Tonic for Trace Detection will continue to take the usual 7 hours (or 3.5 hs using Master Notes) during the June Wizarding Weekend)
The second Wizarding Weekend fast approaches, and this time we’re heading back to Hogwarts! Let’s check out all the details and get ready to work that Registry and help the Ministry keep a lid on our existence!
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
When is it happening?
Much like the name implies, this Wizards Unite extravaganza will run for a whole weekend. More specifically from 11 A.M, (PDT) on Friday 26th to 11 A.M. on Monday 29th. Keep in mind it won’t run in local time like Community Day but will instead be live for everyone at the same time, much like Brilliant Events.
What are we getting?
Like we mentioned in the title, this month’s Wizarding Weekend will focus on a specific Registry Family, in this case Hogwarts School.
This page has quite a few rare or high level threat Foundables, so it’s a unique chance to work on completing and prestiging all four pages.
The boosted Hogwarts School Foundables that will show up on the map are:
- Gryffindor Student
- Portrait of Albus Dumbledore
- Poetrait of Rowena Ravenclaw
- Sorting Hat
- Minerva McGonagall
The other perks
During the event the boosted Foundables might drop a Hogwarts School Runestone (level 1-3) as a reward when returned.
The Tonic for Trace Detection will also reveal the featured Foundables more often. There were news of the Tonic brewing in 30 minutes as well, but it seems that was incorrect.
The Complimentary Gift and S.O.S. Bundle
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
This Wizarding Weekend we will receive a Complimentary Gift that will give us ingredients to brew one Tonic for Trace Detection, one Lv 1 Hogwarts School Runestone and 50 Spell Energy.
As always, the limit is one per player. Also keep in mind that this Complimentary Gift will only be available during the Wizarding Weekend, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for the icon on the screen or head over to Diagon Alley (via the Suitcase) to claim yours (this comes from someone who waited to be low on energy before claiming hers during May Community Day and then forgot to, so heed my warning).
Apart from the free bundle we mentioned above, there will be a special, S.O.S. Bundle available for purchase. Costing 480 Gold Coins, this bundle contains 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions, 5 Lv 5 Hogwarts School Runestones and 100 Spell Energy. We can purchase a maximum of five bundles per player.
The June Wizarding Weekend Tasks
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
We will receive a set of tasks to complete during Wizarding Weekend and get even more rewards! Here are the tasks we will have to complete and their rewards:
- Use Tonic for Trace Detection twice – 5 Lv 1 Hogwarts School Runestones
- Earn 800 Hogwarts School Family XP – 1 Baruffio’s Brain Elixir
- Use 10 Hogwarts School Runestones – 1 Dawdle Draught
- Return 15 Portrait of Rowena Ravenclaw Foundables – 1 Lv 2 Hogwarts School Runestones
- Return 10 Sorting Hat Foundables – 1 Lv 3 Hogwarts School Runestones
- Return 5 Minerva McGonagall Foundables – 2 Lv 4 Hogwarts School Runestones
Special Assignment rewards: 200 Hogwarts School Family XP, 3 Red Spell Books, 1 Silver Key, 1 Wit-Sharpening Potion and 20 Spell Energy.
June Wizarding Weekend Tips
With the current world situation in mind, these special events were specifically designed for us to complete from the safety of our homes if necessary. However, heading out (when allowed and always safely) will help you at the very least find more Traces in the wild and grab enough Spell Energy to make it through a weekend of Calamity-battling.
Here are our tips for this Wizarding Weekend:
Choose your actions carefully
- While we can now Prestige a single Foundable instead of having to wait until to complete the full Registry Page, it’s definitely best to hold out on doing so until you have all the fragments needed for a full Prestige. This way you can get to bronze, silver or even gold much faster, especially considering how rare most of the featured items are.
- Many of these featured Foundables are an high-level threat. they’ll be easy to spot thanks to the beam of light on the icon. Emergency-level Foundables give you a nice chunk of XP. Never pass up a chance to return them.
- Remember Tonics for Trace Detection, Exstimulo Potions and Dawdle Draught are your friends.
- Keep in mind that, if you want to use more than one Dark Detector, it’s reportedly better to use two or three in one Inn than split them one per Inn.
- If you are in an area with few Foundables remember to use the Tonic for Trace Detection. If you have enough in stock you might want to use the Tonic regardless of where you are. Especially since it will increase your chances of finding featured Foundables.
- Remember multiple-attempt Potions will carry to the next encounter if you don’t use them up. This includes all Exstimulo Potions, which are extremely useful when facing high-threat Foundables, and Dawdle Draught to keep those Traces in place.
Be ready for anything
- Start off with a fully charged phone
- Bring a battery pack along if you are heading out and think you might need it.
- Check the weather before you head out. Dress accordingly.
- Stay safe. There are many, many things happening at the moment. Things more important than this Wizarding Weekend. Be careful.
- And most importantly, Have fun! Stay true to the spirit of the game (and the source material). Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it afterwards!
And that’s what’s coming this June Wizarding Weekend!
Are you as excited as we are? Have you been enjoying the last few events as much as we have? Do you have any tips that we missed? Or maybe want to share your experience with the game and the events? Let us know in the comments!
Are you part of a Local Community? Don’t forget to add it to our Local Community Map so other players in your area can find you!
And you can also add your Friend Code to this map so other players can add you as a friend in the game.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!