Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
Here at Accio Wizards Unite we are, above all, two geeky fans who love Harry Potter. And we’ve always enjoyed the community that surrounded this magical world from day one. Now, many years later, we decided to take a more active part in the community centred on Wizards Unite.

And as we set off, we met these wonderful creatures Newt definitely should have included in Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them. The WuTubers.

So here is our feature section, bringing you the best content and the best content creators in the wizarding world..

wutubers-e1556112863488.png

Prolific PokeFodder

Anyone playing AR games has probably seen PokeFodder around, be it on Twitter or his Youtube Channel. He covers not only Wizards Unite, but also Pokémon and Jurassic World Alive. And somehow he manages to find and share relevant information on all of them more often than any of us could ever hope to.

So here’s our chance to get to know him a little better. Let’s see if we can help him along on his quest to reach 10,000 followers!

Getting to know Pokefodder

• Tell us a little about yourself

My name is Michael, and I’m from Orange County, California.

• Why did you choose your channel name and social media handle?

I wanted Fodder because “fodder” is something which is expendable, not worth saving. But I guess it is also a bad word in some languages and was blocked/taken on most (all?) social media outlets. Since I was going to cover Pokemon Duel, I just dropped “Poke” in front of “Fodder”. Really dumb branding strategy in hindsight…

• What’s your Hogwarts House? What do you think it says about you?

Ravenclaw. It says, “this guy likes the color blue!” Haha

The Harry Potter Community

• How and around what age did you get into Harry Potter?

I’m not a die-hard Harry Potter fan. I’ve been aware of it since the movies launched in the US but in no way can I recite any of the movies line-for-line.

• What do you like most about the Potterverse?

I like the blending of the fake (Wizarding World) in with the real world. Sometimes you see something and wonder…”Did I just see that, really?” and it almost feels like there is something else happening around us which we are completely unaware of.

• What do you think about the Harry Potter fan community? Do you think it’s different from other Fandoms?

It is like most other pop-culture fandoms. You have your die-hards who know EVERYTHING about the Wizarding World and then you have the more casual fans who appreciate great storytelling and the opportunity to get lost in a make believe world from time to time. And each subculture needs both types of people to thrive for the long haul.

The Life of a WuTuber

• Being a WUtuber is a lot of work. What made you decide to start your channel? And why Wizards Unite?

I started my channel because I loved what Trainer Tips was able to do with his channel but I didn’t have enough courage to cover Pokemon Go. I started with Pokemon Duel. But even then, I knew the vlog style videos were where my passion was. I used Pokemon Duel to get comfortable “talking to nobody” and creating videos until I saw an opportunity to transition into something bigger.

When Jurassic World Alive was launched, I knew that would be where I learned to talk to a camera in public as my final preparation for Wizards Unite’s launch. I love geolocation games. They just add something so unique to the gaming experience that typical console games cannot provide. For as much backlash as Niantic gets over Pokemon Go, I feel like they are still so far ahead of the curve in the AR/geolocation gaming space that I am eager to cover their newest project.

The road to success

• What would you like people to know about your channel? What makes it special?

As I close in on 10k subs, I feel like my channel can serve as a success story for everyone out there who wants to chase their passion but is too afraid they won’t be good enough. Where I started was somewhere completely different than where I wanted to go but I knew it all had to start with the first step. I am 100% supportive of anyone who wants to create content – of any kind – and if someone can look at my channel and say, “I can do better than him!” then I want to help them do just that.

• What are you looking forward to the most about Wizards Unite?

I’m looking forward to being on the ground floor of something which has the potential to do so much good in the world. I love Niantic’s mission of getting people out of their comfort zone, exploring the world around them, and make new friends along the way. If Wizards Unite does even 1/50th of what Pokemon Go has done in terms of uniting a gaming community, I’m hopeful that I can be one of the driving forces.

• What are your plans for the channel once the game is out?

My channel will be a daily vlog of the game with numerous opportunities to travel outside of Los Angeles, showing people what the game is like in other parts of the world through my eyes.

• Anything else you’d like to share?

At some point in the not-too-distant-future, I have a bombshell of information to share with my viewers.

Some fantastic Wizards Unite Videos

• Links to some of your favourite videos and some words about why you chose them.

Video #1: This is the very first video I ever did for YouTube. It keeps me humble and serves as a reminder of where I started my journey. People can learn a lot from this video like, your first video is going to suck, but do it anyway.

Video #2: I remember trying to film this video vividly because I was so uncomfortable being out in a public place trying to talk to a camera and walk around. I must have done 30 takes on the information and at the end of the day, it was shorter than a six-minute video. This was a learning day for me.

Video #3: This might be my favorite video I have ever done. I was recording in downtown Los Angeles and doing a challenge with Pocemon (who was just starting his channel). The challenge had a time limit so I was forced to not worry about everyone around me and just be myself. My energy was great and the video turned out amazing.

How to find and follow PokeFodder

Here are a few places where you can find PokeFodder and his wonderful content. If you’re not following him yet, here is your chance!

PokeFodder and the Online Community

We’ve asked around, and people out there seem to like PokeFodder and his videos! So we asked them to tell us what they thought. Here are some of the replies!

• @TheZealman said: Super chill! He is great at presenting information in a clear and simple way 1f642.png
  • @SlytherrWin told us: @PokeFodder is incredible at finding relevant and exciting things happening with #WizardsUnite Didn’t he leak the NZ beta before it happened?? 1f92b.png
  • @SnitchesWitch had this to say: Not only does he have good information, he is putting out thin content like CRAZY! #goals
  • @TheInfamousJJ said: I like the way he gives info. He makes it understandable. I feel he is very well spoken.
  • And most importantly, here is what @PokeFodder had to say: Wait. People “love” my content? This I’VE gotta hear…
So now what?

Well, here’s what you can, and should, do now.

The first is quite obvious, go and follow PokeFodder on all platforms.

Then, most importantly, jump over to his youtube channel and check out his videos. Not only will you get a ton of info about Wizards Unite, he may even manage to hook you to one of the other AR games…

And, of course, remember to give the videos a like and leave a comment!
Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
We respect your privacy.

The post Wonderful Wutubers: PokeFodder appeared first on Accio Wizards Unite.

oizar

Auror
Feb 14, 2019
Profession
Auror
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
FriendsCode
Nice interview, I was already following him :)

Feb 14, 2019
Very interesting and nicely covered. (y)
This is a great success story and it will definitely prove to be a motivation for others out there. Just followed PokeFodder on all the platforms.

Feb 28, 2019
Woah, Cool. I enjoyed his branding strategy :LOL:. But still, I guess he came up with a creative name, that sounds good! Ok, I will follow him.

Mar 11, 2019
I have watched couple of his videos. The way he presents the things is very nice and the quality of this content is also great. Thanks to you PokeFodder!