The next Wizards Unite Community Day is going to be something special! Last week began the Dark Arts Month, and this October Community Day will stick to the theme and bring some pretty special things to our phones. Let’s take a look at the details!
When is it happening?
The October Community Day will take place on Saturday 19th of October from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. local time.
Unlike previous Community Days, where the event times were set by zones (Asian Pacific; Europe, Middle East, Africa and India; The Americas and Greenland) this month we’ll all be playing in our own local times.
So what does this mean? Well, everyone will get to play from 11 A.M. to 2 P.M. Whenever your device says it’s 11 A.M. local, get ready to start the three-hour special adventure!
This is great news for most players, especially if you were part of a wide area with many different time-zones, so Community Day would start too early for some players and too late for others.
Of course, we’ll be getting our first impressions from those players farthest to the east. This is great news for those of us in later time-zones since it will give developers time to fix any possible bug before the event kicks off in the next area. Not so great for those in the Asia-Pacific zone, which sometimes function as our guinea pigs.
What are we getting?
I may be a little biased here, since I’m having such a blast with Dark Arts Month, but this Community Day we’re getting so many amazing things!
To go along with the spooky October theme in Wizards Unite, the Community Day will focus mainly on Oddities.
During those three hours we will find Vampires, Werewolves and Doxies appearing far more often on the map.
These are some of the rarest Oddities in the game. Doxies generally appear only at dawn (from one hour before to one hour after sunrise). Vampires appear at night (from one hour after sunset to an hour before sunrise). And of course, Werewolves appear only around the full moon (generally two days before and two after, always at night). So seeing these Oddities in plain daylight will certainly be fun!
The Wizarding XP
During October Community Day, all Oddities will give us 3x Wizarding XP. Which means a high-level threat Oddity, such as the Horned Serpent, could yield 1500XP. Or twice that amount if using Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. It will be a great opportunity for a serious grind and, hopefully, level up at least once.
The Potion Perks
There are two Potions that will be working differently this Community Day.
First of all, the Tonic for Trace Detection will only reveal the special Oddities (Doxies, Vampires and Werewolves). This is great news, of course, especially since each Tonic should give us about nine special Traces.. Just remember that Fighting Forces II will start on the 22nd and you will need two Tonics to complete one of the missions, so make sure you don’t run out of the Trace or its ingredients!
Then, of course, there’s Baruffio’s Brain Elixir. This is where we’ll see the biggest change. A normal Elixir normally takes 12 hours to brew. During the event, however, brewing time will be cut down to 30 minutes. And if you think that’s not enough, Master Notes will cut the remaining time in half. This means we will be able to brew a Brain Elixir in fifteen minutes! (and just over ten minutes if you’re using the rented cauldron.
Here’s a graphic with all the details for both Potions:
The special rewards
As part of our preparation for the Halloween Day Event, which will mark the end of this amazing Dark Arts Month, there will be one extra reward during this Community Day. Some of the Oddities we encounter may reward Dark Arts Runestones. You might wonder why this is important; well, it turns out this Halloween we will have a special event that will include a brand new chamber in our Fortresses. And to access this chamber we will need to use Dark Arts Runestones. This is the reason why, during Community Day, we will be getting, hopefully, a few of them as rewards after encounters.
Please remember to save them until Halloween!!!
The Partner Inns
Another thing that will happen during this Community Day relates to sponsored Inns. During those three hours, sponsored Inns (or Partner Inns) will yield more spell energy than normal. So make sure to veer their way if you have any in your area!
The Complimentary Gift
This community day we will get a really nice Complimentary Gift. It will include 25 Spell Energy, one Tonic for Trace Detection and ingredients to brew one Brain Elixir.
As always, the limit is one per player. If they use the same system as they did during the previous Community Day, this Complimentary Gift may only be available during the three hours the event lasts, so don’t forget to keep an eye out for the icon on the screen or head over to Diagon Alley (via the Suitcase) to claim yours.
October Community Day Tips
Community Days only last three hours. It’s important to be prepared so we can make the most of the time and, in this case, hopefully complete and prestige the Oddities Registry Pages.
Here are our tips for this Community Day:
Catch them all!
- Try to stay away from marked areas (those that have Family banners). Remember there are no Oddities areas.
- Use Dark Detectors to farm your area if you can’t move around a lot. If you are using multiple Dark Detectors remember it’s better to have three in one Inn than one in three Inns.
- Use the Tonic for Trace Detection if you have it to see more Traces around you. Remember during Community Day the Tonic will get you only the special Oddities! (But remember to save some for Fighting Forces II)
- Oddities will yield 3x Wizarding XP. Use some Baruffio’s Brain Elixirs as well.
- Try to start with a full Spell Energy bar. You’ll need it, and it will save you from having to stop every time you run out.
- Use Oddities Runestones in Fortresses to get all the Horned Serpent Egg and Centaur Bow Fragments. You’ll need to complete those Foundables to Prestige.
To Brew or not to Brew
- Make sure your cauldron is empty when the Community Day begins. Brewing time won’t change if a potion began brewing before the event.
- Check your ingredients. Make sure you have all you need to brew as many Brain Elixirs as you can. Remember Leaping Toadstool takes 24 hours to grow in a Greenhouse. Prepare beforehand. If you’re short on Powdered Dragon Claw remember you can find it as a reward in Portkeys.
- Consider renting a cauldron. But only if you have enough ingredients. You could brew 12 Brain Elixirs during Community Day in your normal Cauldron. If you don’t have ingredients for more you should probably save the Gold. (Pro Tip: If you start a potion just before your rental time ends, that potion will still brew with all the perks of the rental (10% faster brewing). So you might want to time it just right and maybe even spend a Gold Coin or two to speed up the last potion and squeeze one last Brain Elixir just before the Community Day ends)
Be ready for anything
- Start off with a fully charged phone
- Bring a battery pack along if you think you might need it
- Check the weather before you head out. Dress accordingly.
- Stay safe. If the weather is too bad to go out, don’t. There will be other events. The Ministry of Magic will understand.
Make it awesome!
- Don’t be shy. It might seem daunting, but if you see someone playing Wizards Unite try to approach them. Us Potterheads are a friendly bunch. You’ll feel awkward for a moment or two, then make new friends to play with in your area. Also, wearing something Harry Potter-related might help other players spot you!
- Convert those Muggles! They can be our allies. And they will come in handy when we’re short a player and want to venture into a Fortress.
- And most importantly, Have fun! Stay true to the spirit of the game (and the source material). Have a wonderful time and tell us all about it afterwards!
And that’s what’s coming this Community Day!
Are you as excited as we are? Have you been enjoying Dark Arts Month as much as we have? Do you have any tips that we missed? Or maybe want to share your experience with the game and the events? Let us know in the comments!
Also, here’s a quick guide to Community Days for Wizards Unite Beginners you might find useful.
Are you part of a Local Community? Don’t forget to add it to our Local Community Map so other players in your area can find you!
And you can also add your Friend Code to this map so other players can add you as a friend in the game.
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!