The wait has been long. We all know that. But for the last six months, Niantic and Warner have been giving us these little teaser trailers to keep us appeased. And don’t get me wrong, I love them. They’re not really what we want, but have you seen that Niffler? And those kittens? How could anyone not enjoy watching them?
Not only that, but for a teaser trailer with no actual game footage, the cinematography, the details…it’s a high-value production. It’s a pity there hasn’t been more coverage in mainstream media. Harry Potter is a household name, after all.
The Wizards Unite Trailers
So, without further blabbering on my part, here is a little timeline of the trailers we’ve seen so far. All seven of them. The last four of which came out within the last two weeks.These are all the trailers that have been released so far. We will, of course, continue to update the timeline as (if) new Wizards Unite videos come out.
The Threat Level Clock
One thing we noticed is that the threat level of each trace has been rising.
- On the first trailer we saw a rogue Snitch and an SoS Task Force member immediately capture it.
- The second one showed us some security camera footage of Nimbus flying in a Muggle speedway. The footage was never released to Muggles.
- Then came the Niffler, which people mistook for some kind of toy, a cute feature in a Muggle Arcade.
- On the kitten trailer the woman recording the video seemed surprised by what she was seeing, the Snitch flying around her kittens, but she didn’t seem panicked or an immediate danger to the Statute of Secrecy.
The last three trailers, however, were quite different.
- Security camera footage shows a three-headed dog (Fluffy?) attacking a food truck outside a sports stadium. This bit of news made the papers.
- Another security camera caught a copy of the Monster Book of Monsters attacking a poor clerk in a shop.
- The last trailer contained footage from all the previous ones. and was the one playing in the UK before Detective Pikachu. Apart from previous footage we also saw some Dark Wizards attacking some football players (and undercover wizards?) during a football match. We also got a peek at the Sorting Hat in the cover of Vogue and an article on Buzzfeed showing some Cornish Pixies trying to steal a baseball glove in the middle of a match.
It’s getting harder and harder to remain hidden from Muggles, the Ministry needs your help.
And of course, don’t forget to subscribe to keep up with the latest Wizards Unite news. You can also join us at our Discord Channel and our Community Forum. We’re a fun (and weird) bunch always ready for a chat!