exstimulo Potions
    • 150 Spell Energy
    • 10 Dark Detectors

Also remember, if you have a Sponsored Fortress nearby do give it a visit. They now include Spell Energy as a reward for completing a Wizarding Challenge.

Tasks Rewards Summary

As for the reward, if we complete every task we will get:

• 2550 XP
  • 200 Brilliant Family XP
  • 2 Brilliant Foundables
  • 1 Ministry ID frame
  • 1 Ministry ID lens
  • 3 Ministry ID sticker
  • 50 Gold Coins
  • 15 Restricted Section Books
  • 3 red Spell Books
  • 1 Dark Detector
  • 10 Potions Ingredients
Where to get the Darkest of Times I Event Foundables

D9C4989-35C6-4765-BB35-F917A1C69868-e1579568010401.jpg

Let’s have a look at where we can find each of the Brilliant Event Foundables:

• Dumbledore – On the map
  • Fawkes – On the map
  • Glass Jug of Pumpkin Juice – Complete step 2/4 of the Event tasks
  • Owl Post – Complete step 4/4 of the Event task
  • Professor Burbage (3 Fragments) – Use a Brilliant Runestone (important!) in Wizarding Challenges (any level)
  • Professor Trelawney (5 Fragments) – In 3km Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus
Bonus Assignment

This month we will also have two sets of Bonus Assignments, one for each part of the Darkest of Times Brilliant Event.

Here are the details for the Darkest of Times I Bonus Assignment

7768646-4541-43BA-AE25-48C97918DC3A-e1579568261157.jpg

This assignment will appear once we finish all of the Brilliant Event I tasks and will end with the event, on January 28th. To complete this assignment we will have to:

• Return 15 High Threat Foundables – 3 Silver Keys
  • Unlock 10Portkey Portmanteaus – 2 Strong Exstimulo Potions
  • Return 30 Brilliant Dumbledores – Ministry ID Lens

Rewards for completion:

• 2000 XP
    • 100 Family XP
    • 4 red Spell Books
    • 1 Ministry ID title
Brilliant Event Tips

Here are a few tips to keep in mind before and during the event.

• Brew your Potions in advance. You will need two to complete part I.
  • Don’t be shy about using those Dark Detectors. And remember you can use up to three in the same Inn.
  • However, make sure you save at least 3 for the last set of tasks.
  • Check out our Friend Code map and grab some codes. Friend Gifts always come in handy.
  • Make the most of the extended Baruffio. It could be a great chance to get XP and level up faster.
  • You will need to open 5 Portkeys for the event tasks and 10 for the bonus assignment. Consider using Silver Keys to speed up the process.
  • Remember Brilliant Portkeys will only give XP. Consider opening them while using Baruffio’s for best results.
  • If you can, try to start the event with full energy. It will make the first day go much better.
  • Find an area with enough Inns and Greenhouses to move between. Remember the 5 minute waiting period.
  • Master your spells. And most importantly, remember the game values speed over accuracy.
  • Use Exstimulo Potion as needed. Remember that now leftover potion will be saved for the following encounter.
  • Make room in your vaults for ingredients and potions.
  • We’re all sure to meet some new Potterheads during the week. What better way to make new friends and possibly new teammates for your next Fortress incursion? Don’t be shy and reach out!
  • And the most important one: Have fun! (And try to convert as many Muggles as possible!)
That’s what we have for today, so go play!

Make sure you’re ready to make the most of the event, add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!

We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!

If you have any more tips for new players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to make the most the event.

Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).

You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!

dicord.png forum-accio-wizards-unite-harry-potter.png

The post Wizards Unite Brilliant Event Walkthrough: Darkest of Times 🧙‍♂️ appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.

Mar 11, 2019
@Samantuchy you always come up with the great and detailed posts. No matter it takes long to read it through :p but these are really informative!