Once again, this Community Day comes in a month filled with special events. There Calamity never rests! This time it seems Hagrid will be the focus of the December Community Day. Some strong Confoundable Magic swept away a few lovely beasties from Hagrid’s Hut Registry Page, and he needs our help to return them to their proper place. Let’s have a look at what’s coming our way.
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
When is it happening?
Thankfully (at least in my opinion since I missed the last CD), this Community Day moves back to a Saturday. That’s December 14th from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. local time. This month the Community Day will fall in the week-long break between Brilliant Events.
As with the two previous Community Days, we will all be playing from 11 to 2 local time, which means some countries will have their Community Day well before others.
Of course, we’ll be getting our first impressions from those players farthest to the east. This is great news for those of us in later time-zones since it will give developers time to fix any possible bug before the event kicks off in the next area. Not so great for those in the Asia-Pacific zone, which sometimes function as our guinea pigs.
October’s Community Day had to be rescheduled in the first two time-zones due to bugs in the game, after all, which were fixed in time for most other players to enjoy the event.
November’s Community Day also ran into some trouble when the developers didn’t take into account many countries (mostly in Europe) were already on Daylight Saving Time. This meant the three hours of the Community Day began (and in many cases ended) an hour earlier than expected. Many issues ensued.
What are we getting?
Like we mentioned in the title, this month’s Community Day will focus on a specific Registry Page, much like it did during the Legends of Hogwarts Event that focused on the Potions Classroom Registry Page Foundables.
This time the Foundables popping up more frequently on the map will be from the Care of Magical Creatures Family Tree. But only those on the Hagrid’s Hut Registry Page.
That means we will see more of Hagrid, Baby Norwegian Ridgeback and Buckbeak on the map.
The Special Portkeys
For the first time since the game launched, we will have special Portkey Portmanteaus during Community Day. There will be two new types of Portkeys:
- A blue 1KM Portkey Portmanteau will reward Abraxan Winged Horse Foundable Fragments.
- A white 1KM Portkey Portmanteau will reward Hagrid’s Hut Foundable Fragments.
In addition to these new Portmanteaus, all Portkey walking distance will be reduced by 50% during the December Community Day. So if you have Silver Keys to spare this might be a great time to clear out some Portkeys and get some nice rewards in half the time.
The Potion Perks
While this Community Day won’t speed the brewing time of any of the Potions we will get some nice perks nonetheless.
- Tonic for Trace Detection will increase the chance of encountering Hagrid Foundables.
- Baruffio’s Brain Elixir will grant 3x Wizard XP (instead of the usual 2x)
The Fortress Foundables
This Community Day will also give us a unique chance to complete, and Prestige, our Registry pages.
Thanks to those special Portkeys we will get a chance to collect more fragments of two Foundables that only come as Wizarding Challenge rewards.
That is, of course, the Abraxan Winged Horse and Hagrid’s Hut. Fortress Foundables are quite difficult to obtain, so this Community Day will give us the opportunity to complete those Foundables and, with a little luck, Prestige Hagrid’s Hut Registry Page.
The Extra Energy
During this December Community Day we won’t be receiving any Spell Energy in the Complimentary Bundle. However, we will find Spell Energy on the map. So it’s important to keep an eye out while hunting those Foundables so we can go longer and have more chances to return high-level threat Foundables such as Hagrid himself.
The Complimentary Gift
This community day we will receive a Complimentary Gift that will give us 2 Silver Keys and 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion.
As always, the limit is one per player. If they use the same system as they did during the previous Community Day, this Complimentary Gift may only be available during the three hours the event lasts in your area, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for the icon on the screen or head over to Diagon Alley (via the Suitcase) to claim yours.
The December Community Day Tasks
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
Just like it happened in November, we will receive a set of tasks to complete during Community Day and get even more amazing rewards! Here are the tasks we will have to complete and their rewards:
- Obtain 5 Portkeys by unlocking Portmanteaus – 250 XP
- Return 3 Hagrid Foundables – 250 XP
- Return 5 Buckbeak Foundables – 250 XP
- Return 10 Care of Magical Creatures Foundables – 250 XP
- Use 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixit – 50XP
Special Assignment rewards: 3 Red Spell Books and 40 Gold Coins.
December Community Day Tips
Community Days only last three hours. It’s important to be prepared so we can make the most of the time and, in this case, hopefully complete and Prestige the Hagrid’s Hut Registry Page..
Here are our tips for this Community Day:
Choose your actions carefully
- Always keep at least one Community Day Portkey going. They will open very fast and will give us rare Foundables.
- Check which Foundables you need and don’t hesitate to escape an encounter if you already have all the Fragments you need. You’ll want to prioritise the Foundables you haven’t completed.
- Hagrid is an emergency-level threat. He’ll be easy to stop thanks to the red beam of light on the icon. emergency-level Foundables give you a nice chunk of XP. Never pass up a chance to return him.
- Remember Baruffio’s will triple XP. Make sure you use one if you have it. Especially if you manage to Prestige since you will get the First Encounter bonus XP afterwards.
- If you are in an area with few Foundables remember to use the Tonic for Trace Detection. If you have enough in stock you might want to use the Tonic regardless of where you are. Especially since it will increase your chances of finding featured Foundables, including Hagrid.
- Exstimulos and Dawdle Draughts are your friends. Use them if you want better odds at catching the Foundables (or simply want to spend less energy casting unsuccessful spells)
- Remember multiple-attempt Potions will carry to the next encounter if you don’t use them up. This includes all Exstimulo Potions.
Be ready for anything
- Start off with a fully charged phone
- Bring a battery pack along if you think you might need it
- Check the weather before you head out. Dress accordingly.
- Stay safe. If the weather is too bad to go out, don’t. There will be other events. The Ministry of Magic will understand.
Make it awesome!
- Don’t be shy. It might seem daunting, but if you see someone playing Wizards Unite try to approach them. Us Potterheads are a friendly bunch. You’ll feel awkward for a moment or two, then make new friends to play with in your area. Also, wearing something Harry Potter-related might help other players spot you!
- Convert those Muggles! They can be our allies. And they will come in handy when we’re short a player and want to venture into a Fortress or need some more friends to send us Gifts.
- And most importantly, Have fun! Stay true to the spirit of the game (and the source material). Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it afterwards!
And that’s what’s coming this Community Day!
Are you as excited as we are? Have you been enjoying the last few events as much as we have? Do you have any tips that we missed? Or maybe want to share your experience with the game and the events? Let us know in the comments!
Also, here’s a quick guide to Community Days for Wizards Unite Beginners you might find useful.
Are you part of a Local Community? Don’t forget to add it to our Local Community Map so other players in your area can find you!
And you can also add your Friend Code to this map so other players can add you as a friend in the game.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!