Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
As busy as we are battling the Calamity daily, from Brilliant Events to featured Oddities out and about, it’s time to focus on what’s coming. It’s never too soon to start preparing, more so in a month that’s filled to the brim with special events. So today we’ll be focusing on Love Lost I, the second Brilliant Event (and fourth event in general) so far this month.

Clearly love struck, the Calamity is focusing on cherished, romantic memories from the wizarding world, and it’s up to us to return them to their rightful owners. Let’s delve a little deeper into this event!

Love Lost I Brilliant Event

Lasting an entire week as usual (from February 13th to February 20th), this will be the first part of the Love Lost Brilliant Event (with the second part running later this month). This event will let us complete the first page of the event Registry and also get some more of those precious restricted books that are holding our professional careers back.

Learn more about professions here: How to choose your Profession in Wizards Unite

Or take our Wizards Unite Profession Quiz!

Would you like to find more Potterheads to share the hype with? Come on over to our Discord Channel and join the Wizards Unite Forum!
So let’s get started!

As always, a huge Thank You! to @OrangeWizard2019 for creating and sharing all these amazing graphics. If you’re not following yet follow the link to their Instagram account.
Love Lost Event tasks

Just like in all previous events, this one will be split into four parts. Every task will have its own reward, with a larger reward once each of the four parts is completed. This is where we will get our Restricted Section books, along with Brilliant Foundables, event XP and much more. Let’s take a closer look at those tasks.

8920C12-0262-4B81-BEAD-C4527FCB80DB-e1581373772275.jpg

Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019

Love Lost I 1/4

• Pick up 2 Strong Exstimulo ingredients – 25 Brilliant Family XP
  • Dine at Inns 3 times – 25 Brilliant Family XP
  • Return 5 Brilliant Self-Playing Harp – 150 XP

Rewards for completion:

• 150 XP
    • 2 Restricted Section Books
    • 4 Snowdrop ingredients
    • 2 Abraxan Hair ingredient
    • 1 Powdered Dragon Claw ingredient
Love Lost I 2/4

• Use Strong Exstimulo Potion 3 times – 200 XP
  • Pick up 2 Tonic for Trace Detection ingredients – 200 XP
  • Return 5 High Threat Foundables – 2 Erumpent Horn ingredient

Rewards for completion:

• 100 XP
    • 45 Brilliant Family XP
    • 3 Restricted Section Books
    • 1 Hornbill Foundable
    • 6 Baneberry ingredients
Love Lost I 3/4

• Use Tonic for Trace Detection 2 times – 375 XP
  • Pick up 3 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir ingredients – 375 XP
  • Return 7 Brilliant Minerva – 1 Hermit Crab Shell ingredient

Rewards for completion:

• 5 Restricted Section Books
    • 1 Silver Key
    • 1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
    • 50 Brilliant Family XP
    • 1 Ministry ID Frame
Love Lost I 4/4

• Use Baruffio’s Brain Elixir 2 times – 1 Silver Key
  • Walk 3 KM – 55 Brilliant Family XP
  • Unlock 5 Portkey Portmanteaus – 3 Red Spell Books

Rewards for completion:

• 1000 XP
    • 50 Gold Coins
    • 5 Restricted Section Books
    • 1 Hogwarts Crest Foundable
    • 1 Ministry ID frame
Our take on the tasks

Let’s look a little deeper into the tasks and figure out which ones we’ll need to prepare for, which ones might hold us back and more.

The Ingredients

For the first time, this Brilliant Event will focus quite a bit on collecting Potion ingredients. It’s important to note that, during the week of the event, ingredients for Wit Sharpening Potion and both Invigoration Draughts will be removed from the map. This should make it easier to find the ingredients we need to complete the tasks, although we won’t know for certain until the event begins.

We also don’t know if ingredients dropped from Greenhouses will count towards this task, although the use of the word ‘pick up’ seems to indicate the map, just like it does in the daily task.

Here’s a quick reminder of the ingredients needed for each potion:

IMG_20200211_005927-e1581379294307.jpg

• Strong Exstimulo Potion
    • Bitterroot
    • Snowdrop
    • Re’em Blood
    • Abraxan Hair
  • Tonic for Trace Detection
    • Baneberry
    • Bulbadox Juice
    • Angel’s Trumpet
    • Erumpent Horn
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
    • Leaping Toadstool
    • Frog Brain
    • Runespoor Eggs
    • Powdered Dragon Claw
The Potions

The Love Lost Brilliant Event will rely quite a bit on using certain Potions.

In order to complete the four tasks we will need to use 3 Strong Exstimulo Potions, 2 Tonic for Trace Detection and 2 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir.

There are no brewing tasks in this part of the event, so we won’t need to pre-brew anything, although it would be wise to have at least the 7 necessary potions so that completing the tasks won’t be a problem and won’t slow us down.

There are a few extra perks related to potions this time around.

For the first time we will receive a bonus when placing certain Foundables on the Brilliant Registry Page:

• Placing all 15 McGonagall Fragments (found on the map) will boost the Tonic for Trace Detection. It will reveal 15 Traces instead of the usual 10.
  • Placing all 5 Order of Merlin Fragments (found in Brilliant Portkeys) will boost Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. It will multiply XP by 2.5 instead of the usual 2.
  • Placing all 3 Photograph of Dougal McGregor (found in Fortresses) will boost Strong Exstimulo Potion. It will last for 6 casts instead of the usual 4.

*Important* We will need to brew 12 potions of any type and use another 15 to complete the Special Assignment after finishing all the Brilliant Event tasks, so it will save quite a bit of time to have at least a few potions already brewed and ready to collect once you reach the Special Assignment. Depending on how much time you have left it might even be a good idea to rent a cauldron and boost those brewing numbers.

Portkeys

All Darkest of Times Brilliant Portkeys will be 3 km and will feature a brand new (aptly themed) location: Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shot. There’s no word as of yet about the rewards, though we’re certainly hoping to go back to normal rewards instead of the XP-only we received during the Darkest of Times Brilliant Event.

For this event we will need to unlock five Portkeys. This is part of the third set of tasks, so if you don’t have silver keys or don’t want to use them you can simply take a little more time. If you are good at gauging distance walked, you might even be able to get some Portkeys started beforehand and have them almost ready by the time you reach this step.

I tried this once but got a little too close to opening before I finished the previous task. Then the game decided to add a few hundred metres on its own and opened the Portkeys before time. Which is why I recommend being careful here.

It’s important to note that one of the tasks in this last set is to walk 3 KM so if you’ve saved some 1 KM Dragon Portkeys and were planning to open them during this event remember walking five of them simultaneously won’t be enough to complete this last task.

Another thing worth mentioning: Portkeys from the Brilliant Event Part I will always yield a Part I Foundable (in this case Brilliant Order of Merlin). So keep that in mind and make sure you don’t fill up your queue or leave them unopened, or you might run out of room and waste time when Part II begins. Also, if you have Brilliant Portkeys left over from the previous event remember there’s no way to tell them apart.

Love Lost I Special Goodies

SOS Bundles and Complimentary Gifts

054DF5C-D102-4D84-BD42-85C8A0C6B984-e1581380573907.jpg

• Complimentary Gift (free)
    • 1 Silver Key
    • 25 Spell Energy
  • SOS Bundle (450 Gold Coins)
    • 7 Tonic for Trace Detection
    • 100 Spell Energy
  • Brilliant Bundle (1000 Gold Coins)
    • 10 Silver Keys
    • 5 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
  • Bonus Bundle (2100 Gold Coins)
    • 12 Tonic for Trace Detection
    • 12 Dark Detectors
    • 15 Strong Exstimulo Potions
    • 150 Spell Energy
Tasks Rewards Summary

As for the reward, if we complete every task we will get:

• 2550 XP
  • 200 Brilliant Family XP
  • 2 Brilliant Foundables
  • 2 Ministry ID frame
  • 50 Gold Coins
  • 15 Restricted Section Books
  • 3 red Spell Books
  • 2 Silver Keys
  • 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion
  • 16 Potions Ingredients
Where to get the Love Lost I Event Foundables

9228AF6-0CEB-4485-80E3-8F695C47B416-e1581380888779.jpg

Let’s have a look at where we can find each of the Brilliant Event Foundables:

• Minerva McGonagall – On the map
  • Self-Playing Harp– On the map
  • Hornbill – Complete step 2/4 of the Event tasks
  • Hogwarts Crest – Complete step 4/4 of the Event task
  • Photograph of Dougal McGregor (3 Fragments) – Use a Brilliant Runestone (important!) in Wizarding Challenges
  • Order of Merlin (5 Fragments) – In 3km Brilliant Portkey Portmanteaus
Bonus Assignment

This month we will also have two sets of Bonus Assignments, one for each part of the Love Lost Brilliant Event.

Here are the details for the Love Lost I Bonus Assignment

5AA79E9-C7ED-43B3-9508-3B26D14D3A07-e1581381106467.jpg

This assignment will appear once we finish all of the Brilliant Event I tasks and will end with the event, on February 20th. To complete this assignment we will have to:

• Return 15 High Threat Foundables – 1 Strong Exstimulo Potion
  • Return 30 Brilliant Foundables – 1 Butterscotch ingredient
  • Brew 12 Potions – 1 Ministry ID frame
  • Use 15 Potions – 2 Dark Detectors

Rewards for completion:

• 2000 XP
    • 100 Family XP
    • 3 red Spell Books
    • 1 Ministry ID title
Brilliant Event Tips

Here are a few tips to keep in mind before and during the event.

• Brew your Potions in advance. You will need to use 3 Strong Exstimulo Potion, 2 Tonic for Trace Detection and 2 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir.
  • Keep those cauldrons working. You will need to brew 12 potions and use 15 to complete the special assignment.
  • Remember ingredients for Wit Sharpening Potion and Invigoration Draughts won’t appear on the map during the event. If you think you will need to brew those potions collect their ingredients beforehand.
  • Try to place Brilliant Fragments on their Registry Page as quickly as possible. There are brand new bonuses available for placing McGonagall, Order of Merlin and Photograph of Dougal McGregor stickers.
  • Don’t be shy about using those Dark Detectors. And remember you can use up to three in the same Inn.
  • Remember you need to walk 3KM to complete the part 4/4 task. Walking leftover 1 KM Dragon Portkeys simultaneously won’t work on this task (although it will count toward the Unlock 5 Portkeys one).
  • We’re getting a brand new Portkey Location for this event. Consider spending a bit of time exploring before fleeing the Portkey to work on the next task.
  • Check out our Friend Code map and grab some codes. Friend Gifts always come in handy.
  • If you can, try to start the event with full energy. It will make the first day go much better.
  • Find an area with enough Inns and Greenhouses to move between. Remember the 5 minute waiting period.
  • Master your spells. And most importantly, remember the game values speed over accuracy.
  • Use Exstimulo Potion as needed. Remember that any leftover potion will be saved for the following encounter.
  • Make room in your vaults for ingredients and potions. You will need it.
  • We’re all sure to meet some new Potterheads during the week. What better way to make new friends and possibly new teammates for your next Fortress incursion? Don’t be shy and reach out!
  • And the most important one: Have fun! (And try to convert as many Muggles as possible!)
That’s what we have for today, so go play!

Make sure you’re ready to make the most of the event, add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!

We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!

If you have any more tips for new players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to make the most the event.

Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).

You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!

dicord.png forum-accio-wizards-unite-harry-potter.png

The post Wizards Unite Brilliant Event Walkthrough: Love Lost I 💘 appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.

Reactions: casafei
Feb 20, 2019
  • Brew your Potions in advance. You will need to use 3 Strong Exstimulo Potion, 2 Tonic for Trace Detection and 2 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir.
  • Keep those cauldrons working. You will need to brew 12 potions and use 15 to complete the special assignment.
wow! that'll take a lot of time :oops:

Wizdreamer

Auror
Feb 13, 2019
Melbourne
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Gryffindor
I'm still not in the extra level... don't know if I'd be able to finish the special assignment with so many potions to brew :(