As the 12 Tasks of Christmas Event comes to a close, a new one begins. This is not a Brilliant Event, though. Frosty Foundables is a themed week in which we will have a better chance to find a select few Foundables and get a few special perks along the way. Let’s check it out!
The Frosty date and time
This new event will run a full week, starting on Tuesday January 7th 2020 and ending on Tuesday January 14th 2020. This event will not run on local time. It will start and end at 11 A.M. PST, so you might need to check at what time it’s starting in your area (it should be at the same time Brilliant Events kick off).
The Frosty Foundables
This event will focus on those Foundables that are trapped by a specific Confoundable: the block of ice. These Confoundables will appear more often than usual. In each case you will need to successfully cast Incendio in order to recover them, so I hope your casting abilities with this particular spell are better than mine.
The Foundables trapped in Ice Confoundables are:
- Hippogriff – Care of Magical Creatures Family
- Hag – Dark Arts Family
- Hufflepuff Student – Hogwarts School Family
- Harry and Parvati – Legends of Hogwarts Family
- Ministry Official – Ministry of Magic Family
- Quidditch Keeper Ron – Magical Games and Sports Family
- Nimbus 2000 – Magical Games and Sports Family
- Hufflepuff Student – Hogwarts School Family
The Extra Perks
During this week-long frosty event we will have a few extra perks on top of the sometimes rare Foundables that will be popping up more often on our map.
- All featured Foundables will give us an increased amount of XP.
- Tonic for Trace Detection will summon even more rare Foundables trapped in Ice Confoundables.
- Baruffio’s Brain Elixir will last for a whole hour instead of 30 minutes.
The Gifts and Bundle
During the event we can get a complimentary gift consisting of 50 Spell Energy and a Potent Exstimulo Potion. You can find this gift, as per usual, by going to Diagon Alley (in the Suitcase, shopping cart icon on the top-right corner).
A special SOS Bundle will also be available for purchase. Costing 420 Gold Coins, this bundle contains 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions, 2 Tonic for Trace Detection and a Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. Players can buy a total of 5 SOS Bundles.
Some Frosty Tips
There are no tasks to complete during this event, but you might still want to make sure you will make the most of the opportunity. So here are a few tips that might come in handy.
- Check your Registry. If you have completed all the featured Foundable fragments you might want to try to prestige that page. That way you can get some extra XP (first-sighting bonus resets after prestiging) and get a few fragments in while these rare Foundables abound.
- Plan ahead before using a Baruffio. This potion will last twice as long as it usually does. Make sure you will be able to play for the whole hour before downing one so you won’t waste any potion time.
- The Tonic for Trace detection will get you more rare featured Foundables but still only lasts 30 minutes. You might want to make sure you have enough available and use two back to back along with one Baruffio.
- As always, if you’re planning on using a Baruffio consider saving your unlocked Portkeys until the potion is active to double your XP rewards.
Remember that if you walk into a Portkey, tap on one Wrackspurt and then run away (fleeing figure icon on the top-left), you will go straight to the rewards page and will save quite a bit of time. The rewards you receive are determined by the first Wrackspurt you collect so you will receive the same rewards whether you stay or flee. This is especially useful when using Baruffio so as to not waste precious minutes.
- Make sure you have enough battery power or bring along an extra battery pack. You don’t want your phone to die while the Calamity is in full force. Plus, you don’t want to miss out on rare Foundables.
- Don’t forget it’s not only the Foundables that are cold. If it’s winter in your area make sure you grab a nice, comfy jacket. Or put on a Weasley Jumper if you have one!
- If you see other Task Force members out and about don’t be shy! Approach them, get through the possibly awkward first minute and make a new Potterhead friend!
- And, as always, the most important one: Have Fun!
And that’s all Folks!
Are you as excited for a new year with Wizards Unite? Are you looking forward to this first event of the year? Let us know in the comments!
Make sure you’re ready to make the most of the event, add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!
We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!
If you have any more tips for new players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to hear from you.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog to get our best Calamity-proof owls sent your way every time there’s a new post.
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!