There has been an influx of new information, footage and possibilities lately that probably left many a head reeling.
After so long speculating, we finally have some actual, proper information. And although we can’t yet download Wizards Unite, Niantic started the Beta period, making its first stop in New Zealand.
But we’ve been covering the Wizards Unite Gameplay for a while now, breaking it down into more manageable pieces so we can delve a little deeper. Locations, Professions, Foundables…And today we will go into the Registry.
Wizards Unite Registry
We received some information on the Wizards Unite Registry on the official gameplay release of March 11th. This information came from numerous sources, including Niantic, the official Wizards Unite site, and Pottermore.
Although a lot of new information has come out now that there is a Beta version available in New Zealand, we will not be adding those images to our post at the moment as per Niantic’s Terms of Service. There are many new images and even footage available online of the Beta version, so you can have a look for yourself. Please keep in mind that whatever is out there is part of the Beta version. It is not the finish product. As such, you might want to wait until the game is fully released and you can enjoy it in its finished form.
So after this note, let’s go back to today’s topic.
What is the Wizards Unite Registry?
The Wizards Unite Registry keeps track of all of our encounters and interactions with Traces of magic. Although Niantic only provided one Registry ‘location’, Hagrid’s Hut, there are many more.
Hagrid is, of course, linked to fantastic beasts. As you can see in the Registry image, the beasts are missing from the picture. Once we interact with them, they will appear in the Registry. Each of them need a different number of interactions to enter the Registry. For example, Hagrid needs to be rescued a single time to appear in the image. The Hippogriff, on the other hand, takes eleven interactions before it appears in the Registry.
Once all the creatures for that level appear in the image, we will be able to move on to a new, higher rank and receive the corresponding Rune. We can then use these Runes to enter Fortresses. Also, once we gain enough XP, the little suitcase on the right (see image above) will open to give us some valuable items.
In short, the Registry is made up of different locations sorted by theme. These locations show certain objects or beasts we need to rescue and return to their proper place through the use of Confoundables. In the image above we can see a line of Runes, each of them representing a Registry location.
The different groups
There will be a wide variety of objects we will interact with.
And much more
- Care of Magical Creatures (the light blue, beastly footprint Rune). This group includes beasts studied at Hogwarts and some found in the Forbidden Forest. From Centaurs to Hippogriffs. And, of course, Hagrid.
- Magizoology (the dark blue animal footprint Rune). Here we will collect some rarer beasts, such as Nifflers, Bowtruckles, or Demiguise.
- Magical Games and Sports (the Snitch Rune). To complete this group we will need to interact with and return sports equipment, such as Bludgers, Snitches, Beater bats, Nimbus2000 and even a Quidditch player or two.
- Mysterious Artefacts (the red Rune that resembles a lock). This will encompass magical items such as Time-Turners, Pensieves, and even Godric Gryffindor’s sword.
- Wonders of the Wizarding World (the star-shaped Rune). Here we can find some odd objects, like Mr Weasley’s Ford Anglia, the Hogwarts Express or the Whomping Willow.
- Ministry of Magic (the Rune with the M from the Ministry logo). This will include notable witches and wizards and objects from the Ministry Building. Including the dreaded Veil.
- Oddities (the purple Rune with a spell coming out of a wand). Here we will find rare creatures, such as werewolves, pixies and even centaurs.
- Legends of Hogwarts (the H Rune). This group will collect important characters from the books. Professor Snape, Dumbledore and Hedwig will be part of this.
- Dark Arts (the green skull Rune). We will find some prominent Death Eater figures in this group, along with memorable Dark objects, like the Hand of Glory.
- Hogwarts School (9 ¾ Rune). This group will gathersome of the most important school figures, from Professor McGonagall to Peeves or Fawkes.
The Registry will also include some special groups. These will be challenges, and will presumably depend on which level you are at. They will also be themed, but not in such broad categories as the groups mentioned above.
Everything we’ve seen of the game so far seems to indicate they put an enormous amount of care and thought in its development. I think that is something every Harry Potter fan will appreciate.
What do you think of the Registry so far? Are you excited about the different groups? Were you surprised that the first country to get the Beta version was not the UK? How long do you think it will take for the game to reach your area? Or to release worldwide? Let us know in the comments!
And check out some related threats in the Community Forum for more information about the Wizards Unite Beta version, some great Wutuber reactions and much more!
Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
We respect your privacy.
The post Wizards Unite Gameplay: Registry appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.