It’s almost time for the next Community Day. This month our map will fill with some very special, and quite rare, Foundables for a full day. It will be a great chance to get some serious XP and hopefully even prestige the Dumbledore’s Office Registry Pages. Let’s check out the details!
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
When is it happening?
Once more, this Play-From-Home Community Day will last a full 24hs. The event starts at 12.01 A.M. Saturday 13th of June and ends at 11.59 P.M. local time.
What are we getting?
Like we mentioned in the title, this month’s Community Day will focus on a specific Registry Family Page, in this case Dumbledore’s Office, from the Mysterious Artefacts Registry Family.
This page has quite a few rare or high level threat Foundables, so it’s a unique chance to work on completing and prestiging Dumbledore’s Office.
The boosted Foundables that will show up on the map are:
- Dumbledore’s Memory Cabinet
- Mirror of Erised
- Philosopher’s Stone
Along with those Foundables, we’ll also get a chance to find the last item in that Registry Page: The Sword of Gryffindor. There are two ways to get our hands on this Foundable:
- Special 1KM Blue Portkeys. Each one of those Portkeys will yield the Sword, guaranteed.
- Mysterious Artefacts in Wizarding Challenges. While not a guaranteed find, there will be an increased chance to find these Fragments when using Mysterious Artefacts Runestones.
The other perks
During the event the Tonic for Trace Detection will work even better than usual, revealing more Community Day Traces. It’s brewing time will also speed quite a bit. During all of Saturday the Tonic’s brewing time will go down from its usual 7 hours to 1 hour, with Master Notes still cutting down that time by half.
This means we can brew the Tonic in just 30 minutes (or 27 minutes using the Rental Cauldron). This might be a great time to replenish our Potions Vault (moreso since we just got an expansion earlier this week with the latest Complimentary Gift (in response to the Registry oopsie after the last update).
And just in case you need a quick refresher, here are the ingredients and Master Notes for the Tonic for Trace Detection.
The Complimentary Gift and Community Day Bundle
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
This community day we will receive a Complimentary Gift that will give us ingredients to brew one Tonic for Trace Detection and 25 Spell Energy.
As always, the limit is one per player. Also keep in mind that this Complimentary Gift will only be available during the hours the event lasts in your area, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for the icon on the screen or head over to Diagon Alley (via the Suitcase) to claim yours (this comes from someone who waited to be low on energy before claiming hers during the last Community Day and then forgot to, so heed my warning).
Apart from the free bundle we mentioned above, there will be a special, Community Day Bundle available for purchase. Costing 420 Gold Coins, this bundle contains 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions, 5 Healing Potions, 5 Lv3 Mysterious Artefacts Runestones and 5 Lv4 Mysterious Artefacts Runestones. We can purchase a maximum of five bundles per player.
The June Community Day Tasks
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
We will receive a set of tasks to complete during Community Day and get even more rewards! Here are the tasks we will have to complete and their rewards:
- Earn 800 mysterious Artefacts Family XP – 1 Potent Exstimulo Potion
- Use 3 Potions in Wizarding Challenges – 1 Dawdle Draught
- Return 15 Dumbledore’s Memory Cabinet – 1 Invigoration Draught
- Return 10 Mirror of Erised Foundables – 2 Lovage ingredients
- Return 10 Pensieve Foundables – 2 Sneezewort ingredients
- Return 5 Philosopher’s Stone – 1 Armadillo Bile ingredient
Special Assignment rewards: 3 Red Spell Books, 40 Gold Coins and 200 XP and 20 Spell Energy.
June Community Day Tips
With the current world situation in mind, these Community Days were specifically designed for us to complete from the safety of our homes if necessary. However, heading out (when allowed and always safely) will help you at the very least find and walk those Portkeys and grab enough Spell Energy to make it through a day of Calamity-battling.
Here are our tips for this Community Day:
Choose your actions carefully
- While we can now Prestige a single Foundable instead of having to wait until to complete the full Registry Page, it’s definitely best to hold out on doing so until you have all the fragments needed for a full Prestige. This way you can get to bronze, silver or even gold much faster, especially considering how rare most of the featured items are.
- Many of these featured Foundables are an emergency-level threat. they’ll be easy to spot thanks to the red beam of light on the icon. Emergency-level Foundables give you a nice chunk of XP. Never pass up a chance to return them.
- Remember Tonics for Trace Detection and Dawdle Draught are your friends.
- Keep in mind that, if you want to use more than one Dark Detector, it’s reportedly better to use two or three in one Inn than split them one per Inn.
- If you are in an area with few Foundables remember to use the Tonic for Trace Detection. If you have enough in stock you might want to use the Tonic regardless of where you are. Especially since it will increase your chances of finding featured Foundables.
- Grab as many 1KM Portkeys as you can. Even if you don’t have Silver Keys and need to walk them one at a time, the reward Fragment is worth it.
- Remember multiple-attempt Potions will carry to the next encounter if you don’t use them up. This includes all Exstimulo Potions, which are extremely useful when facing high-threat Foundables, and Dawdle Draught to keep those Traces in place.
- Remember there’s an increased chance of receiving the Sword of Gryffindor when using Mysterious Artefacts Runestones. As always, the higher the Chamber the higher your chances of getting a Registry Fragment as a reward.
Be ready for anything
- Start off with a fully charged phone
- Bring a battery pack along if you are heading out and think you might need it.
- Check the weather before you head out. Dress accordingly.
- Stay safe. There are many, many things happening at the moment. Things more important than Community Day. Be careful.
- And most importantly, Have fun! Stay true to the spirit of the game (and the source material). Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it afterwards!
And that’s what’s coming this Community Day!
Are you as excited as we are? Have you been enjoying the last few events as much as we have? Do you have any tips that we missed? Or maybe want to share your experience with the game and the events? Let us know in the comments!
Also, here’s a quick guide to Community Days for Wizards Unite Beginners you might find useful.
Are you part of a Local Community? Don’t forget to add it to our Local Community Map so other players in your area can find you!
And you can also add your Friend Code to this map so other players can add you as a friend in the game.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!