It’s almost time for our first Community Day of the year. This month our map will fill with some very special, and quite rare, Foundables for three wonderful hours. It will be a great chance to get some serious XP and maybe even prestige some Wonders of the Wizarding World Registry Pages. Let’s check out the details!
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
When is it happening?
It looks like Community Days are sticking to Saturdays. This time the event will take place on Saturday 18th of January from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. local time. This month the Community Day between event, a few days after the Frosty Event ends and just three days before the next Brilliant Event kicks off.
As with the two previous Community Days, we will all be playing from 11 to 2 local time, which means some countries will have their Community Day well before others.
Of course, we’ll be getting our first impressions from those players farthest to the east. This is great news for those of us in later time-zones since it will give developers time to fix any possible bug before the event kicks off in the next area. Not so great for those in the Asia-Pacific zone, which sometimes function as our guinea pigs.
October’s Community Day had to be rescheduled in the first two time-zones due to bugs in the game, after all, which were fixed in time for most other players to enjoy the event.
November’s Community Day also ran into some trouble when the developers didn’t take into account many countries (mostly in Europe) were already on Daylight Saving Time. This meant the three hours of the Community Day began (and in many cases ended) an hour earlier than expected. Many issues ensued.
Here’s hoping January’s Community Day will run as smoothly as December’s did!
What are we getting?
Like we mentioned in the title, this month’s Community Day will focus on a specific Registry Family, in this case Wonders of the Wizarding World.
While not all Foundables from this Registry Family will be featured, most of them will show up quite frequently. In this case we will have an increased chance to find all the items in Room of Requirement IV Registry page and a few more from the family. Specifically:
- Self-playing Harp
- Dirigible Plum
- Crystal Ball
- Music Box
- Whomping Willow
- Weasley’s Flying Car
- Foe Glass
The other perks
During the event all landmarks will be turned off, which means we won’t see ‘marked’ areas and our Foundables will appear everywhere.
Dark Detectors will increase our chances of finding these traces even more, lasting a full hour instead of their usual 30 minutes.
And since many, many of the featured Foundables are quite rare and high-level, we will get a three-hour window in which they will be less likely to depart while we are fighting to return them to their rightful place.
This time we will also have some potions brewing faster while another one will last twice as long:
- Exstimulo Potion will brew in 1 hour (30 minutes using Master Notes)
- Strong Exstimulo Potion will brew in 2 hours (1 hour using Master Notes)
- Potent Exstimulo Potion will brew in 4 hours (2 hours using Master Notes)
- Tonic for Trace Detection will last for one hour and increase the chance of encountering featured Foundables.
And just in case you need a quick refresher, here are the ingredients and Master Notes for all Exstimulo Potions. Note brewing times listed are the usual ones, while the above mentioned will be only available during the three hours the event lasts.
The Extra Energy
During this Community Day we will be receiving 25 Spell Energy in the Complimentary Bundle. However, we will also find Spell Energy on the map. So it’s important to keep an eye out while hunting those Foundables so we can go longer and have more chances to return high-level threat Foundables such as the evasive Whomping Willow.
The Complimentary Gift
This community day we will receive a Complimentary Gift that will give us one Tonic for Trace Detection, all the necessary ingredients to brew a Potent Exstimulo Potion and 25 Spell Energy.
As always, the limit is one per player. If they use the same system as they did during the previous Community Day, this Complimentary Gift may only be available during the three hours the event lasts in your area, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for the icon on the screen or head over to Diagon Alley (via the Suitcase) to claim yours.
The Community Day Bundle
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
Apart from the free bundle we mentioned above, there will be a special, Community Day Bundle available for purchase. Costing 420 Gold Coins, this bundle contains 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions, 1 Tonic for Trace Detection, 1 Dark Detector and 15 Spell Energy. We can purchase a maximum of five bundles per player.
The December Community Day Tasks
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
We will receive a set of tasks to complete during Community Day and get even more amazing rewards! Considering the tasks are always achievable, it looks like those featured Foundables will come in large numbers…Here are the tasks we will have to complete and their rewards:
- Return 5 Whomping Willow Foundables – Knight Bus Fragment
- Return 5 Foe-Glass Foundables – Knight Bus Fragment
- Return 15 Medium-Threat Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables – Knight Bus Fragment
- Return 30 Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables – Knight Bus Fragment
- Use 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions – Knight Bus Fragment
- Use 1 Tonic for Trace Detection – Knight Bus Fragment
Special Assignment rewards: 3 Red Spell Books, 40 Gold Coins and 100 Wonders of the Wizarding World Family XP.
January Community Day Tips
Community Days only last three hours. It’s important to be prepared so we can make the most of the time and, in this case, hopefully complete and Prestige some Wonders of the Wizarding World Registry Pages.
Here are our tips for this Community Day:
Choose your actions carefully
- Check which Foundables you need and don’t hesitate to escape an encounter if you already have all that sticker or are low on Spell Energy. You’ll want to prioritise the Foundables you haven’t completed.
- Many of these featured Foundables are an emergency-level threat. they’ll be easy to spot thanks to the red beam of light on the icon. Emergency-level Foundables give you a nice chunk of XP. Never pass up a chance to return them.
- Remember Tonics for Trace Detection and Dark Detectors will last a whole hour.
- Keep in mind that, if you want to use more than one Dark Detector, it’s reportedly better to use two or three in one Inn than split them one per Inn.
- If you are in an area with few Foundables remember to use the Tonic for Trace Detection. If you have enough in stock you might want to use the Tonic regardless of where you are. Especially since it will increase your chances of finding featured Foundables.
- Exstimulos and Dawdle Draughts are your friends. Use them if you want better odds at catching the Foundables (or simply want to spend less energy casting unsuccessful spells)
- Remember multiple-attempt Potions will carry to the next encounter if you don’t use them up. This includes all Exstimulo Potions.
- Make sure to stock up on ingredients if you plan to take advantage of the faster brewing times for Extimulos. You might also want to consider renting a cauldron (15 Gold Coins for 3 hours) to brew twice as much.
- Remember this month’s tasks have a total of 6 Knight Bus fragments as rewards for completion. If you have that Foundable already complete you might want to consider trying to Prestige the page before collecting the rewards.
Be ready for anything
- Start off with a fully charged phone
- Bring a battery pack along if you think you might need it
- Check the weather before you head out. Dress accordingly.
- Stay safe. If the weather is too bad to go out, don’t. There will be other events. The Ministry of Magic will understand.
Make it awesome!
- Don’t be shy. It might seem daunting, but if you see someone playing Wizards Unite try to approach them. Us Potterheads are a friendly bunch. You’ll feel awkward for a moment or two, then make new friends to play with in your area. Also, wearing something Harry Potter-related might help other players spot you!
- Convert those Muggles! They can be our allies. And they will come in handy when we’re short a player and want to venture into a Fortress or need some more friends to send us Gifts.
- And most importantly, Have fun! Stay true to the spirit of the game (and the source material). Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it afterwards!
And that’s what’s coming this Community Day!
Are you as excited as we are? Have you been enjoying the last few events as much as we have? Do you have any tips that we missed? Or maybe want to share your experience with the game and the events? Let us know in the comments!
Also, here’s a quick guide to Community Days for Wizards Unite Beginners you might find useful.
Are you part of a Local Community? Don’t forget to add it to our Local Community Map so other players in your area can find you!
And you can also add your Friend Code to this map so other players can add you as a friend in the game.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!