Worried about the iphone issue on wizards unite

Sigmaringen

Apr 9, 2019
Worried about the iphone issue on wizards unite

Hi! Another one worried about the lack of news from niantic on the wizards unite compatibility with apple smartphones...

Reactions: TheWizardsGuide

TheWizardsGuide

WUtuber
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, TN
www.youtube.com
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
I don't think you have anything to worry about - there is no way they would release this game JUST to half of the mobile market...iOS takes up too much of the chunk of the mobile market to not release to iPhone devices. I think they are just waiting to put the app in the iOS store until they are comfortable with a release. I think they will add it to the store and a few weeks later, it will release. iOS tends to have a more strict guideline on the timeline for games to sit in "pre-registration" status in their store compared to Google Play.

OH AND WELCOME!!!

giphy.gif

TheWizardsGuide

WUtuber
Feb 13, 2019
Nashville, TN
www.youtube.com
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Hufflepuff
@TheWizardsGuide, your point is valid and there is a big market share of Apple smartphones and other products. But still there is no sign/news of WU regarding Apple products.
True, nothing official regarding WizU, but both of Niantic's other games are on both systems and I can probably guess most of WBGames fall into that same boat. There isn't anything that leads me to believe any differently for WizU. BUT, point is still valid, nothing has been said yet officially haha.

Reactions: Samantuchy
Feb 14, 2019
What I think is that they (Niantic) are waiting for the game to be more matured :unsure:, as Iphone market has one of the biggest share with the most premium users.

Reactions: Samantuchy

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
My thoughts on the iPhone issue are similar to what @TheWizardsGuide said, I mentioned something like this in the iPhone post, but basically I think Niantic found a way around the 90day rule for Android but couldn't do the same for iOS, if they absolutely have to release within 90 days in the App Store it's normal for them to be more hesitant and wait until they're sure about the date. Also, the workaround on Android might involve the beta testing being considered release somehow. So maybe they'll beta on Android first and see how it goes before going into iOS.

Reactions: TheWizardsGuide
Feb 14, 2019
So, @Samantuchy, what you are saying is that there will be no Beta version of WU on IOS, right?
Do you know how many days an app can sit in App Store before release?

Samantuchy

Staff member
WUtuber
Professor
Feb 13, 2019
acciowizardsunite.com
Profession
Professor
School
Hogwarts
Houses
Ravenclaw, Thunderbird
So, @Samantuchy, what you are saying is that there will be no Beta version of WU on IOS, right?
Do you know how many days an app can sit in App Store before release?
App Store rules say that apps have to be released everywhere they became available for pre-register within 90 days. So the moment the App goes into pre-registration that's a clock that starts ticking.
Now here I'm speculating just like everyone else, I think the reason why it's up for Android is because they found a way to bend the 90-day rule. Which means, at least to me, that if they need serious beta testing before the game is out, android is the way to go. It seems like the best option for a more lengthy beta period without risking the app being taken down from its pre-reg and losing all the user data (and us having to wait until it's up again and register again. As a general rule people tend to fall on the lazy side, so many users wouldn't be happy about it).

So what I'm guessing is they won't open pre-reg for iOs until they are 100% sure they can release worldwide within the time limit. That's why I think beta testing will, at least at first, go to Android users. But again, just speculating here. Hope that helped :D

Reactions: casafei
Feb 14, 2019
Yes Ma'am got it. It really helped! (y)
Tell me one thing @Samantuchy , have you been teaching to some class?
I mean, they way you elaborate the things and answer the different questions is simply Awesome! ?