It’s almost time for the very last part of this Dark Arts Month. After two Brilliant Events, an amazing Community Day, and a whole month with Oddities all over the map, the adventure is coming to an end. And it’s going with a bang! The next Wizards Unite Event is called Harrowing Halloween, and here’s everything you need to know about it!
Halloween Event Dates
The team behind Wizards Unite know many of us have jobs, school, family or pets that take up quite a bit of our time. So instead of making us rush through the event and fit it into our busy schedules, they are giving us two whole days to enjoy the special Halloween Event.
The Harrowing Halloween Event starts on October 30th at 11 AM PDT (make sure to check when it starts in your local time) and ends on November 1st at 11 AM PDT. That’s precisely 24 hours of fun!
The Harrowing Halloween Chamber
The main focus of the Event will be Wizarding Challenges. During those two days we will get a special Fortress Chamber called Harrowing Halloween. The recommended Professional Grade for this Chamber is Level 4, the same as Ruins Chamber IV.
The Harrowing Halloween Chamber Foes
From what we could see thanks to a glitch earlier this month that allowed us to peek into the level, the foes will appear as Oddities, so if you’re a Professor you are even luckier.
Now, we believe the number of foes shown in the image above (1068) is part of the glitch, since it would be impossible for anyone to defeat that many foes with a limited amount of energy and given the time limit, so don’t let that scare you.
The Harrowing Halloween Chamber will also finally let us battle the Dark Witch we’ve seen in promotional images before. Given that this is a Level 4 Chamber, the foes won’t be hard to beat. In the case of the witch, the base Stamina for a Common Dark Witch is 114, so it shouldn’t take more than one or two hits to defeat her. If you are a Professor with a fully-powered Deterioration Hex you might even be able to get through the entire chamber using no energy at all!
The Fortress Chamber Runestones
Here is where things might get a little complicated for some players. The only way to access the special Harrowing Halloween Event Chamber is with Dark Arts Runestones.
Those of us who could fight the Calamity this past Community Day should have quite a few Dark Arts Runestones in stock. During those three hours we received a Runestone every time we defeated an Oddity, and the developers were kind enough to warn us (and then remind us) to save those Runestones for the Halloween Event.
If you couldn’t participate in the Community Day you will probably be a little short on those Runestones, since the only other way to get them is by levelling up the Dark Arts Family Registry Page or in Diagon Alley.
But if this is your case, we have a few ideas that might help you:
- We are expecting a complimentary gift that will reportedly have five Level 1 Dark Arts Runestones.
- There will also be an SOS Bundle (again, not yet confirmed) with Runestones Level 3, 4 and 5 (one of each) among other things for 400 Gold Coins.
- You can buy a bag of Level 1 Runestones in Diagon Alley for 40 Gold Coins that will contain one Runestone of each Family, so that’s one Level 1 Dark Arts Runestone per bag.
- We will see increased Dark Arts traces on our map. Those will help you level up your Family XP and get more Runestones.
- The Harrowing Halloween Chamber will also grant increased Dark Arts Family XP, which will help you level up as well.
The mighty Basilisk
The Harrowing Halloween Event will unlock some new foes to battle in the new Chamber, including the Dark Witch, the Dark Ministry Official and the Slytherin Basilisk.
While all the foes are new, one is more special than the others. The Slytherin Basilisk will be quite rare, so of course that is what we’re all looking forward to most.
Wizards Unite Developers have informed us the Basilisk will be more to appear in Sponsored Fortresses, so if there’s one near you make sure to stop there for a fight (or thirty). We are also more likely to find it when using higher-level Runestones, so let’s go crazy and use them all up first thing!
Thankfully, the number of players going into a Fortress doesn’t influence your chances of finding the Basilisk, so whether you’re part of a team or a solo player, your odds should be the same.
Defeating the Basilisk is also one of the tasks from the Harrowing Halloween Assignment. The reward for finding the Basilisk is an exclusive Title for our Ministry ID, a Restricted Section Book, and the possibility of completing all tasks to get 20 Gold Coins and a Ministry ID Badge. Which is great, but not a game-changer. So if you don’t manage to find the Basilisk it will be a pity, but it won’t change anything major in the game for you.
The Harrowing Traces on the Map
During the event we will find, as one might expect, many more Dark Arts traces on our maps. While special Traces have been appearing more and more in marked areas, your best bet is still going to a Dark Arts area (green banner) or staying away from those ‘nest’ areas altogether.
We will also see more of two other traces: Moaning Mirtle and Young Ginny Weasley.
Those two traces have, in fact, began appearing surprisingly often in the last few hours, so it looks like these two ladies got ahead of themselves. They are not only rare but also higher-level traces, so they’ll provide extra XP and a chance to complete, and Prestige, their respective Registry Pages.
The Harrowing Halloween Event Assignment
Graphic by @OrangeWizard2019
Just like during Brilliant Events, Harrowing Hallowing will bring us a list of tasks we need to complete in order to receive some interesting rewards. Let’s take a look at what they are, and what we’ll get when we complete them.
- Return 10 Dark Arts Family Foundables – Reward: 200 XP
- Place Dark Arts Runestones in Harrowing Halloween Fortress Chamber – Reward: 200 XP
- Defeat 3 Dark Witches – Reward: 3 scrolls
- Defeat 2 Dark Ministry Officials – Reward: 2 Red Spell Books
- Defeat 1 Slytherin Basilisk – Reward: 1 Green Restricted Section Book, 1 Ministry ID Title
Bonus Rewards for completion:
- 20 Gold Coins
- 1 Ministry ID Badge
The Special Harrowing Halloween Bundles
During this event we will have access to two bundles. Here’s what they offer (and cost).
- Complimentary Gift:
- 15 Spell Energy
- 5 Level 1 Dark Arts Runestones
- SOS Bundle (400 Gold Coins)
- 25 Spell Energy
- Dark Arts Runestones Level 3, 4 and 5 (one of each)
- 5 Healing Potions
- 5 Potent Exstimulo Potions
Harrowing Halloween Event Tips
Here are our tips for this special event:
- If you can get to a Sponsored Fortress do so. It will increase your chances of finding the Slytherin Basilisk and you will get Spell Energy as part of the rewards.
- Consider using high level Dark Arts Runestones, since they will increase the odds of finding the Basilisk.
- Play in a Dark Arts marked area if you can to make the most of the increase in Traces.
- Stop by every Inn for some energy. You’ll be doing a lot of Fortresses and returning a lot of Foundables. You can’t casts proper spells without a snack or two to give you energy!
- While the Chamber level is low, you might want to stock up on some Exstimulo Potions to defeat foes faster and save energy.
- If you are a Professor make sure you have enough Invigoration Draught to keep the Deterioration Hex going. You can probably get through a chamber using no energy with just a little patience and maybe a little extra focus.
- Remember the two special Foundables are quite rare. Even though they are not from the Dark Arts family you should probably try to return as many as you can. If only to complete their pages and get a little extra XP
- If you don’t have many Foundables around you, use your Tonic for Trace Detection. We don’t know what type of Trace it will show you, but it might come in handy.
- Halloween is the perfect time to dress up and not feel awkward! Get your robes, your wand, draw a scar on your forehead. Let’s go wild and enjoy Halloween!
- And as always, have an amazing time!
That’s all for today!
Are you looking forward to the last part of the event? On a scale from Fred to George, how amazing has this Dark Arts month been so far? Do you think you can defeat the Slytherin Basilisk and not die trying? Drop us a line in the comments and let us know your master plan!
Make sure you’re ready to make the most of the game, add your Friend Code to our map if you haven’t yet. You can also have a look around the map and find players in your area!
We also have a Local Community Map where you can add your Wizards Unite Communities for other players to find you!
If you have any more tips for new players make sure to leave them in the comment section! We’d love to hear from you.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!