Here at Accio Wizards Unite we are, above all, two geeky fans who love Harry Potter. And we’ve always enjoyed the community that surrounded this magical world from day one. Now, many years later, we decided to take a more active part in the community centred on Wizards Unite.
And as we set off, we met these wonderful creatures Newt definitely should have included in Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them. The WuTubers.
This feature section is dedicated to them. They are all different and unique, and they make amazing content everyone interested in Wizards Unite (and Harry Potter in general) should watch.
The Superb Snitches & Witches!
If you’ve looked into anything related to Wizards Unite, then you’ve probably come across Zoë at Snitches & Witches by now. Her youtube videos and instagram stories and quite often hilarious, and so are her tweets.
But we wanted to get to know her a little better, and to give you guys the chance to do the same. So we grabbed our best Quick-Quotes Quill and got to work.
Getting to know Zoë
- Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Zoë, I’m 27 years old, and I live in Anchorage, Alaska
- The name you choose for your YouTube channel and your social media often defines how people see you. So how did you choose Snitches & Witches?
Mostly because the Golden Snitch didn’t seem to be a symbol anyone had used yet! Once I knew I wanted to make content, I did some research, found the Hub, and decided that the Snitch was the safest symbol to go with that no one had used yet. Plus it makes GREAT merch. 😉
- What’s your Hogwarts House? And what do you think it says about you?
I’m actually a SlytherClaw! So I have a ton of ambition and wit, but I also love exploring my creative side and my organisation skills. I claim Slytherin mostly because I tend to get distracted and want to spend too much time plotting world domination… I mean.. what? No… I mean… my channel’s content… *ahem*
The Harry Potter Community
- How old were you when you discovered Harry Potter?
My aunt and my mom took me to the first movie premiere when I was eight and I was hooked!
We snagged the first book not long after and I screamed right through it. Midway through reading the second book she gave me this warning that the books got pretty dark but I could keep reading if I wanted. That small warning, along with the whispering and pressures of be part of a VERY conservative church that viewed Harry Potter as “evil”, I interpreted it in my 8 year old brain to mean “You can’t read Harry Potter.”
So, I got really good at smuggling them in as they released and were put in my local library. Often I’d have to wait for MONTHS before I could snag the next one. I read all the way through book five before my reading interests took me in other directions. I’m finally finishing up the series, years later and am so excited to see where the Wizarding World takes me next!
- What do you like most about the Potterverse?
It’s a love I know many have voiced, but it’s the themes of found families and acceptance and tolerance and standing up for what’s right even when it’s hard.
Those themes have taught an entire generation that they don’t have to take things lying down. We all can learn a little from Harry standing up and doing the thing that’s right, even though it may cost you everything.
- What do you think about the Harry Potter fan community? Do you think it’s different from other Fandoms?
Every fandom is different and yet so much the same! I feel like the Potter Fandom is very socially aware and active in today’s social issues.
The Harry Potter Alliance, Lumos, and so many other organisations that have sprung up around this fandom are HUGE examples of the power Fandoms hold.
The Life of a WuTuber
- Being a WuTuber is a lot of work. What made you decide to start your channel? And why Wizards Unite?
I’ve been doing video production on and off for the last ten years. Knowing the amount of work that has to go into something like this is VERY familiar to me. I worked as AV Staff at a camp and put out MINIMUM 6 pieces of content a week for 10 weeks straight in a summer. And I did THAT for two summers.
I know what it’s like to film for 5 hours straight, go edit for another 8 and have your computer stop rendering and crash at 2 am.
I’ve been there.
I’ve cried, made some coffee, and sat down to edit the whole thing again.
It SUCKS a lot of the time. And it’s HARD. But I stopped doing it for 5 years and felt EMPTY. Now I’m doing it again, I feel more myself. Wizards Unite just looks like FUN. I love the Potter Fandom and the Wizarding World. And I’d love to share the fun I’m going to have with as many people as possible. And I know how to film and edit. So why not Wizards Unite?
- What would you like people to know about your channel? What makes it special?
I’m a LOT of person IRL and I keep it 100% real on my channel. I’m bouncy and fun and will NEVER play down a reaction.
My editing style is fast paced and I tend to use a TON of on screen comedy.
I have several parodies up that you (yes you, with the eyeballs reading this on your phone) should watch and share with your friends to spread the HYPE!
Also… sometimes I’m cute so. 😀
- What are you looking forward to the most about Wizards Unite?
I have to choose? Oh no…
Honestly I’m so looking forward to seeing how Niantic uses AR to immerse us in the Wizarding World. The AR Pictures and Portmanteau experiences are JUST the beginning!
- What are your plans for the channel once the game is out?
DAILY uploads for a while.
It’s gonna be a ton of work but I’m just so excited to play, I don’t want anyone to miss a SECOND! After the fall hits, we shall have to see. If there’s still daily content opportunities, I’ll keep doing daily! But I may slow down during the cold months. Planning on travelling a TON with Lynette over at WizardPHD and Gitta Lovegood. And I’ll be specialising in the Auror Profession, so you can check out all the cool stuff you can do as an Auror with me!
- Anything else you’d like to share?
I really want my channel to be an extension of Hogwarts. We aren’t gonna talk about news or anything that’s happening in politics. It’s just a safe place to play the game and get away for a minute. Come pull up a chair, grab a cup of tea and a biscuit, and lets chat!
Some fantastic Wizards Unite Videos
This is the video that inspired #JusticeForMelinda and it was so much fun to make. I’m so proud of it!
I talk about a possible Conspiracy Theory in the Wizarding world and how the Calamity is proof we can’t trust the Ministry of Magic!
This is Episode 1 of Charms Class! While we have confirmation of the spells that are currently in the game, I’m so excited at how many spells I got right!
How to find and follow Zoë -Snitches & Witches
Here are a few places where you can find Zoë and her wonderful content. If you’re not following her yet, here is your chance!
- On Twitter: @SnitchesWitch
- And on Instagram: @snitcheswitches
- On Youtube: Snitches And Witches
- Or on the WuTuber Discord
Snitches and Witches and the Online Community
We’ve been asking around, and people out there seem to like Zoë! So we asked them to tell us what they thought of her. Here are some of the replies!
- @profLynette: I can count on Zoë to make me laugh. And as someone who probably knows her very well (literally, I talk to her EVERY DAY), Zoë is one of the wittiest and most supportive people I’ve ever met. A brilliant content creator and amazing friend!! Also, a reliable Auror, for sure
- @WizardWayKris: Zoë is that quirky ball of caffeinated energy that takes you on a ride in every single video she makes. Her humor makes her delightfully engaging as one of the
#WizUWitches, and she isn’t afraid to spill tea, cast shade, or talk conspiracy w/fellow #Potterheads. Sharp as a tack!
- @GittaLovegood: Zoë is such an amazing person! She is all about the community and will fiercely protect it and anyone she cares about. She does tons of research for her videos, and is our in house
#WUtuber conspiracy theorist! Definitely go subscribe for some super funny videos!
- @CoopersCharms: I love how Zoë is so unapologetically Zoë. She’s goofy, makes people smile and has such a passion for what she creates. She so obviously has such a big heart when it comes to her friends and family. She has been one of my biggest inspirations as well!
So now what?
Now, of course, you go and follow Zoë. On social media, though…we do not condone actual stalking unless it’s us doing it. Check out her videos, which are creative, and fun, and just perfect (The Dark Auror Rises is a work of art). And keep an eye on all her social media, it’s absolutely worth it!