After a busy few weeks and a lot of issues importing the footage, I’m finally ready to post my second Wizards Unite video. In this one, I share my impressions on the Wizards Unite Brilliant Event, which is sure to be the first of many.
A Newbie’s take on the Brilliant Event
So without further ado, here is the video.
A few things worth mentioning
What I enjoyed:
- The time frame. Long enough for most casual players to make their way through the four parts.
- The missions, which were attainable (unlike other Harry Potter games. Not pointing any fingers, Hogwarts Mystery…)
- The graphics, with their lovely new shade of purple down to the spells cast.
- The Foundables. Even the log-topus brilliant.
- Really useful rewards, especially Profesion Books
What could be improved
- A more stable Trace Ratio (lots of event traces on day one, barely any on day two, seemed to settle somewhere in between the following days, and quite a few in the last day or two).
- Issues with Portkeys not logging distances properly.
- Not enough keys to run simultaneous Portkeys.
- Runestones were easy to miss, they had almost the same colour as Oddities Runestones.
- It was unclear where to find each of the Registry items. Many people were left wondering why they could only find traces for unicorns and hippogriffs on the map.
Infographic by Nerdleeniffler
And that’s a wrap
Hope you enjoyed the event and learnt a thing or two so you can be better prepared for the next one. I know I did!
Did you finish the event tasks and complete the Registry? Did you have trouble with something we didn’t mention? Or especially enjoyed another aspect of the Event? Let us know in the comments!
Want to stay up to date with all Wizards Unite news? Subscribe to the blog and follow us on social media (@AccioWU across the board).
You can also join our discord and our forum so we can talk a little more about WizU. Or share our adventures playing Wizards Unite. Or maybe just talk about the game over some Butterbeer. Just click the button you like most and you’ll find us on the other side!